Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Deliverance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Deliverance (277 Views)

Pastor Touches A Lady's Vagina & Boobs During Deliverance (Photo) / "Pastor Poured Liquid In My Private Part"; Woman Injured After Deliverance. PICS / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deliverance by AbundantLife05: 6:08am On Jul 30, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
DELIVERANCE. Luke 4:16-19
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. 17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, 18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. (KJV)
It has pleased the Lord that we discuss a topic that is not new to the body of Christ today, we will be looking at deliverance and how it relates to us. What is deliverance? The word the Bible used in Luke 4:18 originally is APHIESIS, it means a release from bandage and imprisonment. It has a corresponding verb called APHIEMI which means to send away or let go. As used in the scripture, it is primarily associated with liberation in regards to sin.

There are primarily two takeaways from verse 18 of our text. The first is that the scripture is about Jesus which tells us that deliverance being one of the things written about him is encapsulated in his name. Jesus is our focus and go to guide when talking about deliverance. Secondly, deliverance primarily has a direct relationship with freedom from sin. Romans 6:8-12: And since we died with Christ, we know we will also live with him. [9]We are sure of this because Christ was raised from the dead, and he will never die again. Death no longer has any power over him. [10]When he died, he died once to break the power of sin. But now that he lives, he lives for the glory of God. [11]So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus. [12]Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. NLT. Every man born into this world is under the bandage of sin because of the sinful nature we received from Adam and thus we need deliverance from the power of sin by believing in our hearts and by confessing with our mouths that Jesus is Lord. There is a correspondence between what the hearts believes and what the mouth confess. Romans 10:9-10: If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. [10]For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved. NLT.

However, there is another side to this as Jesus also came to destroy the works of the kingdom of darkness in all forms. The truth is that, the earth is a physical realm where beings with physical bodies are the only legal operators. The implication is that the fallen angels (demons) who were cast here from heaven need a physical body to function adequately. Thus, the need for spiritual beings fighting to get hold of the mind or spirit of humans. By design man is a spirit being, who has a mind and a physical body. When an evil spirit is in one’s spirit, it is called possession (Luke 8:26-36), when an evil spirit is in one’s mind, it is called obsession (Luke 8: 5&12), the demon makes sure that its host concentrates on sinful and destructive thoughts at all times. The last form is oppression when an evil spirit is trying to gain access into one’s mind (Luke 4:1-4). In this scripture, the devil went to Jesus through external thoughts to tell him to turn a stone to bread. He was trying to gain access into his mind. NOTE: Anybody can be oppressed but our defence as children of God as Jesus showed us is the word of God.

Also, victory from oppression, obsession, and possession are guaranteed in the word of God and the power in the name of Jesus. All demons can be ejected by the authority in the name of Jesus just as the bible affirm in Philippians 2:9-11: Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor And gave him the name above all other names, [10]that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, In heaven and on earth and under the earth, [11]and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, To the glory of God the Father. NLT.

It is equally important to note that anyone who has given his or her life to Christ cannot be demon possessed but if such person does not stand on the authority of the word of God and his or her authority in Christ, such person can be demon obsessed or oppressed. This is because at new birth, transformation occurs in a man’s spirit when the Holy Spirit goes into his spirit, the transformation of the mind is a product of renewal through the word of God. 2 Corinthians 5:17: This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! NLT.

However, no matter what, victory over demons and sin is captured in the name of Jesus. It is only through him that we have deliverance. The first step to deliverance is by belonging to him by giving your life to him by saying this prayer wholeheartedly if you haven’t done that before; Dear Jesus, I believe that you died for my sins and you resurrected on the third day by the power of God, please forgive my sins and write my name in the book of life and I will serve you forever. Amen. If you have recited the prayer, I congratulate you and I urge you to join a bible believing church as you begin your journey in Christ.

God bless you.
Re: Deliverance by Bluezy13(m): 6:59am On Jul 30, 2023
Hungry children are in the streets, innocent people are being killed daily, homeless people are littered even under the bridge and it is never their fault.
And they will die suffering.

Why exactly has God not delivered them
Re: Deliverance by yrhuhfy113: 7:20am On Jul 30, 2023
Bluezy13:
Hungry children are in the streets, innocent people are being killed daily, homeless people are littered even under the bridge and it is never their fault.

I used to ask the same question years ago till I discovered (by listening to DADDY ADEBOYE AND TB JOSHUA) that WE ARE THE SOLUTIONS OF EACH OTHER.

What irritates you or breaks you, is what you are called to SOLVE.
simple and clear.

IF YOU NOTICE THEM, it is hypocrisy to expect someone else to do it.

IT IS LIKE A CHILD IN THE HOUSE, NOTICING THAT THE PARLOUR IS NOT SWEPT AND GETTING ANGRY THAT THE PARENTS ALLOWED THE PARLOUR TO BE UNKEMPT......... That child is either NOT trained OR is illegitimate.

GOD SOLVES MAN'S PROBLEMS BY SENDING ANOTHER MAN.
The devil does the same too.

SO WHAT YOU NOTICE, IF IT DEEPLY TOUCHES YOU, is actually what you are called to SOLVE.
Re: Deliverance by Bluezy13(m): 8:49am On Jul 30, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

I used to ask the same question years ago till I discovered (by listening to DADDY ADEBOYE AND TB JOSHUA) that WE ARE THE SOLUTIONS OF EACH OTHER.

What irritates you or breaks you, is what you are called to SOLVE.
simple and clear.

IF YOU NOTICE THEM, it is hypocrisy to expect someone else to do it.

IT IS LIKE A CHILD IN THE HOUSE, NOTICING THAT THE PARLOUR IS NOT SWEPT AND GETTING ANGRY THAT THE PARENTS ALLOWED THE PARLOUR TO BE UNKEMPT......... That child is either NOT trained OR is illegitimate.

GOD SOLVES MAN'S PROBLEMS BY SENDING ANOTHER MAN.
The devil does the same too.

SO WHAT YOU NOTICE, IF IT DEEPLY TOUCHES YOU, is actually what you are called to SOLVE.

How can I solved a problem when I do not have the resources to solve them?
Why should there be a problem to be solved?
Why is god inflicting pain on them by not manipulating those with the resources to solve their problems?
Is god that incompetent that he can do abracadabra and solve man's problem but sends another man who is limited to solve man's problem?
So God created a problem for man he created to solve?
So those that are suffering will keep suffering to death if no man comes to their aid?
Does it mean that god is playing games with man by subjecting man to suffering that's not even man's fault?

Wait a minute, are you reasoning with your brain at all
Look around you, see children, homeless children dying of hunger, people looking for even a spoon of gari to drink, people who have lost hope of survival and only survive just for that day. People with one ailments or the other that they can control.

How do you reason From your anus or what
In short, thunder fire you and that your God.
Re: Deliverance by AbundantLife05: 10:58am On Jul 30, 2023
Dear Bluezy, thanks for that question. The truth is the problem you have described was created by man (the fallen nature of man living in sin is capable of doing anything). The solution is for us to go back to God and walk in his love. 1 John 4:20: If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a fellow believer, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see? NLT. Love that expects nothing in return and that one that does not discriminate is a proof someone has seen God. This type of love can only be seen in Jesus.

At the end, Jesus (God) is the answer but he will use men to fulfil his purpose. Aligning to God and walking with God solves the problem you have mentioned especially when the love of God reigns from home to home which later transform the society at large.

God bless you.
Bluezy13:

Re: Deliverance by Bluezy13(m): 1:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
AbundantLife05:
Dear Bluezy, thanks for that question. The truth is the problem you have described was created by man (the fallen nature of man living in sin is capable of doing anything). The solution is for us to go back to God and walk in his love. 1 John 4:20: If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a fellow believer, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see? NLT. Love that expects nothing in return and that one that does not discriminate is a proof someone has seen God. This type of love can only be seen in Jesus.

At the end, Jesus (God) is the answer but he will use men to fulfil his purpose. Aligning to God and walking with God solves the problem you have mentioned especially when the love of God reigns from home to home which later transform the society at large.

God bless you.

You ended up saying nothing.
Re: Deliverance by yrhuhfy113: 1:28am On Jul 31, 2023
Bluezy13:

How can I solved a problem when I do not have the resources to solve them?
Why should there be a problem to be solved?
Why is god inflicting pain on them by not manipulating those with the resources to solve their problems?
Is god that incompetent that he can do abracadabra and solve man's problem but sends another man who is limited to solve man's problem?
So God created a problem for man he created to solve?
So those that are suffering will keep suffering to death if no man comes to their aid?
Does it mean that god is playing games with man by subjecting man to suffering that's not even man's fault?

Wait a minute, are you reasoning with your brain at all
Look around you, see children, homeless children dying of hunger, people looking for even a spoon of gari to drink, people who have lost hope of survival and only survive just for that day. People with one ailments or the other that they can control.

How do you reason From your anus or what
In short, thunder fire you and that your God.

you are actually the one who is reasoning anally.

calm down....

if the bible is true.... then WAHALA no dey finish..... why should lucifer betray GOD when he was already in heaven... lol.... see PROBLEMS AND CHALLENGES make us great.

Your concept of how life should be, is boring.

GOD GAVE US CHOICE.....so he should be blamed for our choices abi. WHOSE SENSE IS NOW IN THE ANUS.... its yours.

EVEN NAIRALAND is not responsible for what you post..... yet the platform is given FREE.

We have freedom of speech BUT if you say some sensitive things, you will still be punished....

YOU ARE ASKING THE WRONG QUESTIONS.

GOD WON'T COME DOWN.... for us screwing up the perfect world he gave us after he gave us the TOTAL CHARGE OF THE WORLD. READ YOUR BIBLE..... the world was given to man... MAN MESSED IT UP..... yet GOD SENT HIS ONLY SON, the same world, KILLED HIM.... and till now GOD IS STILL USING THE SON'S BLOOD AND SACRIFICE TO SAVE MANKIND AND REDEEM SOULS TO HIMSELF.

HEAVEN IS REAL, HELL IS RELL but some people made choices to make their lives a LIVING HELL FOR THEIR ENTIRE GENERATION. It is NOT God's fault.

So when you are ready to think straight, you will understand LIFE.
Re: Deliverance by Bluezy13(m): 1:58am On Jul 31, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

you are actually the one who is reasoning anally.

calm down....

if the bible is true.... then WAHALA no dey finish..... why should lucifer betray GOD when he was already in heaven... lol.... see PROBLEMS AND CHALLENGES make us great.

Your concept of how life should be, is boring.

GOD GAVE US CHOICE.....so he should be blamed for our choices abi. WHOSE SENSE IS NOW IN THE ANUS.... its yours.

EVEN NAIRALAND is not responsible for what you post..... yet the platform is given FREE.

We have freedom of speech BUT if you say some sensitive things, you will still be punished....

YOU ARE ASKING THE WRONG QUESTIONS.

GOD WON'T COME DOWN.... for us screwing up the perfect world he gave us after he gave us the TOTAL CHARGE OF THE WORLD. READ YOUR BIBLE..... the world was given to man... MAN MESSED IT UP..... yet GOD SENT HIS ONLY SON, the same world, KILLED HIM.... and till now GOD IS STILL USING THE SON'S BLOOD AND SACRIFICE TO SAVE MANKIND AND REDEEM SOULS TO HIMSELF.

HEAVEN IS REAL, HELL IS RELL but some people made choices to make their lives a LIVING HELL FOR THEIR ENTIRE GENERATION. It is NOT God's fault.

So when you are ready to think straight, you will understand LIFE.

Please be reasonable when writing next time.
Re: Deliverance by yrhuhfy113: 7:44am On Jul 31, 2023
Bluezy13:

Please be reasonable when writing next time.

When you said all your thrash words at me, you were being reasonable?

Its sad to imagine you exist.

you don't want TRUTH, you just wanted to vent.

Enjoy your solitude bro
Re: Deliverance by Bluezy13(m): 8:00am On Jul 31, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

When you said all your thrash words at me, you were being reasonable?

Its sad to imagine you exist.

you don't want TRUTH, you just wanted to vent.

Enjoy your solitude bro

If this makes sense to you then something is wrong somewhere
Re: Deliverance by Kobojunkie: 9:47am On Jul 31, 2023
Bluezy13:
Not trying to hold brief for any of the claims made by the OP but why is God meant to deliver them? undecided

Where is it written that God came to deliver the homeless people, those who are about to be killed, the hungry children, etc? undecided
Re: Deliverance by Bluezy13(m): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Not trying to hold brief for any of the claims made by the OP but why is God meant to deliver them? undecided

Who is considered to have created them?
Re: Deliverance by Kobojunkie: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2023
Bluezy13:
■ Who is considered to have created them?
Their parents? undecided

But back to the question... but why is God meant to deliver them? undecided

Where is it written that God came to deliver the homeless people, those who are about to be killed, the hungry children, etc? undecided
Re: Deliverance by Bluezy13(m): 9:52am On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Their parents? undecided

But back to the question... but why is God meant to deliver them? undecided

Who is considered to be the creator and controller of things
Re: Deliverance by Kobojunkie: 9:54am On Jul 31, 2023
Bluezy13:
■ Who is considered to be the creator and controller of things
You aren't answering the question. Why is this God you refer to as the creator and controller required to deliver men from the mess they have created for themselves? Why do you place this requirement on Him? undecided
Re: Deliverance by Bluezy13(m): 10:06am On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You aren't answering the question. Why is this God you refer to as the creator and controller required to deliver men from the mess they have created for themselves? Why do you place this requirement on Him? undecided

If you create something and that thing is not functioning properly, who is responsible for making it function properly ??

By the way, can you point out where I stated categorically that God created them??

I said that God is considered to have created them. This doesn't mean that I am affirming that God created them. Think properly.
Re: Deliverance by Kobojunkie: 10:09am On Jul 31, 2023
Bluezy13:
■ If you create something and that thing is not functioning properly, who is responsible for making it function properly ??
■ By the way, can you point out where I stated categorically that God created them?? I said that God is considered to have created them. This doesn't mean that I am affirming that God created them. Think properly.
How did you come about this verdict? undecided

2. You acknowledge him as creator and controller and insist that he should deliver his creation but you don't me to accept this of you? undecided
Re: Deliverance by Bluezy13(m): 10:13am On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How did you come about this verdict? undecided

2. You acknowledge him as creator and controller and insist that he should deliver his creation but you don't me to accept this of you? undecided

I think you have comprehension problem.
Re: Deliverance by Kobojunkie: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2023
Bluezy13:
■ I think you have comprehension problem.
Comprehension issues on top say na questions I ask? undecided
Re: Deliverance by Bluezy13(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Comprehension issues on top say na questions I ask? undecided

I can't continue in this loop with you.
Re: Deliverance by Kobojunkie: 10:36am On Jul 31, 2023
Bluezy13:
■ I can't continue in this loop with you.
You created the "loop" for reasons best known to you though.

Anyways, you have yet to answer the one question I have been asking from the start... why is God meant to deliver men from their own faults? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Zion Prayer Ministry Announces Its 7-day Power-packed Crusade 2023 / Rapture Teaching Is False / Heaven's Eye Drama Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.