Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,515 members, 7,836,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos (4941 Views)

Weapons Recovered From Criminals By Soldiers In The North. Photos / Photos See What Nigerian Army Recovered From Boko Haram / Pics Of Heavy Equipment Recovered From Boko Haram's Failed Attack In Maidugury (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by ak47mann(m): 11:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
Mobile policemen, Weekend,  stormed Ebute kekere street, Akesan near Obadore in Igando area of Lagos, sending shivers down the spines of the residents, as the police burst a gang of kidnappers whose hide-out was in the neighbourhood.

When the gate of the  said building was forced open, the policemen were reportedly greeted by sporadic shots from a middle-aged man. However, the Police succeeded in disarming him after shooting him on the leg.

The recovered arms, charms and the suspects
It was gathered that, seven other  suspected kidnappers and occupants of the building jumped over the high fence and escaped.  The police rescued three men reportedly abducted from different areas of Lagos, where they were locked up in one of the rooms, blindfolded with their hands tied.

Arms and ammunitions
But to the amazement of all, when a search was conducted, a catchment of weapons  comprising  three rocket launchers and  three rockets, eight AK 47 magazines fully loaded with a total of 3,240 rounds of ammunition, four dynamites and assorted charms were found.

See  our detail report later.

VANGUARD NEWSPAPER

Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by aljharem3: 11:21pm On Oct 09, 2011
WOW

see weapons
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by ak47mann(m): 11:23pm On Oct 09, 2011
This is serious kidnapping is everywhere cool
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by aljharem3: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2011
ak47mann:

This is serious kidnapping is everywhere cool

It is sad you know. I think kidnapping is the new Yahoo yahoo in Nigeria
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by ak47mann(m): 11:26pm On Oct 09, 2011
it sound like it
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by htajz: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
wetin dey wan carry all that weapon do? na war they wan start ,nawa for this country oo this one don pass kidnapping and armed robbery or maybe they are planing to rob a bank.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2011
I would have supported them if they had distributed these weapons to the citizens of SW Nigeria. We have to protect ourselves and get ready one way or the other.

Anybody that is not preparing for war in Nigeria is simply misguided.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by htajz: 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I would have supported them if they had distributed these weapons to the citizens of SW Nigeria. We have to protect ourselves and get ready one way or the other.

Anybody that is not preparing for war in Nigeria is simply misguided.

na u and who wan fight war? abeg they fight am for your side oo any day yorubas and hausa tire for naija they are most welcome to leave we go just dey look tree like say nothing dey happen.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Jakumo(m): 5:53am On Oct 10, 2011
As soon as those banditos have been forced to give up the location of other gang members, they should be taken out back and machinegunned until they turn to jellyfish, which can then be scraped up into baskets for disposal at sea. 

Anyone using an RPG7 grenade launcher in a peacetime setting is clearly prepared to slaughter innocent bystanders by the dozen, and is thus eligible for summary instant justice of the sort dispensed by sheriffs posses in the Old West
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Beaf: 5:59am On Oct 10, 2011
This guys are definitely much more than mere kidnappers. With the finding of rocket launchers, explosives and the sheer volume of ammunition, it is almost certain that they are part of some sort of militia. In my opinion, Lagos is very lucky to have escaped their unslaught; thorough investigations need to be carried out into who and what they really are.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Jakumo(m): 6:10am On Oct 10, 2011
You ain't lyin' Beaf. The number of AK magazines displayed in that picture could hold enough rounds to bring Lagos to a standstill, while each RPG round has a generous 50-yard fragmentation envelope, within which all living beings would be cut to red shreds.

The victims freed from the hideout of that gang were probably being held in preparation for human sacrifice rituals, rather than for ransom demands. Some intense water-boarding ought to fetch out the truth about the mission for which that arsenal was amassed by those gentlemen.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Akanbiedu(m): 6:25am On Oct 10, 2011
Lagos is not lucky. Lagos is proactive with security. Lagos security fund, unlike the police equipment fund of the PDP-led federal govt, is on the ground providing police with necessary equipment to aid operations.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Beaf: 6:31am On Oct 10, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Lagos is not lucky. Lagos is proactive with security. Lagos security fund, unlike the police equipment fund of the PDP-led federal govt, is on the ground providing police with necessary equipment to aid operations. 

Shut up man, and stop talking out of point.
The weapons might even belong to a politician, and all are the same.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Akanbiedu(m): 6:42am On Oct 10, 2011
Beaf,
What happened to N50billion police equipment fund? Apart from cars gifts bought and distributed to politicians? Did the remaining go into campaign?
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Beaf: 7:10am On Oct 10, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Beaf,
What happened to N50billion police equipment fund? Apart from cars gifts bought and distributed to politicians? Did the remaining go into campaign?

You will soon begin sounding as foolish as Eko Ile, dayokanu and Demdem.
I wonder why a grown up would ask foolish questions out of the blue? Stop derailling the topic, I don't enjoy the attention of fools.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Rhino5dm: 7:24am On Oct 10, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin.

Beaf:

You will soon begin sounding as foolish as Eko Ile, dayokanu and Demdem.
I wonder why a grown up would ask foolish questions out of the blue? Stop derailling the topic, I don't enjoy the attention of fools.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Akanbiedu(m): 7:37am On Oct 10, 2011
I will take that as a yes then. You see my friend, it takes more than luck to secure people.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by BetaThings: 7:40am On Oct 10, 2011
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63857:-police-arrest-kidnap-suspects-with-rockets-dynamites-in-lagos&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

One of the suspects from Anambra State who confessed to the crime noted that he had killed one person in Awka and had fled to Lagos to hide.                  .

He is related to one of the victims who was kidnapped.

According to him, “one of the victims is my uncle. He was able to recognize my voice when we captured him. I  killed someone in Awka and decided to come and hide in Lagos when my friend introduced me into the business.”

The other suspect said his duty in the syndicate was to pick up the ransom at a designated place.                  .

“My own job is to go and pick the money from the victim’s relatives,” he said.

The police returned home with this haul: Two kidnap suspects, rockets and dynamites.

One of the victims, Mr. Godwin Eneh, a 66-year- old surgeon, who narrated his ordeal to reporters, noted that his hands and legs were tied for several days while his captors demanded several millions of naira as ransom for his freedom.       “I am a surgeon and an industrialist. These men at Ajao Estate kidnapped me at gunpoint last week Thursday. They came to me well armed and pointed their gun at me. They started beating me up  with their guns. At first, they said they were from the EFCC, (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission). Later they said my partner paid them N50 million to kill me and therefore demanded  N150 million from me as ransom. But to God be the glory, yesterday, between 6.00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m., policemen came to rescue us. Our being rescued was a miracle because the policemen were very few and they still were able to perform,” he said.

Another victim, a manufacturer of foams and plastic products told reporters that he was kidnapped at Ajangbadi, a suburb of Lagos also at gunpoint.

If this had happened in the North, we would have been hearing:
 We need to split this country
 Buhari/Atiku/IBB/Ciroma etc shoule be in jail
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Beaf: 7:45am On Oct 10, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

I will take that as a yes then. You see my friend, it takes more than luck to secure people.

If by yes, you mean you are sounding as foolish as Eko Ile, dayokanu and Demdem, then we are agreed; especially as it was your people from Kenny Martins to Tafa Balogun that were involved. These days, you guy's have produced the legendary Ikuforiji as a reminder. See one side of the coin, and you've seen the other.

Buffoon.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by asha80(m): 7:50am On Oct 10, 2011
ak47man

those kidnappers are not from southwest
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Akanbiedu(m): 7:54am On Oct 10, 2011
Beaf,
Don't you think I sound more like you?
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Beaf: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Beaf,
Don't you think I sound more like you?

Dream.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by islamrules(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2011
Nigerian police are liars. These guys are not kidnappers, they are into something greater.

Nawa for Nigerians!
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Beaf: 9:03am On Oct 10, 2011
islamrules:

Nigerian police are liars. These guys are not kidnappers, they are into something greater.

Nawa for Nigerians!

This is exactly what I'm saying. In these times of boko haram, those men need to be thoroughly quizzed until the whole truth pops out.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by KIDIKENYI: 9:05am On Oct 10, 2011
A big congratulations to our Nigeria Police, A you sure of declaring all the items recovered?
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 10, 2011
All this is Mend's legacy

Brought the kidnapping and bombing trend.
Ain't surprised at the weapons, surely soon will see shoulder SAMS up there in the North.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by mrofficial(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2011
Eko o gba gbere. What were they doing with all of that? shocked
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by member479760: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2011
Baba Kazeemu rest in peace! OPC no go fi stop this one with their juju.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by snthesis(m): 10:12am On Oct 10, 2011
better welfare for the average Nigerian policeman and we would see remarkedly improved changes. despite the frustrations of their everyday lives they could still pull of such a feat.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by babaowo: 10:16am On Oct 10, 2011
if things continue lik this? How naija go be for 10yrs time Am sorry sorry ooo! Sorry 4 nigeria! Sorry sorry ooo! Sorry 4 africans,  Femi kuti.
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by born2boink(m): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2011
I saw an eye saw in the weapon, I fear fear by force, even if someone have to face devil, you will not need such weapons cause they are too much
Re: Rocket Launchers Recovered From Kidnappers In Lagos by Otunbakay(m): 11:10am On Oct 10, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Beaf,
Beaf, u seems not to have an answer to the question. Ah! U 'd better engage ur STOOGES BRAIN and come up with ur usual or else LABOUR MARKET may just be beckoning. Bros! No offence o; just my 2cent.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: An Agenda Against The North, Hausa/fulani And Islam By Aminu Sarki / Three People Murdered In Ebubu, Eleme, River State Today / "Am Afraid Tinubu Might Not Deliver South West,”buhari Tells Aides After Ogun,la

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.