Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? (3702 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by lorna2011(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2011
I follow wakanow on Facebook and about a week ago , they had this advertisement on a travel package to watch your favorite team play live in u.k. The package includes match ticket + hotel+ flight + ground transportation from hotel to match venue. The package includes no visa, which in reality, wakanow doesn't process (only the British embassy does that)
I am interested in the package, but I don't know what my chances are of getting the u.k visa. I intend to stay a maximum of 10 days and probably see a max of 2 premiership matches.
The reason I said I don't know what my chances are cos of the following.
1. Presently not employed. In year 2008/2009 , I was an active trader in the Nigerian stock market, but having lost about 80% of my funds, I pulled out the remaining 20%. Also was passively involved in some forex trades but also lost out in that.
Practically all the jobs (self -employed) have been tax-free ie stock/forex trading
So I have no employment letter, nor tax clearance certificate to provide.

2. I'm not married, so I have no marriage certificate to provide.

3. I can fund my trip though and my bank statement is over a million. 
I don't need any illegal documents, like fake employment papers, fake marriage certificate etc. I just need honest and truthful responses on what my chances are or any other positive suggestions.

Please no one should post any contact details here, any suggestion should be here for all to see, thanks.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by DisGuy: 11:49am On Oct 10, 2011
Apart from your saving do you have active business bringing in money regularly?
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by OmoTier1(m): 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2011
I would advice you not to waste your money as you are most likely to be refused Visas.

The ECO will find it difficult to be convinced that you will spend nearly £3000 just to go watch a football match and He would refuse you under balance of probability as usual.

If wakanow was organizing this as part of a holiday package with an itenary of a premiership match then I would say you chances of getting a visitors visas will be very high. But as it stands, it seems they expect you to get the visas yourself after which they will help you with the package of watching a premiership game. Really daft move I must say.

Best bet go apply for a visiting tourist visas,and lookout for local holiday agents in the UK who can help sortout a premiership match for you but I must warn it wouldn't come cheap! You can also get tickets yourself on the day of match for some games depends on which club and who they are playing on that day.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by Vicjustice: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2011
lorna2011:

I follow wakanow on Facebook and about a week ago , they had this advertisement on a travel package to watch your favorite team play live in u.k. The package includes match ticket + hotel+ flight + ground transportation from hotel to match venue. The package includes no visa, which in reality, wakanow doesn't process (only the British embassy does that)
I am interested in the package, but I don't know what my chances are of getting the u.k visa. I intend to stay a maximum of 10 days and probably see a max of 2 premiership matches.
The reason I said I don't know what my chances are cos of the following.
1. Presently not employed. In year 2008/2009 , I was an active trader in the Nigerian stock market, but having lost about 80% of my funds, I pulled out the remaining 20%. Also was passively involved in some forex trades but also lost out in that.
Practically all the jobs (self -employed) have been tax-free ie stock/forex trading
So I have no employment letter, nor tax clearance certificate to provide.

2. I'm not married, so I have no marriage certificate to provide.

3. I can fund my trip though and my bank statement is over a million. 
I don't need any illegal documents, like fake employment papers, fake marriage certificate etc. I just need honest and truthful responses on what my chances are or any other positive suggestions.

Please no one should post any contact details here, any suggestion should be here for all to see, thanks.
   Given the possibility of a special miracle, your chance could be up to 5%
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by llbhuds: 10:55pm On Oct 11, 2011
Vicjustice:

Given the possibility of a special miracle, your chance could be up to 5%
hahhaahahahahahahahaha u no go kill me with laf. Nigerians I hail una, we are just trying any possible means to leave naija. Well I dont know about any visa application to see a premiership match but I know of a visa application to go and mark wenger's birthday.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by lorna2011(m): 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

I would advice you not to waste your money as you are most likely to be refused Visas.

The ECO will find it difficult to be convinced that you will spend nearly £3000 just to go watch a football match and He would refuse you under balance of probability as usual.

If wakanow was organizing this as part of a holiday package with an itenary of a premiership match then I would say you chances of getting a visitors visas will be very high. But as it stands, it seems they expect you to get the visas yourself after which they will help you with the package of watching a premiership game. Really daft move I must say.

Best bet go apply for a visiting tourist visas,and lookout for local holiday agents in the UK who can help sortout a premiership match for you but I must warn it wouldn't come cheap! You can also get tickets yourself on the day of match for some games depends on which club and who they are playing on that day.
Thanks for your response.
Actually total fees inclined match tickets , flight tickets, hotel fees and ground transportation is not 3000 pounds but abt 1150 pounds . http://www.icontact-archive.com/Q_NAMWlQt7afY1m2c8xOy6776cVM0Xka?w=2
But I was thinking if I could pay for the package and send the original or photocopies of the match ticket, flight ticket and hotel confirmation as part of my visa application and if refused collect a refund from wakanow.

Can u please explain the bolded part? Cos wouldn't applying for a visiting tourist visas still be fruitless?
llbhuds:

hahhaahahahahahahahaha u no go kill me with laf. Nigerians I hail una, we are just trying any possible means to leave naija. Well I dont know about any visa application to see a premiership match but I know of a visa application to go and mark wenger's birthday.
Please learn to use your brain to think.
If I was looking for any means to travel, wouldn't I be looking for fake documents, or fake tax clearance to increase my chances? I clearly stated here what my intentions were and specifically stated I needed no dishonest arrangement like fake documents or someone putting up a contact details here claiming he has an imaginary contact in the embassy.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by Scooby1(m): 9:00pm On Oct 16, 2011
ol boy try next year, the olympics 2012 is comng up! cool
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by llbhuds: 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2011
lorna2011:

Thanks for your response.
Please learn to use your brain to think.
If I was looking for any means to travel, wouldn't I be looking for fake documents, or fake tax clearance to increase my chances? I clearly stated here what my intentions were and specifically stated I needed no dishonest arrangement like fake documents or someone putting up a contact details here claiming he has an imaginary contact in the embassy.

lol, stop hiding behind a finger my friend, visa to watch Premiership Games and you are saying you ain't desperate of traveling to d UK, as multichoice stopped operating in Nigeria? the cheapest ticket for a Premiership game is enough to subscribe for DSTV for maybe 2months and i have not mention the flight ticket ooo, so who are you trying to fool here? assuming you can enter d UK freely, will you spend like 400k naira just to see a Premiership match?
go sit down jare lair like you
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by lorna2011(m): 1:48pm On Oct 18, 2011
Anyone has experience on this?

Omo-tier I am still waiting for your response
Thanks
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by justwise(m): 2:44pm On Oct 18, 2011
lorna2011:

Anyone has experience on this?

Omo-tier I am still waiting for your response
Thanks

Even if you prayed 40days and 40nights the BHC will not issue u a visa to go and watch premier league match in the UK.
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by DisGuy: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2011
Not if he has N40million in his account!! and buying an executive box grin
Re: Has Anyone Ever Applied For A U.k Visa For Premiership Games? by llbhuds: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2011
justwise:

Even if you prayed 40days and 40nights the BHC will not issue u a visa to go and watch premier league match in the UK.

he is not desperate to leave naija so the C O might consider him na
funny fellow
arsene wenger BD is next month so you better apply now to celebrate with him

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Ibadan From Lagos. / Official Cars Of Notable Monarchs Across The World (pics) / Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.