Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? (1341 Views)

Throwback Photos From The Burial Of Aguiyi Ironsi In 1966 / Victoria Aguiyi-ironsi Celebrates Her 96th Birthday. Dances To Tekno's Song / John Nnanyerem Aguiyi Is Dead: General Aguiyi Ironsi's Son Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by TimiofEde: 3:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
In 1966 a proud yoruba son in the person of Francis Adekunle Fajuyi who was governor of western region was murdered in cold blood along side his principal Gen. Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi-Ironsi who was the head of state at the time.

This brazen murder and affront to the western region was carried out by the fulani junta without regards for the yoruba people, they brazenly murdered a high ranking yoruba son on yoruba soil and instead of we the yorubas to take action and do something about the disrespect to us as a people, we instead colluded with the fulanis out of fear to spin the narrative that Fajuyi sacrificed himself for Ironsi as if it changes the fact that our son was murdered on our soil without regards for us as a people.

We even helped the fulanis to tag the coup an Igbo coup and threw our weight behind our fulani overlords.

This lie of Fajuyi willingly sacrificing himself has gone on for too long and should be addressed because when a lie is allowed to fester for so long it begins to look like the truth.

Are we Yorubas truly cowards and scared of fulanis? Why didn't we retaliate after the fulanis murdered our illustrious son?

I'd like the good members of this forum to throw more light on this topic.

Cc

Helinues
Afamed
Omenka

Yarimo

Are we Yorubas truly cowards? Why didn't we retaliate?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by duro4chang(m): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
You registered today and everything you are concerned about is Yoruba / Fulani , Yoruba/ibo. You are not Yoruba but a mischievous person

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by 001Lagos: 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2023
Wahala

So this Fulani people humiliating the yorubas didn't even start today

The Fulani people sees the Yoruba as weaklings that they can trample upon at will and nothing will happen.

See how the fulani took over Ilorin kwara state that used to be Yoruba state

Smh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by Raskimonojendor: 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2023
"I am a Yoruba, but......"

Omo ibo, take your mask off.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by 001Lagos: 3:41pm On Jul 30, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
I am a Yoruba, but......

the cowardice that we are talking about

No wonder the fulani people see you yorubas as cowards that they can rape anytime at will and get away with it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by Raskimonojendor: 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2023
001Lagos:

No wonder the fulani people see you yorubas as cowards that they can rape anytime at will and get away with it
Well-done. TimiofEde aka PrinceofLagos,

I am sure your next Monika would be AlakeofAbeokuta grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by 001Lagos: 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Well-done. Timiofede aka PrinceofLagos,

I am sure your next username would be AlakeofAbeokuta grin
Always shifting goal post

Smh

3 Likes

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by CharleyBright(m): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2023
OP, you are a very useless mischievous person.
What is the intent of this post?
You seem more like an Igbo person hiding under Yoruba to post this.
I have an indept knowledge of what transpired during that coup, I only opened to see if you might have a differing or more credible insight on it, but alas, you have added to tangible point other than to try to call for retaliation.
Where your even yet teenagers when that coup happened, let alone even on the verge of bringing you to this world?
What exactly is your point trying to seek for revenge for a distartd event that happened long before you were born.
Okay, since you want revenge and u care so much to call for one, carrying AK-47 and start killing Hausa/Fulani people you see.
By the way, T.Y Danjuma, Buhari and Gowon are some of the living known soldiers that orchestrated the killing. Pls go after them since you seek revenge.
Mor0n.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by ChukwukaEze: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2023
Did fajuyi tell you the circumstances surrounding his death? Why do you blame the fulanis for his death? Amidst the ever rising crises rocking this Nation all you care about is enliving an event as far back as 1966 just to instigate hatred. You want the yorubas to avenge Fajuyi. . . Oda pe Ori e ti baje abi?
Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by illicit(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
Fajuyi wouldn't die if he wanted to save himself

Danjuma gave him a chance

2 Likes

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by TimiofEde: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2023
illicit:
Fajuyi wouldn't die if he wanted to save himself

Danjuma gave him a chance

This is the lamba our hateful yoruba moslem parents told us for decades but that's far from the truth.

We just love to ass lick our fulani masters and insult our Igbo superiors.

1 Like

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by illicit(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2023
TimiofEde:

This is the lamba our hateful yoruba moslem parents told us for decades but that's far from the truth.

We just love to ass lick our fulani masters and insult our Igbo superiors.

Igbo or fulani is not Superior to me

Pls get off my mention

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by Ofunaofu: 10:16am On Aug 13, 2023
001Lagos:

The bolded reminds me of the famous quote below

“If I am sleeping and wake up to hear Yorubas beating drums of war, I will go back to sleep" -IBB

2 Likes

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by DeepThroater: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2023
Ironsi was in the capital of western Nigeria under the direct protection of Fajuyi.

He stood his ground against the mutinous northern officers not because he cared about that buffoon Ironsi but because he was the military governor of the then Western region and wanted to let the world know he had no hand in Ironsi being killed.

That's honour for you something the 0hus do not understand.

6 Likes

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by GeneralPula: 11:43am On Aug 13, 2023
He actually died because of Ironsi..

Ironsi was with Fajuyi in Ibadan when the counter coup soldiers arrived at Fajuyi’s house..

They actually had a gentle man talk with Fajuyi since it was Ironsi only they wanted to kill. They told him to provide & handle ironsi to them and they’ll leave but Fajuyi disagreed!

He said he won’t let them... Except they want to use force, they won't have access to Ironsi.

But the counter coup plotters were so determined that Ironsi must die since other 2 premiers have been killed by the first coup plotters. ( Northern & western premier ). They had no other choice than to kill Fajuyi! They killed both of them same day!

In a society with good sportsmanship, what Fajuyi did was very good & commendable! But then, I once asked myself... If tables were turned, would Ironsi have done the same?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by GeneralPula: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2023
DeepThroater:
Ironsi was in the capital of western Nigeria under the direct protection of Fajuyi.

He stood his ground against the mutinous northern officers not because he cared about that buffoon Ironsi but because he was the military governor of the then Western region and wanted to let the world know he had no hand in Ironsi being killed.

You’re twisting story. Ironsi came to hide under Fajuyi because of the good relationship they had! Ironsi knows with Fajuyi, he won’t get betrayed. He was kept at Fajuyi permanent residence!

If Fajuyi did not care about Ironsi;

They wouldn’t kill him as Ironsi was the only thing they wanted to kill!

You said he was under Fajuyi for protection? Then there was no reason to let him stay at Fajuyi personal house. Highest they would have done is to put him in a safe house with securities! But Fajuyi didn’t do all of these!

Nothing can change the truth regardless of how you tried to twist it..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by T9ksy(m): 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
GeneralPula:

In a society with good sportsmanship, what Fajuyi did was very good & commendable! But then, I once asked myself... If tables were turned, would Ironsi have done the same?

Hell NO!!!

In fact, Ibos have always been anti- yoruba right from the time of the Amalgamation of the North and Southern Nigeria. However, they were the first to start shouting from the mountain tops about how yorubas betrayed them even when everyone knows that, they were the ones always betraying yorubas...

They are quick to call us tribalists simply because we didn't allow their slimy leader to laud it over us in our region. Even with the benefit of hindsight of what transpired in the 1st republic where they, as a result of their servitude to the fulanis, one of their kind was made Federal Minister for education, ibos VCed all the universities in our region! They still call us tribalists to this day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by GeneralPula: 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2023
T9ksy:

Hell NO!!!

In fact, Ibos have always been anti- yoruba right from the time of the Amalgamation of the North and Southern Nigeria. However, they were the first to start shouting from the mountain tops about how yorubas betrayed them even when everyone knows that, they were the ones always betraying yorubas...

They are quick to call us tribalists simply because we didn't allow their slimy leader to laud it over us in our region. Even with the benefit of hindsight of what transpired in the 1st republic where they, as a result of their servitude to the fulanis, one of their kind was made Federal Minister for education, ibos VCed all the universities in our region! They still call us tribalists to this day.
Right..

Back then, if 100 students got admission into UI, 85 would be Igbos. The rest Nigerians would share the remaining 15. This was what made Akintola voiced out then..

There was a time when;
Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence staff was fron SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
University of Ibadan VC from SE

Igbos introduced nepotism into Nigeria. I always laugh when I see them criticizing Buhari!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by T9ksy(m): 2:16pm On Aug 13, 2023
GeneralPula:

Right..

Back then, if 100 students got admission into UI, 85 would be Igbos. The rest Nigerians would share the remaining 15. This was what made Akintola voiced out then..

There was a time when;
IG of Police was from SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE

Igbos introduced nepotism into Nigeria. I always laugh when I see them criticizing Buhari!

Of course, that was why they had to kill Akintola who they claimed was morally bankrupt! Meanwhile, Major Donatus Okafor, one of three major planners (the other two were Maj. Ifeajunna & Capt. Oji) of the Jan. 15th coup was a common thief implicated in the stealing of the army raffle funds under his watch and was only saved by his Brigade leader, Brig. Maimalari.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by Officialmrt: 2:21pm On Aug 13, 2023
TimiofEde:
In 1966 a proud yoruba son in the person of Francis Adekunle Fajuyi who was governor of western region was murdered in cold blood along side his principal Gen. Johnson Thomas Umunnakwe Aguiyi-Ironsi who was the head of state at the time.

This brazen murder and affront to the western region was carried out by the fulani junta without regards for the yoruba people, they brazenly murdered a high ranking yoruba son on yoruba soil and instead of we the yorubas to take action and do something about the disrespect to us as a people, we instead colluded with the fulanis out of fear to spin the narrative that Fajuyi sacrificed himself for Ironsi as if it changes the fact that our son was murdered on our soil without regards for us as a people.

We even helped the fulanis to tag the coup an Igbo coup and threw our weight behind our fulani overlords.

This lie of Fajuyi willingly sacrificing himself has gone on for too long and should be addressed because when a lie is allowed to fester for so long it begins to look like the truth.

Are we Yorubas truly cowards and scared of fulanis? Why didn't we retaliate after the fulanis murdered our illustrious son?

I'd like the good members of this forum to throw more light on this topic.

Cc

Helinues
Afamed
Omenka

Yarimo

Are we Yorubas truly cowards? Why didn't we retaliate?
So what lesson did your so called story taught us now?
Misplaced priority
Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by orisa37: 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2023
GO TO SCHOOL AND READ NIGERIA HISTORY.
Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by yommen: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
"I am a Yoruba, but......"

They will always be betrayers. The OP is Igbo faking Yoruba identity to twist history in favour of Igbos. Awolowo once looked forward to Azikiwe for cooperation and they both agreed to meet at a particular Asaba at a particular time. While Awolowo got to the place as agreed, Azikiwe decided to keep Awolowo waiting while going ahead to form a pact with the North even though the North eventually made him irrelevant.

Now, they want to discredit Fajuyi who was loyal to their own son even to the point of death.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by raskymonojendor: 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
yommen:

They will always be betrayers. The OP is Igbo faking Yoruba identity to twist history in favour of Igbos. Awolowo once looked forward to Azikiwe for cooperation and they both agreed to meet at a particular Asaba at a particular time. While Awolowo got to the place as agreed, Azikiwe decided to keep Awolowo waiting while going ahead to form a pact with the North even though the North eventually made him irrelevant.

Now, they want to discredit Fajuyi who was loyal to their own son even to the point of death.

Don't mind the OP. He should go and ask General Danjuma how the event transpired. Gen Danjuma is still alive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by yommen: 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2023
DeepThroater:

Ironsi ran to him and he gave him the necessary protection. He wouldn't allow the northern soldiers kill ironsi untill he himself was killed. A Yoruba man gave up his life for an Ibo man. That's loyalty. Now you are trying to twist the story. You are such an ingrate you know!!!

When I am discussing politics with elderly Yorubas in my office, I would normally speak in favour of Igbos/Peter Obi. My elderly colleagues would often exclaim 'Igbo' showing disgust. It is on Nairaland I later got to understand the reasons why my elderly colleagues don't approve of Ibos. They are not ones to be relied upon at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by TimiofEde: 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
Officialmrt:

So what lesson did your so called story taught us now?
Misplaced priority

Why don't you write in ede yoruba and stop embarrassing yourself with cut and join grammar while trying to punch above your weight.

Well, the lesson my story will teach you is that we the yoruba moslems are effeminate cowards and we should hide our face in shame.
Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by egbetokuns(m): 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2023
yommen:

Ironsi ran to him and he gave him the necessary protection. He wouldn't allow the northern soldiers kill ironsi untill he himself was killed. A Yoruba man gave up his life for an Ibo man. That's loyalty. Now you are trying to twist the story. You are such an ingrate you know!!!

When I am discussing politics with elderly Yorubas in my office, I would normally speak in favour of Igbos/Peter Obi. My elderly colleagues would often exclaim 'Igbo' showing disgust. It is on Nairaland I later got to understand the reasons why my elderly colleagues don't approve of Ibos. They are not ones to be relied upon at all.

Well You will know more about them here. They don’t appreciate any privilege at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by rinzaugustine: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
An Hausa Fulani man that was part of the coup said fajuyi didn’t try to protect Ironsi that they shot him dead because he tried to jump fence and escape and then they arrested ironsi and took him away. The interview was few weeks after Tinubu swearing in and it made front page he on Nairaland. I will search for the man’s by only God knows the truth about what happened that day in 1966

2 Likes

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by ganisucks(f): 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
It's propaganda. Both were executed for treason. But the cabal felt a sweet story was needed to reduce the shock.

2 Likes

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by Chithauri(m): 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
GeneralPula:

Right..

There was a time when;
IG of Police was from SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE

I like what they are doing to Yoruba. Let them keep humiliating us until we get sense see as we dey break dance for their pikin obi even against tinubu our own. Now obi lost and they turn around and abuse Yoruba like scapegoat for obi loss. What they can't try with hausa,because na we love Nigeria pass. Is the insult not too much from these bas****ds

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by Rolings: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2023
GeneralPula:

There was a time when;
IG of Police was from SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE

Even with all these....they were still not satisfied....they seek TOTAL DOMINATION and went ahead to commission their young lads in the military to carry out a putsch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Fajuyi Actually Sacrifice His Life For Aguiyi-ironsi Or Is It Propaganda? by Officialmrt: 6:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
TimiofEde:

Why don't you write in ede yoruba and stop embarrassing yourself with cut and join grammar while trying to punch above your weight.

Well, the lesson my story will teach you is that we the yoruba moslems are effeminate cowards and we should hide our face in shame.
Well that's your own cup of tea as am not a Muslim and am proudly yoruba...ijebu

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger coup: Deposed leader, Bassoum won free and fair election / Why Is AU, US, UK, ECOWAS Not Worried About The Just Concluded Gabon Election? / I Would Still Vote For Tinubu In The Next Presidential Election. Give Reasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.