Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public (14580 Views)

Nigerians Are Free To Video, Take Photos Of Police Officers On Duty, Says PPRO / Channels TV Presenters Leave NBC Meeting As DSS Denies Reports Of Arrests / Garba Shehu: Buhari’s Children Have Right To Use Presidential Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Sonnobax15(m): 8:46am On Jul 31, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Upright2020: 8:50am On Jul 31, 2023
Nigeria need to make a law that mandate any institute that is slam with damages or compensation from court case, the benefiary should approach CBN or govt create a new agency for that purpose that will pay this money.

The CBN or the agency who would have access to the fund of all this institution will just deduct their money and pay the benefiary direct.

By doing this, police harrasment will stop, military brutality will stop, and lots of things change with all this institution,

This will encourage people to sue all this institution and by the type they pay huge amount of money as a compensation to different cases, they will sit up

1 Like

Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by matrixme(m): 8:50am On Jul 31, 2023
Actually, if not that the citizens are not as learned as this poster below who decided to spam the thread with nonsense comment, the two individuals should counter sir the police for infringement of their fundamental human rights.
UHLmoving:
Disqualify tinubu
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by inoki247: 8:52am On Jul 31, 2023
DesChyko:

Nonsense really.

These APC minions are something else. If you are unhappy the police lost the case for illegal arrests and bribery, just say so plainly.

Every citizen should be happy when rights are protected. It's supposed to be a democracy.

You people and always bringing party to every thing be like you people no dey reason pass party du Nigeria Police know the meaning of constitution if life don tire u go wyn fustrated Police he no concern me....

I remember the Judgement against VIO then till today same people are out there harrasing people for that same document....

Dead man tell no tales go dey explain court case for Police wey dey fustrated u go explain the rest for heaven...
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by crossfm: 9:03am On Jul 31, 2023
Triangles1:

The poor respect court and they're more vulnerable in Nigeria, but for me I don't need to follow anybody to court I settle the scores on SELENSE

Hehehe,selense?.
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by uuzba(m): 9:06am On Jul 31, 2023
maticar:
This is not even debatable under normal circumstances

If not for a dysfunctional system....
I saw this poll on YouTube.
The comments under are very good too as unlike in this site, many foreign people are also commenting. Including where they also contributed to the dysfunctional systems we have.

Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by StudyCrestLtd: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Saint99: 9:09am On Jul 31, 2023
They better put a stop to this nonsense. One time I was travelling, I decided to take few shots of Murtala Mohammed International Airport. That was how one overzealous police officer approached me, started interrogating me to know why I was taken the photograph. Initially, it was strange and funny that I was in trouble for taken photos. At the end, few pieces of silver quenched it.
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Bluffly: 9:11am On Jul 31, 2023
The problem here is that most of the law enforcement personnels are primitive in nature
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Goodman2023: 9:15am On Jul 31, 2023
Nigerian police us a joke... Did I see unregistered photographer there ... comedians in uniform
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by DesChyko: 9:17am On Jul 31, 2023
inoki247:
... You people and always bringing party to every thing be like you people no dey reason pass party..

Bold claims from an APC supporter 😴
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by inoki247: 9:19am On Jul 31, 2023
DesChyko:

Bold claims from an APC supporter 😴

When you encounter police problem go mention the party you support like under who you supported Police didn't kill people and dumped dem in the river....

So continue to display ur cluelessness....
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Calitoscassius(m): 9:46am On Jul 31, 2023
Naigerians do not even believe their courts decisions and Naigerian politicians do not obey courts orders, the whole zoo is lawless. grin

Some times i wonder why they need courts or judges. No one respects their judgements because they are all a corrupt bunch.
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by maticar: 10:07am On Jul 31, 2023
uuzba:

I saw this pole on YouTube.
The comments under are very good too as unlike in this site, many foreign people are also commenting. Including where they also contributed to the dysfunctional systems we have.
In Africa, governance and corruption are bed fellows.

Again, the leaders who govern are mostly from the grassroots
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Originalsly: 10:21am On Jul 31, 2023
inoki247:

Lol Court go help person chop slap or help person dust derr bullet...

If u wan record dem du m with sense mak dem no come re arrange person journey....

With this mindset nothing will change. There is now money to be
made through the court for being charged with the same offences .... just need to see for millions.
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by inoki247: 10:25am On Jul 31, 2023
Originalsly:

With this mindset nothing will change. There is now money to be
made through the court for being charged with the same offences .... just need to see for millions.

Read my last statement you do it with sense Nigeria Police lack rules of engagement dead man no dey tell story ...

They can use dere frustration gun u down nd u won't be able to claim that million you're talking about du am with sense if u no wan land ur sef for grave u no go return....

Just try record dem without dem knowing for ur own safety....
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Chetas81(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2023
inoki247:
Lol Court go help person chop slap or help person dust derr bullet...

If u wan record dem du m with sense mak dem no come re arrange person journey....
the Nigeria zombie called police with dirty uniforms
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Originalsly: 10:55am On Jul 31, 2023
inoki247:

Just try record dem without dem knowing for ur own safety....

I hear you. But how can they charge you for recording without seeing you? No doubt... one shouldn't be trying this at a checkpoint in the middle of nowhere. The more civilians take their cases to court the more the Police will he reigned in. See the fallout from this one case?... whoever is in charge of the Police that allowed the charges ... his competence and qualifications are now under the spotlight...and those of his peers.

1 Like

Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by olisaEze(m): 11:46am On Jul 31, 2023
The preservation of law & order in any country is a duty that belongs to its police force. Our policemen don’t even know the laws they’re supposed to preserve. What kind of dull DPO is in charge of that station sef! grin
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Demore1848: 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nigerian Police no get joy at all

Wetin be "Unregistered Photographer" and Unlicensed Journalist"

Everybody just dey para
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Naeem7100(m): 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Court Rules Residents Have Right To Video, Take Pictures Of Arrests In Public by Coolgent(m): 8:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
One needs to be careful doing such. Our military men and devil are opposite side of same coin. They can kill for nothing
If you are poor you can't even answer phone call while passing police/militarycheck point

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger / The President Is Sick, So What? By Olalekan Adigun / Kassim Afegbua Writes DSS, Queries Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.