Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up (584 Views)

The NAF Plane Landed In Kaduna Before Crashing & Going Up In Flames / Food Prices Are Coming Down — Garba Shehu / The 7 States President Buhari Gave Two Ministerial Slots And The Reasons Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by malcom1X: 7:36am On Aug 01, 2023
I went to Benue last week, I noticed that women who were transferring foodstuffs out of the state were held up by policemen on road blocks. Demanding money from these women.
I want to know the reason for this.

Do these policemen not know that prices are going up in this country?

Why do you want to tax them again.

Hunger dey the country and you no want make find comot for food basket of the country.

This is so sad.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by Ozommadu: 7:39am On Aug 01, 2023
Grab it, snatch it and run away with it grin...police is your friend.

They learned from balablu

4 Likes

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by malcom1X: 7:40am On Aug 01, 2023
Ozommadu:

I no understand those policemen at all
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by Akaegwu(m): 7:41am On Aug 01, 2023
Police is your friend. Stop questioning our lucrative business.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:42am On Aug 01, 2023
malcom1X:
I went to Benue last week, I noticed that women who were transferring foodstuffs out of the state were held up by policemen on road blocks. Demanding money from these women.

Hunger dey the country and you no want make find comot for food basket of the country.

This is so sad.
yes they are one of the people causing inflation

They are behaving as if we are in military regime
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by Xammie001(m): 7:49am On Aug 01, 2023
Ozommadu:

till you are jailed for this statement you won't know what false allegation mean
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by PapaNnamdi: 7:49am On Aug 01, 2023
The government has turned a blind eye to police extortion because they are the spinal cord behind it,

The way they confidently ask for money on road blocks you just know it's a monthly target thing
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by Streetdoctor: 7:50am On Aug 01, 2023
Xammie001:

till you are jailed for this statement you won't know what false allegation mean

1 Like

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by phorget(m): 7:52am On Aug 01, 2023
Xammie001:

What is false about the allegation?
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by Xammie001(m): 7:54am On Aug 01, 2023
phorget:

What is false about the allegation?
people like you always learn the hard way, no worry make we finish for tribunal first,una go find tears una no go see
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by shox(m): 8:03am On Aug 01, 2023
Xammie001:

go and jail him.

Mr jailer
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by phorget(m): 8:07am On Aug 01, 2023
Xammie001:

people like you always learn the hard way, no worry make we finish for tribunal first,una go find tears una no go see

Lol... so una dey fear tribunal.
Balablue disciple.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by MrsTwrite(f): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2023
That's very bad, some of these women are the ones feeding thier homes, (bread winners) some are widows.🥲
It's not fair.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by CodeTemplar: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2023
That's after escaping bandits, disease, insects, storage loss, and more o.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by Ozommadu: 8:48am On Aug 01, 2023
Xammie001:

Be like say you dey ment??
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by jmoore(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2023
malcom1X:

This is so sad.
Don't call it tax. Call it armed robbery. Nigerian police is the no 1 criminals in this country.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by malcom1X: 8:53am On Aug 01, 2023
Those women will want to increase prices after paying to release those goods.

I know there are security crises in Benue state but what are the police looking for inside food crops?
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by jumper524(m): 9:01am On Aug 01, 2023
malcom1X:

This is so sad.
the police system from benue down south is nothing to write home about. I don't know if we live in two seperate countries but that's not the situation up north.
State govt should be held responsible for this immature behaviour from their police which is no longer an hidden secret as they do it publicly.

1 Like

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by NaMe4: 9:20am On Aug 01, 2023
jumper524:
the police system from benue down south is nothing to write home about. I don't know if we live in two seperate countries but that's not the situation up north.
State govt should be held responsible for this immature behaviour from their police which is no longer an hidden secret as they do it publicly.

I stated this multiple times on this forum.
Since I came to the South, I observed police harassment and unecessary check points to extort road users seems to be the order of the day.

Just drive what may be perceived to be an 'expensive car' and watch the reaction and behaviour of many of them.

Such is not tolerated in the North, that's why the incidence is low.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by maestro299: 9:43am On Aug 01, 2023
Xammie001:

What did he/she say there that could lead him/her to jail?

1 Like

Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by malcom1X: 7:37am On Aug 02, 2023
jumper524:

Thanks for this.
Re: One Of The Reasons Why Prices Are Going Up by malcom1X: 11:51am On Jan 10
Nice

(1) (Reply)

Ecuadorian Presidential Candidate Has Been Assassinated / BREAKING: Bayelsa Youths Harass Journalists, Brutalise TVC Cameraman / According To The Obidient, Tinubu Is A CIA Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.