Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,915 members, 7,810,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Help With Diy Solar Installation - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Help With Diy Solar Installation (2448 Views)

I Need Advice On Solar Installation For My Home Office / Solar Installation For Your Home And Business / How To Make A Burning Laser Pointer Out Of Household Items (DIY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Diy Solar Installation by afotrick(m): 7:59am On Aug 01, 2023
So I have a 2.8 battery backup by luminous installed by a professional installer. I currently want to upgrade it to also charge with solar but I would like to do it diy. I have been doing a lot of research about it but I will like to peer review my math and numbers so I don’t damage my appliances.

So I have a charge controller rated for 30amp pmw from an earlier time.
It’s connected to a 150 watt solar panel 12 volts.

The current inverter is a 2.8kva inverter with 2 batteries. Which makes a 24v system.

Now I plan to order 2 more panels

1 200watt 12v panel
1 300 watt 24v panel

My plan is to connect the existing 12v 150watt panel to the new 12v 200 watt panel in series to make a 24v

Then connect the 24v in parallel to the 300 watt 24v panel.

This should give an output of around 28amps and 24 v
Which is about 650watt in total

The charge controller has a max of 780 watt for 24v

Is there an issue with this setup or am I making any mistake.
Is there any other device I need?
I know I need a surge protector and a DC breaker but not sure where to get those yet. Please house I need your help.
Re: Help With Diy Solar Installation by afotrick(m): 8:04am On Aug 01, 2023
The solar charge controller

Re: Help With Diy Solar Installation by dacool1(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2023
This your story no clear

A 12v solar array can't charge 24v battery
Re: Help With Diy Solar Installation by Monatyk(m): 12:12am On Aug 05, 2023
Solar energy has emerged as a major source of renewable energy in the modern world, contributing significantly to a sustainable energy future. The appropriate type and model must be chosen, though, in order to get the most out of solar panels. Here, companies like https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/posts/1974043665/printfriendly are of great aid, giving knowledgeable guidance and assistance in selecting the best solar panels to meet your unique demands and guarantee the maximum efficiency and lifetime.

(1) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About Wismec Reuleaux RX 200 / USA Used Dell Vostro (320gb/4gb, Corei3) UPDATED / 12 Insane Road Intersections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.