Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place (528 Views)

Coup D'etat Or Mutiny In Burkina Faso: Reports Of Gunfire, State TV Go Off Air / Coup D'etat Or Mutiny In Burkina Faso: Heavy Gunfire At Several Military Camps / Myanmar Coup D'etat: Full Text Of army Statement On State Of Emergency (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Towncrier007(m): 8:10am On Aug 01, 2023
Ok here's my own personal opinion oh note!!
It begins with ex generals that aren't ok with the current civilian regime,so they gang up together with a few top current Army general,and then they begin influencing loyal generals, immediately it's agreed on then they move straight to the presidential villa with all loyal military already in the presidential villa,so no resistance will be made,this will force the president to hangover office to the military...

Now coup d'etat starts gradually and if any government suspects one,they immediately retire army generals.

The government creates spies in the army,and create spies that are spies to that spies and it goes on and on,so this regularly gives the government swift update on intended coup d'etat.

Another style the government uses is secret assassinations of top military generals, sometimes you hear some top generals were killed in a plane crash etc,all these are coded assassination moves by the government.

Let's not pray for a coup d'etat, because we might not have this internet again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by HitlerWasRight: 8:13am On Aug 01, 2023
All you need to know about the latest wave of coups in Africa.

1. First get a CIA covet base in your country.

2. Get couped!.

1 Share

Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Academicwizman(m): 8:38am On Aug 01, 2023
Looking at this 2 maps, it appears that the goal of the coup in Niger are to achieve 2 major interconnected goals.

1. Blockade Nigeria
Recall that Nigeria is trying to open a trade route through the North Africa (planned pipeline to Europe through Morocco). Check the preelection townhall meeting of Tinubu with the Northern elites). Niger has to be Nigeria's ally for that to work. That's the only route available before this coup. The blockade seems to serve both Russia as well as the United States'interest but to the detriment of France. Could US and Russia be working together codedly or it is just a coincidence?

2. To cut Nigeria's rising economic and political influence in Africa. The subsidy removal and the liberalisation of the foreign exchange regime are masterstrokes (although very painful now) and the harmony between the legislature and the executive arms of government can propel Nigeria to greatness. Supplying crude to Europe via the North Africa will greatly increase Nigeria's influence in Africa beyond it's traditional west Africa. This is a direct threat to the interest of the real Western powers. Hence, Nigeria must be stopped. The coup leaders will never work with Nigeria, so the pipeline project appears to have been checkmated with the coup. You see a coup, what I really see is a blockade of Nigeria to exploit alternative route from it's traditional coastal route (prone to sophisticated pirate attack).
Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Academicwizman(m): 8:41am On Aug 01, 2023
With this, do you still think that Nigeria should not intervene?

Besides, those countries can be a breeding ground for terrorists that may continually torment Nigeria.
Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Westerhoffe(m): 8:45am On Aug 01, 2023
Nigeria has enough problems. So they should just keep off Niger's problem.
Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Academicwizman(m): 8:47am On Aug 01, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Nigeria has enough problems. So they should just keep off Niger's problem.

You are right. However, you have to anticipate a problem and try to nip it in the bud when you can still do that instead of allowing it to fester and become cancerous. The fact that you leave your enemies alone does not mean that they will leave you alone. Don't you think so?
Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Westerhoffe(m): 8:51am On Aug 01, 2023
Academicwizman:

You are right. However, you have to anticipate a problem and try to nip it in the bud when you can still do that instead of allowing it to fester and become cancerous. The fact that you leave your enemies alone does not mean that they will leave you alone. Don't you think so?

I don't see a coup happening in Nigeria.
If it will, it should have happened during the second tenure of the immediate past 'regime.'

2 Likes

Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Academicwizman(m): 8:54am On Aug 01, 2023
Westerhoffe:

I don't see a coup happening in Nigeria.
If it will, it should have happened during the second tenure of the immediate past 'regime.'

I agree with you. I don't see coup too but something more dangerous for Nigeria than a mere coup. In fact, coup may be better that what is to come if Nigeria doesn't intervene the right way.
Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Papiyardi007: 8:55am On Aug 01, 2023
I personally think, it would be a good move for the Nigerian Army to invade Niger, we are already facing so much terror from Niger, the conflict will lead to our northern borders been manned properly.

Towncrier007:
Ok here's my own personal opinion oh note!!
It begins with ex generals that aren't ok with the current civilian regime,so they gang up together with a few top current Army general,and then they begin influencing loyal generals, immediately it's agreed on then they move straight to the presidential villa with all loyal military already in the presidential villa,so no resistance will be made,this will force the president to hangover office to the military...

Now coup d'etat starts gradually and if any government suspects one,they immediately retire army generals.

The government creates spies in the army,and create spies that are spies to that spies and it goes on and on,so this regularly gives the government swift update on intended coup d'etat.

Another style the government uses is secret assassinations of top military generals, sometimes you hear some top generals were killed in a plane crash etc,all these are coded assassination moves by the government.

Let's not pray for a coup d'etat, because we might not have this internet again.
Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Westerhoffe(m): 9:00am On Aug 01, 2023
Academicwizman:

I agree with you. I don't see coup too but something more dangerous for Nigeria than a mere coup. In fact, coup may be better that what is to come if Nigeria doesn't intervene the right way.

Nigeriens are happy the government was toppled. That alone speaks volume.
The people of Niger are not speaking against the coup because they are tired of something. They needed a change the government is not seeing to. So what does Nigeria have to do about that?

If the people are already tired of how they were being governed, don't you think the whole Nigeriens will join the battle? That will be a serious issue for both Nigeria and ECOWAS.

The only solution to this is deplomacy/dialogue and not war. So ECOWAS/Nigeria should not start what will be largely regretted later.
Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Academicwizman(m): 9:07am On Aug 01, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Nigeriens are happy the government was toppled. That alone speaks volume.
The people of Niger are not speaking against the coup because they are tired of something. They needed a change the government is not seeing to. So what does Nigeria have to do about that?

If the people are already tired of how they were being governed, don't you think the whole Nigeriens will join the battle? That will be a serious issue for both Nigeria and ECOWAS.

The only solution to this is deplomacy/dialogue and not war. So ECOWAS/Nigeria should not start what will be largely regretted later.

You are absolutely correct. I observed that too. However, I am above 40 and have witnessed at least one military coups in Nigeria. People are always happy immediately after a military coup but the excitements and hopes fade few months after. Besides, the issue is not about the happiness or sadness of the Nigerienes. It's about Nigeria's interest. Does the coup portend any short, medium or long term danger for our economic and political survival? That's the main thing that should determine Nigeria's moves .
Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Westerhoffe(m): 9:20am On Aug 01, 2023
Academicwizman:

You are absolutely correct. I observed that too. However, I am above 40 and have witnessed at least one military coups in Nigeria. People are always happy immediately after a military coup but the excitements and hopes fade few months after. Besides, the issue is not about the happiness or sadness of the Nigerienes. It's about Nigeria's interest. Does the coup portend any short, medium or long term danger for our economic and political survival? That's the main thing that should determine Nigeria's moves .

Nigeria will and has always survived without it's neighbouring countries. In fact, they're a burden to Nigeria in some aspects. So the Nigerien Coup has no impact in any way on Nigeria's economy. But on the political scale, that is why Nigeria and ECOWAS are getting uneasy for fear of such happening to any of them too.

Democracy is not practiced in Africa the way it's meant to be practiced. This is why many Nigerians are tired of the country (to leave other African countries out).
Re: This Is How I Think Coup D'etat Takes Place by Timoleon(m): 2:41pm On Aug 01, 2023
Generals (ex or present) are never involved in coups. They are often beneficiaries of the incumbent regimes. More often than not, the coupists are colonels, lieutenant colonels, majors and the most trusted members of their Respective battalions.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Until Proghozin’s DNA Is Extracted From The Crash Site, I Won’t Believe His Deat / Israel Journalist Ephraim Mordechai Arrested For Reporting Death Of Israel Soldi / Israeli Rights Group Exposes Israeli Soldiers Forcing Palestinian Women To Strip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.