Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Help On My Project: Java - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help On My Project: Java (1306 Views)

Need Help On My Project / Latex Program For My Project Work In Mathematics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help On My Project: Java by lolade123: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2011
Hello fellow NL Java programmers, have been given a final project at school.it a supermarket POS system.Have created the interface and database etc.but am currently having logical problems.
1. I have a Button called NewSale which calls JInternalFrame newsale, while a sale is in the process meaning the internalframe is showing and enabled,in case the user click the NewSales again,it should trigger with JOptionpane "A new Sale is in the process and not completed yet.Click new to start a new sale or resume to return to the present sale", thanks guys, oladipupo
Re: Help On My Project: Java by naijaswag1: 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2011
you can set a counter each time the user clicks the newsale button,then if he clicks it again,that means the jinternalframe is already activated and you handle clicks after counter is > 1 to mean he has not finshed the current sale.when he finshes the current sale,reset the counter to zero to capture the next sale internaljframe

||

if i can visualize what you are saying,while the newsale jinternalframe is enabled,why dont you disable the newsale button when the newsale jinternalframe comes up (so that user will not even have access and place a cancelbutton on the newsale jinternal frame which will enable the user to cancel the current sale.you could do that with optionbar or a popup menu and then enable the newsale button when user has finished the current sale or canceled it unles you want the user to be able to record mutiple sales at the same time.

(1) (Reply)

Better Way Of Writing This Java Code / All PHP Webmasters Please Is This Possible?? / Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.