Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

President Tinubu Mourns Two Supreme Court Justices - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Mourns Two Supreme Court Justices (324 Views)

Tinubu Mourns Military Officers Killed In Helicopter Crash In Niger State / Names Of Supreme Court Justices That Quashed Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction / Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Tinubu Mourns Two Supreme Court Justices by Lutherblaq: 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2023
President Bola Tinubu has condoled to the judicial arm of government over the death of Justice Chima Centus Nweze and Justice Peter Hoommuk Mallong, two prominent members of the bench.

Tinubu in a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Special Duties, Communications & Strategy, Dele Alake said the death of Supreme Court Justice Nweze and that of Justice Mallong of the Federal High Court is painful.

The Supreme Court Justice who died at the age of 64 was appointed to the bench of the apex court in 2014 by former President Goodluck Jonathan.

He also expressed his condolences to the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Olukayode Ariowoola, and Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Justice Husseini Baba-Yusuf, over the demise of their colleagues.

“I extend my condolences to the families of our two departed eminent jurists, Supreme Court Justice Chima Centus Nweze and Federal High Court Justice, Peter Mallong.

“I’m saddened by these two unfortunate deaths at the same time. These transitions diminished our judiciary, robbing that important arm of the government of capable, erudite and learned justices at a time we need more honourable, capable men and women to be in charge of the courts.

“I also send my condolences to the Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chief Judge of Federal High Court on their departed colleagues.”

Tinubu prayed that God will grant the families of the deceased the comfort and fortitude to bear the irreplaceable loss of their loved ones.

He also prayed that their co-workers in the temple of justice find strength and grace.”
https://dailypost.ng/2023/08/01/tinubu-mourns-two-supreme-court-justices/

Re: President Tinubu Mourns Two Supreme Court Justices by Lutherblaq: 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2023
don't be silly mr president, any corrupt Judge will soon join them cheesy
Re: President Tinubu Mourns Two Supreme Court Justices by jonapeters: 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
Their soul rest in peace. Everyone shall give account of their action here on earth after death. Good or bad
Re: President Tinubu Mourns Two Supreme Court Justices by Feintline: 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2023
May their soul rest in peace.
Divinity is sending a message to the Nigeria judiciary.
Nigeria is at a critical edge.
Let your hands be clean.
Perform your duty with the fear of God.
Do not stain your hands because of bloody, corrupt and evil men.
Do not soil your hands with any form of bribes, emonuments to divert and destroy the truth.
The consequences will be brutal and generational.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Mourns Two Supreme Court Justices by SmartPolician: 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
May the good God grant their souls eternal rest. To be honest, I wonder what becomes of lawyers' souls when they die because they have deliberately lied all their lives and have done terrible things just to put food on the table.
Re: President Tinubu Mourns Two Supreme Court Justices by JealousCobra(m): 4:14pm On Aug 01, 2023
Why is Tifnubu obsessed with the judiciary and the Judges 🤠 he always feels and cares for them more than any other institutions.
Re: President Tinubu Mourns Two Supreme Court Justices by Curse777: 4:40pm On Aug 01, 2023
RIP to them

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: The Atiku Perspective / Subsidy Removal: Gov Akeredolu Announces Measure To Cushion Effects / Breaking , Akpu Eaters Are Just Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.