Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects (4813 Views)

Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / 86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by ak47mann(m): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2011
Niger Delta Gets 86% Of Fg Projects - N760bn For Jonathan’s Zone ,zero For North

The Niger Delta region is home to at least 86 per cent of projects approved by the Federal Executive Council between March and August, amounting to over N760 billion out of N883 billion contracts awarded during the period, according to documents published by the Bureau for Public Procurement.

The bureau last week published a ‘List of Contracts Approved for Award by the Federal Executive Council (FEC) from March to August 2011.’

A review of the documents by Daily Trust revealed that contracts valued at N760 billion are located in the Niger Delta, home of President Goodluck Jonathan, while projects specifically located in the other parts of the country amount to about N52 billion.

The rest of the contracts worth about N70 billion, including e-passport contracts and purchase of ambulances for NEMA, are not with specific locations.

Details of the contracts showed that the Ministry of Niger Delta has 28 projects awarded at the cost of N408 billion.

Also, all the N333 billion contracts under the Ministry of Power are spread across the Niger Delta region; while the Niger Delta Development Commission has 10 contracts for infrastructural development in the oil region, totalling N23.7 billion.

But the entire North, minus the FCT, has projects worth only N16.4 billion, as follows: Northwest N15 billion and Northeast N1.4 billion. There is no project specifically located in any of the six states of the North Central.

Four projects worth N12 billion were approved to be sited in the Southwest.

For the Niger Delta, the documents showed that FEC approved the augmentation of the contracts for the East-West Road project, sections I, II-I and II-II under the Ministry of Niger Delta costing nearly N246 billion.

These include Warri-Kaiama road in Delta State, reviewed from N64 billion to N112 billion; Port Harcourt-Ahoada-Kaiama in Rivers State reviewed from N29.9 billion to N48.97 billion; and Ahoada-Kaiama in Rivers and Bayelsa states, reviewed from N44.88 billion to N84.760 billion.

There are also contracts for the dualisation of the 99km East-West Road section III (Port Harcourt Eleme Junction-Eket) in Rivers/Akwa Ibom states and dualisation of 55km East –West Road, section IV (Eket- Oron)  in Akwa Ibom state at the cost of about N67 billion and N37.5 billion respectively.

Also under the Niger Delta ministry, contracts were awarded for 12 infrastructural development projects in nine states of the region at the sum of N27.56 billion; as well as six other contracts for infrastructural development in six states of the region at the cost of about N21 billion.

The only contract approved under the Ministry of Water Resources at the cost of N4.52 billion was for the rehabilitation and expansion of Ogbia Central Water Supply Scheme in Bayelsa State.

FEC also approved a contract for the completion of Otuoke Hospital in Bayelsa at the cost of N2.8 billion.

For the North, there are contracts for the construction of Jalingo-Kuna-Lau Road in Taraba state and the reinstatement of washout and completion of the rehabilitation of Sokoto-Ilella road awarded at the cost of N1.43 billion and N2.256 billion respectively, under the Ministry of Works.

Also located in the North is the contract for the construction of the new terminal building at Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano at the cost of N12 billion.

Within the FCT, there is contract for the provision of engineering infrastructure to Maitama Extension District, Abuja, at the cost of N23.65 billion; and contracts under Aviation ministry for airside terminal building rehabilitation works at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, and direct procurement of automatic and modern flight inspection system and ancillary equipment at N9.5 billion and USD2.7 million respectively.

Contracts with no specific location include purchase of 23 ambulances at the rate of N29 million each totalling N667 million under the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA); N391 million information technology service contract under the Galaxy Backbone; and N14.8 billion contract for the production and maintenance of e-passport booklets and services under the Ministry of Interior. Agriculture ministry also got approval for the procurement of assorted commodities totalling N5.83 billion.

In all, 12 ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) through which the contracts were awarded are Niger Delta Affairs, Power, Aviation, Water Resources, Agriculture, Works, Interior, FCT, NDDC, NEMA, Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and Galaxy Backbone.

DAILYTRUST
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 10, 2011
Before nko?

What do you expect?

That is the Nigerian project.

Best advice is: let us split in peace.
We dont belong together.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Rhino5dm: 7:44pm On Oct 10, 2011
He who pays the piper calls the tune. cool
BTW, SE region is ommited from that list shocked shocked
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Onlytruth(m): 8:14pm On Oct 10, 2011
Posted by: Rhino.5dm

He who pays the piper calls the tune.
BTW, SE region is ommited from that list

My friend, there is more than enough accommodation for SE in the sharing equation.
It doesn't have to be listed. We know.  cool
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by adamabdul: 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2011
The whole contract is 883BN.760BN IS FOR SOUTH SOUTH ALONE
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by musiwa48: 8:40pm On Oct 10, 2011
this shows you, you have a president who is clueless to his position ,  I hear he also approve waste bin. waste bin is the duty of every nigerian to buy one. Even President Obama carry his own waste bin and put it outside his house before he became president.

Look it is not the duty of the federal govt to build a hospital in Otu  eke or water in otu eke. it show you,you have a president who is clueless of the role of president. Even if small issue like waste bin, you people dont know, I see why Nigeria is the way it is.

Now quick question, who own the waste in your house. you would all fail the answer?
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Rhino5dm: 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2011
So bleeping what? angry Have you ever been to the creeks?

How much of unaccounted billions have been going to the North? Guy! Abuja was developed with oil money, yet the host producing communities are in shambles.

Do you know the monetory value of Abuja alone? How sweet is it to be driving from Maitama to Asokoro? central business destrict, NNPC towers, Ministry of finance??

Oloibiri, the location to Nigerias first oil well is more like a glorified cemetary. angry angry angry angry angry

adamabdul:

The whole contract is 883BN.760BN IS FOR SOUTH SOUTH ALONE

Niger delta deserve more than this peanuts.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Rhino5dm: 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2011
I laugh in 324 billion grin grin

Onlytruth:

Posted by: Rhino.5dm
Well, the money is N760B - N408B (for N. Delta) = N352B
Minus
North -> N16B
SW -> N12B

=N324B remaining.

Minus Abuja and others which I put at roughly N75B = N249B

So, you see my friend, there is more than enough accommodation for SE in this sharing equation. grin cheesy grin
It doesn't have to be listed. We know. cool

Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by adamabdul: 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2011
@rhino ofcourse.I am just trying to tell onlytruth that his SE did nt get the rubbish he wrote
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Onlytruth(m): 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^
Ok, correction taken. But I wonder why folks are going crazy over a five month budget in a 12 month year. N.Delta needs to feel they are part of this country.
I still maintain that SE allocations won't be published like that because we always attract the highest envy.
I know that all the federal roads in SE has been awarded and their funds disbursed, plus Enugu airport, Onitsha port, and second Niger bridge contract. I would only start agitating if nothing happens by the end of NEXT YEAR.  cool
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Rhino5dm: 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2011
Am sorry for that outburst.

Just that am tired of hearing people justifying the crime against the people of Niger Delta, all in the name of defending one Nigeria rubbish.

Agreed the leaders of SS are corrupt, but is there ANY region that is free from corruption?? How many of the Ex-govs in EFCC net are from SS?

adamabdul:

@rhino ofcourse.I am just trying to tell onlytruth that his SE did nt get the rubbish he wrote
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Rhino5dm: 9:09pm On Oct 10, 2011
Good news! cheesy cheesy

I hope to see all regions developing.

Onlytruth:

^^
Ok, correction taken. But I wonder why folks are going crazy over a five month budget in a 12 month year. N.Delta needs to feel they are part of this country.
I still maintain that SE allocations won't be published like that because we always attract the highest envy.
I know that all the federal roads in SE has been awarded and their funds disbursed, plus Enugu airport, Onitsha port, and second Niger bridge contract. I would only start agitating if nothing happens by the end of NEXT YEAR. cool
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Relax101(m): 11:21pm On Oct 10, 2011
I am in support of 100% allocation of the contracts to the Niger delta region if possible.
Daily trust can go to hell. me dont care.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Akanbiedu(m): 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2011
I c village mentality plenty for hia. So other parts of nigeria are not contributing, does the ND have a standing army? Is the ND in charge of protecting our territorial waters?
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by aljharem3: 11:35pm On Oct 10, 2011
I think it is good, the ND has been neglected for tooo long and should get all the necessary allocations for them.

Now he can keep developing the ND so long as he does not remove the subsidy until the necessary things are put in place
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by musiwa48: 1:37am On Oct 11, 2011
Onlytruth, niger delta are nigerian like other nigeria. The ministry of Niger delta will be cancelled after this govt, it is an unconstitution ministry, if you check the constitution of nigeria.

There is already a provision in the constitutio of 13%n. The extra spending is illegal. While the nigeria airforce are shouting they are not getting training. The Militant are been training on how to fligh a plane. Is that fair for God sake to the Nigeria airforce.

The airforce, many have not gone for training for years, while they go flight militia to south africa to learn how to flight a plane. It is sick if the story is true.

It is untrue that oil is 90% of Nigeria revenue. It as been a lie all the while. when you look at the figures coming out from the federal govt. The so call claim of oil  is not true. they should show us acccount. this are made up story., like they use to claim Abia state have oil which was a lie.

To be honest with you. Even on nigeria television people from cross river and akwa ibom state have on several occasion come out to lie on how oil companies pollute their land, but looking at the satellite it is shame to see, no oil rig or well on land. So how did this oil company pollute their land.

It as been  lies and lies all along. Even lies against oil company. It is true some oil company did. But most of them where pipeline leaks by people.

As a nation we need healing . this is why you find boko haram. they discovered the truth.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by udezue(m): 2:02am On Oct 11, 2011
NigerDelta area after going through years of neglect and devastation deserves it. The North and West already have had enough development. NigerDelta is simply playing catch up so the contracts awarded are fair enough.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by aljharem3: 2:12am On Oct 11, 2011
udezue:

NigerDelta area after going through years of neglect and devastation deserves it. The North and West already have had enough development. NigerDelta is simply playing catch up so the contracts awarded are fair enough.

what do you mean by the north and west are developed enough. don't u think u sound funny ?

and the east and ND have not had there own fair fair abi. it is always the conspiracy of the north and west claiming everything from the FG and the east and ND nothing
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by EkoIle1: 2:22am On Oct 11, 2011
And this on top federal allocations, increased derivation and NDDC. Still, nothing to show for all the attention and money, the state remains on of the most backward states in Nigeria. What a travesty,
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Johndoe100(m): 2:33am On Oct 11, 2011
alj_harem:

what do you mean by the north and west are developed enough. don't u think u sound funny ?

and the east and ND have not had there own fair fair abi. it is always the conspiracy of the north and west claiming everything from the FG and the east and ND nothing

This is the true position, why deny it?
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by udezue(m): 2:34am On Oct 11, 2011
@AljHarem, the last I checked the North and their Western house boys have been ruling the country and taking resources away from the East to develop their region after all they won the war. Abuja was made FCT, after Lagos and both places were developed at the detriment of ND / East.

Kaduna even has the largest and best oil refinery in the country yet Kaduna has not one drop of oil.
Lagos has a well developed and functioning seaport while from Warri, Onicha, PH to Calabar we have nothing but decaying and outdated ports.

The West and North have International Airports and Embassies while non exists in Old Midwest and Old East.
Years ago contracts meant for viable places like Onicha were given to Abeokuta only for it die its natural death there.
The Ogoni lost over 5000 of its ppl just to the FG to stop oil companies from killing their land and it will take decades for things to get back to normal for them.

Umuechem Igbo community of Rivers suffered brutality over their protest against oil companies in their land.

Odi/Ijo communities suffered the same.

Bakassi-Efik land was haned over to Cameroun like piece of cake with no respect for the wishes of the oil producing community.

Ukwa areas of Abia have also experienced pollution of their environment.

Need I say more?
99 percent of contracts should awarded to that region. We have been practicing too much self-help. We even built our own airport in Imo state.
We have paid our dues and its about time we get relief.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by aljharem3: 3:01am On Oct 11, 2011
udezue:

@AljHarem, the last I checked the North and their Western house boys have been ruling the country and taking resources away from the East to develop their region after all they won the war. Abuja was made FCT, after Lagos and both places were developed at the detriment of ND / East.

who has ruled this country, the military era that was introduced by the eastern soilders ?

the east started it and the north just capitalised on it, nothing really to it, abi it was the north that started military coup ?

who won the war ? If i remember quite right it was on the bases of no victor the surrender, so who won the war. If the west and the north won A WAR, then I can bet that there would be serious discrimination against the east and also serious marginalization against the east. That is not the case today.

udezue:

Kaduna even has the largest and best oil refinery in the country yet Kaduna has not one drop of oil.
Lagos has a well developed and functioning seaport while from Warri, Onicha, PH to Calabar we have nothing but decaying and outdated ports.

Kaduna having refinery is needed and well calculated, it has nothing to do with production of oil

if you want to be refineing crude oil in the south and then transporting it to the north, it would cost a lot of money and also we would lose a lot of crude oil produce due to the high volatility of petroleum produces. It was a well calculated thing.

Lagos is well developed because of

1. seaport that was created by the british
2. location, the location allows migration of people not only in nigeria but from west africa
3. awolowo free education, you can deny it all you like but even us and ND people know the truth

Now warri, PH and calabar people are not complaining. unless onitsha people and it is understandable but jsut like many projects in Nigeria, there FG always disappoint. Moreover who told you that tincan port is not outdated if not for the SG to intervened that; your governors are accountable for

udezue:

The West and North have International Airports and Embassies while non exists in Old Midwest and Old East.
Years ago contracts meant for viable places like Onicha were given to Abeokuta only for it die its natural death there.
The Ogoni lost over 5000 of its ppl just to the FG to stop oil companies from killing their land and it will take decades for things to get back to normal for them.

The WEST AND NORTH HAVE NO EMBASSIES they are all located in Abuja. Talking about non-existing in the old midwest Lol ingnorance my brother, are embassies located too in the old west such as kwara and ondo, what of Kogi. the midwest today are still happy for Awolowo because cocoa was used to fund the old mid west, the old east have Nnamdi to blame for that.

The internationa airport are located in Now bayelsa, cross river. So stop the lies of no Int airport in the east.

what contract is that that was given to abeokuta but not onitsha ?

Ogoni people are the most blessed people in Nigeria, In fact I love and respect them for the way they dissociated from this east and ND nonsense. I have to acknowledge the bini,ijaws, Ilaje and Itsekiris as well for removing themselves from this self pity.

When Alams was stealling fund meant to build schools, roads, airport etc. what did the so call east do ? NOTHING

When Ibori was driveritng funds for airport and seaport, where were you ?

When edwin clark who owns MUILTI BILLIONS IN WORTH OF HOUSES IN UK, LAGOS, USA. what did the so called east do ?

Bini,ijaws, ilaje, itsekiri, Ogoni and Ibibios are removing themselves from this madness called "East are suffering while west and north are enjoying" because that is not the case. I am sure you have been to Ogun, sokoto or lagos state; well are the people there better than the EAST ? NO everyone from every region are all in the same conditions.

udezue:

Umuechem Igbo community of Rivers suffered brutality over their protest against oil companies in their land.

Odi/Ijo communities suffered the same.

Bakassi-Efik land was haned over to Cameroun like piece of cake with no respect for the wishes of the oil producing community.

Ukwa areas of Abia have also experienced pollution of their environment. 

You are funny you know, and the Ilajes and itsekiris did not protest ? Or do you think those are the only people suffering

what of beroms of Jos during the Tin boast. No jos is like an erosion killing ground all in the name of Nigeria.

Go to ogun for limestone of the country. People there are protesting

what of lead in Bauchi, people are dying from no proper environmental care taken after the removal of the lead.

udezue:

Need I say more?
99 percent of contracts should awarded to that region. We have been practicing too much self-help. We even built our own airport in Imo state.
We have paid our dues and its about time we get relief.

WHY SHOULD 99% BE AWARDED TO A REGION ?

who have been practicing self help ? Nigerians or Eastern people

You for no build your airport before, and wait for the FG to build it for you.

Or is lagos, kogi and kwara not buding there own airport. what of delta state airport. abegi u are not the first to build your own airport andf you would not be the last

WHAT DUES HAVE YOU PAID ? really!!!!!!! that the north or west have not paid ? Please answer this important question.!
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by htajz: 4:17am On Oct 11, 2011
alj harem stop spreading propaganda all over the place. with over 40 years of rule see what you people have reduced the country to, anyways watch us put things back in order.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by ak47mann(m): 4:25am On Oct 11, 2011
GEJ is just doing his job Abeg cheesy cheesy cheesy

Because life no easy my brother

NA flavour talk am cool so enjoy yourself cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezl2s8-YDtY
this one no be yo yo  grin grin grin

video was shot in ENUGU
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by aljharem3: 4:30am On Oct 11, 2011
htajz:

alj harem stop spreading propaganda all over the place. with over 40 years of rule see what you people have reduced the country to, anyways watch us put things back in order.

what propaganda. who is US ? u mean PDP elite or you mean the people of the "east" ? LOL na wa o

tell me if i am wrong in anything I wrote .
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by dayokanu(m): 5:59am On Oct 11, 2011
What happened to the billions allocated yearly to OMPADEC, NDDC etc? WHat happened to the 13% derivation for how many years?

I laff in Retardeen
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by emmke(m): 6:15am On Oct 11, 2011
alj harem i have to give it to u, u have an amazing understanding of Nigeria (one of the best, if not the best, in this forum). Almost as if u have lived in all the states of the nation. Mehn, u are really good. Thumbs up wink
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by werepeLeri: 9:19am On Oct 11, 2011
All in the bid to discredit the government as usual.

If you care to know the contracts - look here. They are in the open domain for all to see.

http://www.bpp.gov.ng/?ContentPage&sub_cnt=sectionpage&secid=30&sub_cntid=126
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by werepeLeri: 9:21am On Oct 11, 2011
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Xfactoria: 9:31am On Oct 11, 2011
It costs twice as much to put up infrastructure (roads especially) in other parts of Nigeria than to put up same infrastructures in South South because of the terrain. If a Road construction costs N10bn in Minna, it will cost about N25bn in Bayelsa or Rivers.

So, to really put this in perspective, lets get down to what those funds are meant to achieve rather than just fooling ourselves with figures.

Lastly, apart from Port-Harcourt, I have not seen any town or city in Bayelsa, Edo and Rivers that is like Minna or Kaduna in terms of infrastructural development. So maybe, the SS people need to catch up with this.
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by moreprof: 9:32am On Oct 11, 2011
Ghost projects that will be awarded to Ghost Contractors!, OH
Re: Niger Delta Gets 86% Of FG Projects by Bawss1(m): 9:43am On Oct 11, 2011
No problem as long as the projects improve the region.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dickson Alleges Plot To Destabilise Bayelsa / Katsina Assembly Suspends CPC Lawmaker For Criticising Govt / Major Hamza Al- Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.