Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders (10190 Views)

Labour Leaders Block Wike, FCT Minister’s Gate / Subsidy: Labour Leaders Walk Out Of Aso Rock Meeting, Accuse FG Of Deceit / Three Pastors Have Obtained Forms To Contest For Presidency In The APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by ogododo: 7:47am On Aug 02, 2023
The organized labour in Abia State says it has obtained approval from both the Nigeria Police Force and the Department of State Services, DSS, to join their colleagues from across the federation to protest the high price of petrol, following the federal government’s removal of subsidy on petrol.

This was made known by the leadership of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, and the Trade Union Congress, TUC, during their visit to Governor Alex Otti.

The labour leaders, who were led by Comrade Paschal Nweke of NLC and Comrade Ihechi Enogwe of TUC clarified that the Wednesday’s protest is not designed to attack the government of Abia State, but against the Federal government, adding that it is aimed at pressing home their disagreement with the federal government over its harsh economic policy.

The labour leaders thanked Governor Otti for paying July salaries of Abia workers before the end of July and also appreciated him for appointing a labour unionist, Comrade Sunny Onwuma as a commissioner.

Responding, Governor Otti thanked the visitors for coming to brief him about their plan and appealed to them to ensure that they conduct themselves orderly during the protest and not allow strangers to hijack the rally.

He explained how the twin issues of petroleum subsidy and foreign exchange demand had conspired to put the nation’s economy on dire straits, adding that it was only a rich few that were benefitting from subsidy payments and not the poor.

The Governor, however, acknowledged the negative impact that the sudden removal of subsidy on petrol may have had on the populace.

“The challenge for us is to ensure that the impact is reduced and we’re putting our heads together to see how we, as a State, will reduce the impact on our people.

“I’m happy that you have promised that there is not going to be any violence because people can also hijack it and once people hijack it, it goes out of your control,” Otti said.

The Governor declared that there is nothing wrong with protest for as long as it is conducted within the ambit of the law.

According to Otti, “It’s a democracy so your voices should be heard. But what I think is also important is that when you see genuine effort at resolving what you’re protesting against, then you should embrace it because all of us are asking for the same thing. We want a better place for everybody.”

https://dailypost.ng/2023/08/02/we-have-obtained-dss-police-permissions-for-protest-in-abia-labour-leaders/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by TemplarLandry: 7:48am On Aug 02, 2023
cool
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by 001Lagos: 7:50am On Aug 02, 2023
Very good , make I dust my newly bought sneakers 👟 👟

We Move cool

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Ecos(m): 8:05am On Aug 02, 2023
It's una right but do it peacefully

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2023
Before nko, na ur political arm sent u work na

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Wealthoptulent(m): 8:31am On Aug 02, 2023
Obidients workers..
Like say dem dey go worl before ...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Afamed: 8:36am On Aug 02, 2023
You can continue your protests as long as you want, here in Lagos , everyone is going to his normal bubbling and hustling

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by helinues: 8:49am On Aug 02, 2023
Protest with sit at home?

How would that work?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by ogododo: 11:22am On Aug 02, 2023
helinues:
Protest with sit at home?

How would that work?
Una never see anything. Protest dey on. Nlfpmod.

11 Likes

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Risingblue008(m): 11:30am On Aug 02, 2023
Provided it produces a good result,
I concur
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Tntsi: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2023
Dss or police is not immune to the hunger in the land.
The hunger and pain in the land does not have tribe or language.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by onlyboyson(m): 11:32am On Aug 02, 2023
I blame who vote and who rigged the election for the half-witted idiot Jagaban

3 Likes

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Nice2023(m): 11:32am On Aug 02, 2023
According to the last judgement,u don't need their permission to protest any where in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Mosba: 11:32am On Aug 02, 2023
Did you get permission to turn the state upside down? Just wait for it

1 Like

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by easyfem(m): 11:34am On Aug 02, 2023
The whole situation is confusing , no b tinubu fault oooo, so NLC shud knw where they will channel their agitation to .... or make we follow sowore way ....coz I'm confusing
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by SoftP(m): 11:34am On Aug 02, 2023
Toothless dogs
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by WorldRichest: 11:35am On Aug 02, 2023
Emilokan Asiwaju Jagaban and the security agents are watching closely
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by BoldBrainz(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2023
Abia State, una still dey explain things grin? Here in Abuja, we dey outside since 7.30am o!

3 Likes

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Godstiger(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2023
Hmm..I keep wondering,FG keeps blaming the hike on the marketers as if the marketers are ones that drills the national oil and take it to wherever it is they refined and sell to the masses,it just don't make sense

1 Like

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by orohbirodeysmel: 11:35am On Aug 02, 2023
Nawa o. Labour Union i.e Labour Party don begin campaign already in case of any rerun...they refused to go on strike, because Tinubu will use the court to break the Union. Now they smartly went for a peaceful protest..

Interesting days ahead
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Slynation(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2023
Left for me...I will say they should leave this protests for the people that kept us in the position, we can't be the ones cleaning the mess they brought upon everybody...

By the time hunger knack them Iwa after agbado season is over, they go smart by force...

3 Likes

Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Lovenorth: 11:36am On Aug 02, 2023
Tinubu should resign and let the poor breathe
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by iampeterben(m): 11:36am On Aug 02, 2023
We stand with NLC!
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by Skillsnigeria: 11:37am On Aug 02, 2023
Noted
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by MykellOni(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
A good one though...
On a second thought, if you believe these ppl are fighting for you..., You're on your own o. Believe me once the leaders of this group get what they want, them no send any body again.. Nigeria is so bad that everybody only fights his belle now...
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by spencekat(m): 11:39am On Aug 02, 2023
Well spoken by the governor.
Re: We Have Obtained DSS, Police Permissions For Protest In Abia – Labour Leaders by enemyofprogress: 11:42am On Aug 02, 2023
Walahi talahi I am enjoining this strike. E too dey sweet me for body.

Ajepako Abeg cook rice and beans come for me, I dey house dey wait for you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! / Amaechi Swears-In New Acting Chief Judge For Rivers / Most Expensive And Luxurious Presidential Planes In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.