Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor (1370 Views)

Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car / 17-Year-Old Girl Rushed To The Hospital After Sex Romp With Boyfriend In Delta. / Woman Faints, Lands In A Hospital After Being Beating Severely By Husband.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by Welovetruecrime(m): 7:52am On Aug 02, 2023
In a heart-wrenching incident, a doctor's life came to a tragic end at General Hospital Odan in Lagos Island, Lagos state, Nigeria.

Dr. Vwaere was inside an elevator that unexpectedly fell from the 10th floor to the ground. Fellow doctors revealed that the elevator had been known to have problems, and staff had made multiple complaints about its safety.

A staff member expressed their frustration on Twitter, stating, "We are particularly upset because we've been complaining about this elevator for a long time. We've been navigating, managing, and praying every time we had to use it. Empty promises were made to fix it... until it took one of us."

As of now, neither the hospital management nor the police have provided an official report. We all hope that this outstanding doctor will receive justice for the negligence that led to her untimely death.

Our hearts go out to Dr. Vwaere's family and her colleagues at work. Rest in Peace to her.

https://www.truecrimeavenue.com/2023/08/tragic-incident-at-general-hospital.html

Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by TemplarLandry: 7:52am On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by Welovetruecrime(m): 7:57am On Aug 02, 2023
We want to just manage everything in this country. I have been stuck in an elevator in one of our Federal Ministry Buildings and boy, those minutes were the longest in my life. R.I.P to this wonderful doctor. Nigeria happened to her
TemplarLandry:

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by ajailer(m): 7:58am On Aug 02, 2023
I don't understand this one again o. Can an elevator free fall?
I think the thing will only get stuck rather than free fall. The news doesn't look complete.
Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by Welovetruecrime(m): 8:00am On Aug 02, 2023
That means it was extremely faulty. If not it is supposed to get stuck and not fall off like that.
ajailer:
I think the thing will only get stuck rather than free fall. The news doesn't look complete.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by Immatex(m): 8:06am On Aug 02, 2023
I had similar experience of elevator free fall while I was inside at a Hotel in Lagos, can't remember the name now.

I was inside when a power outage occurred and the elevator fell from third floor to the ground floor.

It felt like I took a jump from a three floor height. Power was restored quickly and I came out and used the stairs. I stopped using the elevator.

The hotel is opposite a rail station in Lagos.

Mainland Hotel Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by Welovetruecrime(m): 8:34am On Aug 02, 2023
Thank God your own happened on the third floor.
Immatex:

I had similar experience of elevator free fall while I was inside at a Hotel in Lagos, can't remember the name now.

I was inside when a power outage occurred and the elevator fell from third floor to the ground floor.

It felt like I took a jump from a three floor height. Power was restored quickly and I came out and used the stairs. I stopped using the elevator.

Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by ajailer(m): 8:37am On Aug 02, 2023
Welovetruecrime:
That means it was extremely faulty. If not it is supposed to get stuck and not fall off like that.

hmm, then the management of the place should be arrested cos modern elevators are built in a way that nothing will make it to free fall not even if the building is on fire and the iron cable suspending the lift has melted due to heat.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by Welovetruecrime(m): 8:43am On Aug 02, 2023
I Agree. Someone has to pay
ajailer:

hmm, then the management of the place should be arrested cos modern elevators are built in a way that nothing will make it to free fall not even if the building is on fire and the iron cable suspending the lift has melted due to heat.
Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by IamtheTruth1(m): 9:28am On Aug 02, 2023
Immatex:

Dem don scar you for life. Nigeria lack maintenance culture. Most people will rather wait for an equipment to be packed up before repairs than running scheduled maintenance. Gambling with peoples lives.

Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by TotoGame(m): 10:35am On Aug 02, 2023
Avoidable death! the family of the girl should sue the fuvk out of that hospital...RIP

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by DesChyko: 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
The painful part of it all is blood being unavailable for a doctor in a general hospital. If you can't find blood in a government run hospital, where then?

This APC-led government has been disaster after disaster. Under same corruption-infested government, FIFA decided to start paying players money directly because of shortchanging by the corrupt NFF.

How many people will pay the price for Nigeria? Does Nigeria even understand patriotism is two-way? Who would wish to die in such a gory manner?

She whispered, "I don't want to die" but Nigeria was not listening.

Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by Welovetruecrime(m): 8:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
sad one
Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by Fashionista01(f): 11:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
My condolence to the family. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by AQUMLA(m): 1:53am On Aug 03, 2023
ajailer:

Similar accident happened to me in NAIA Abuja, it was God that saved me.
Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by ajailer(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2023
AQUMLA:

Only God can help us in this country, we have no idea of what maintenance is... we just know say there is something called that but no idea how it works.

lucky you.
Re: Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor by Welovetruecrime(m): 11:51am On Aug 03, 2023
You are really lucky
AQUMLA:

(1) (Reply)

Atrocity: 2 Married People Banished After Caught SlαΊΉΜ„eping With Each Other-watch / Does This Person Look Like Someone That Went About Stealing Phones Or Laptops? / Bishop Rapes 15-year-old Girl In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.