Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,065 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal (890 Views)

#endsars: Heavy Security At Aso Rock Gate As Thugs Besiege Eagle Square / NLC Commences Nationwide Protest Today / FG Agrees To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage As NLC Suspends Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by Ofunaofu: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2023
There was heavy security on ground at the Ikeja under-bridge in Lagos as members of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) commences nationwide protests over the removal of petrol subsidy.

Recall the organised labour said the palliatives rolled out by the President in his nationwide broadcast on Monday night, was very insignificant to cushion the effect of the suffering in the country.

This is as the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Comrade Joe Ajaero was conspicuously absent at the meeting.

The Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, specifically said it was going ahead with the proposed national protest on Wednesday.

Briefing State House correspondents at the end of the Presidential Steering Committee on Palliatives held at the State House, Abuja, the Chief of Staf to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila, appealed to organised labour to suspend the planned protest.

He said: β€œWe have laid out the plans, the interventions of Mr. President, as you all heard in his broadcast yesterday (Monday), we made it clear that this was just Mr. President’s initial rollout and interventions and that conversations will be ongoing as we go along.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/breaking-heavy-security-as-nlc-commences-protest/amp/
Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by successmatters(m): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2023
Let the protest go on, we cannot be fed palliatives like beggars in our country. grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by TemplarLandry: 9:20am On Aug 02, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by Taylor90: 9:22am On Aug 02, 2023
kiss
Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by Ikaeniyan0: 9:22am On Aug 02, 2023
They should not block the road. That's the koko for me

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by EmperorCaesar(m): 9:23am On Aug 02, 2023
Doesnt look like it at all

NLC is struggling to control its chapters in all states

As at 7am this morning, they were still confused on what to do...Failed Congress
Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by Adaisback(f): 9:30am On Aug 02, 2023
Make I park here. Ndigbo, uche unu dikwa ya o. Ba be gi!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by EmperorCaesar(m): 9:47am On Aug 02, 2023
[quote author=Adaisback post=124823895]Make I park here. Ndigbo, uche unu dikwa ya o. Ba be gi![/quote

Your affinity for negative news is strong...Wonder what your life offline looks like cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by Landowner101(m): 9:51am On Aug 02, 2023
My own is that Igbos should be very careful while associating with this people (speaking from experience).

Enough said, the protest should be very peaceful and I pray may it's positive aims be achieved...

Lastly, may this protest favour me and my family

1 Like

Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by inoki247: 9:52am On Aug 02, 2023
Lol naso police full my Junction like say na War..

Buh all activities don resume he no look like strike dey happen like people are no even interested people don open dere shop here..
Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by Savedday2: 11:07am On Aug 02, 2023
Verily I say unto you, a time will come in this country when the poor will have nothing to eat but to eat the rich for breakfast!
Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by Adaisback(f): 12:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
[quote author=EmperorCaesar post=124824317][/quote] my life offline is very fun. Am one crazy fun to be with kind of lady. No dull moment at all o.
Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by HenryWilliams(m): 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Doesnt look like it at all

NLC is struggling to control its chapters in all states

As at 7am this morning, they were still confused on what to do...Failed Congress

By tomorrow.. things will be clearer .
The first days of protests are always haphazard..
In time it will solidify and become a movement..
Re: Breaking : Heavy Security As NLC Commences Protest Over Petrol Subsidy Removal by Godwin4444: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
successmatters:
Let the protest go on, we cannot be fed palliatives like beggars in our country. grin
but u can b locked up like prisoners in your region?

(1) (Reply)

Awo: The Best And Greatest Nigerian Political Leader Never Became President / CSU: Original Copy Of Judgement Between Tinubu Vs Atiku / Which Africa Country Is This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.