Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

D-i-s-a-s-t-e-r! It's A Collective Failure -kodjo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / D-i-s-a-s-t-e-r! It's A Collective Failure -kodjo (591 Views)

The FIFA Ballon D'or: An Individual Or A Collective Award? / D-i-s-a-s-t-e-r! It's A Collective Failure -kodjo / D-i-s-a-s-t-e-r! It's A Collective Failure -kodjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

D-i-s-a-s-t-e-r! It's A Collective Failure -kodjo by DeGenius3(m): 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2011
By Tony Ubani
AS Nigerians continue to sulk over the lame and stupid play of the Eagles that saw them eliminated from the Nations Cup and with many calling on Coach Samson Siasia to throw in the towel, former NFA Chairman, Anthony Kodjo Williams said that Siasia should not be made the scapegoat.

“Were you expecting a better result from the team?”, Williams said on the phone. He laughed and cleared his throat.

“I told Siasia when he was employed that he lacked the quality to be national coach. He does not have it and no Nigerian coach can lead the Eagles. Sentiments will not allow them do a good job. But you cant put the blame on Siasia alone. How can a football association hire a coach on public opinion?.

It is never done. Majority of those fans who scream to mould the opinion of your NFA are illiterates on football matters. Where in the world have you seen or heard that a coach was hired because of public opinion?What they want is results.

That explains those running our football.It would have been unfair for Nigeria to qualify. We’ve been patching things and think we are moving forward. We have the poorest league, no scouting policy, no room for the development and integration of local players into the national team. No challenges. No ideas. How can we move forward?. It is a shame. A big setback. A slap on the face to think that Nigeria did not qualify for the Nations Cup in a group that included Guinea, Ethiopia and Madagascar. So, why sacrifice Siasia? It’s a collective failure.

Who are in the technical department?. They are clueless. Siasia does not have what you people thought he had. And no Nigerian coach can lead our national team. They are petty, vindictive and act on sentiments. I don’t believe in any Nigerian coach”.

Kodjo Williams who was impeached as NFA Chairman argued that Nigeria has more pressing worries. “The Guineans were outstanding. They did not come to play. But the two times they attacked, they got their goals with precise passes and understanding. There was no rhythm in our game”.

He also lashed out at Siasia. “No Manager will allow his best player to go on the altar of discipline. Discipline is good but the boy(Vincent Enyeamah) apologized. He should not have excludeded him from the match.

That’s very parochial”, Williams who has entered into partnership with Rivers State Government for a football College of Excellence said.

(1) (Reply)

College Basketball Vs Nigerian Basketball / How To Cleanse Nigeria Football / I Wish Nigeria Won't Win A Medal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.