Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Will Nigerians Allow Policies To Work? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Will Nigerians Allow Policies To Work? (101 Views)

COVID-19: Government Must Make Policies To Curb Community Transmission As Lockdo / IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse / Bishop Emma Okonkwo, Billionaire Who Didn’t Allow Loss Of His Leg To Deter Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will Nigerians Allow Policies To Work? by JimikingProps(m): 11:11am On Aug 02, 2023
#COPIED.

From my inbox :

Will Nigerians Allow policies to Work?

My experience yesterday at Fistbank, oba Akran,Ikeja makes me thinking. I was there yesterday to collect a few dollars sent into my domiciliary account by my son am helping to supervise his building. I was at the bank to collect 3.5k dollars but was told that they have only 5dollar bills.what can I do with that and who will change it for me? I asked the lady at the desk when they will have for me to come back or can't the bank change it to Naira for me since they are expected to buy and sell according to what we heard. She said she doesn't know but why can't I transfered the money to a bureau de change that will give me the naira equivalent. I said I don't know any? Immediately a man strategically positioned beside me said he owns one and that I should transfer to his acct and he will transfer at 850 naira per dollar to my naira acct Immediately. I was afraid but to my surprise the lady at the counter assured me that I will not be duped, that i will receive the alert immediately. I quickly reduced the amount to be collected to 1k incase there is problem. Within 5minutes the transfer was done.
Why my story? I think the intention of government is that the bank should buy and sell dollar so that exchange rate will not be left in the hands of speculators. Why are banks officials now using intermediaries to decide exchange rate instead of their normal bidding with central bank?. The man is always sitting comfortably in the bank making deals that does not have receipts on behalf of corrupt bank officials. With this, It might be difficult to have single exchange rate with all these underground deals. Definitely dollars will continue to be on the rise this way. Government always have good ideas but implementation is the problem because of our greed and less respect for laws. PBAT will now be labeled wicked because what is expected to be achieved will not be realized.
I hope this post will reach those concerned and banks should be monitored.
Thanks
Re: Will Nigerians Allow Policies To Work? by Academicwizman(m): 11:30am On Aug 02, 2023
JimikingProps:
#COPIED.

From my inbox :

Will Nigerians Allow policies to Work?

My experience yesterday at Fistbank, oba Akran,Ikeja makes me thinking. I was there yesterday to collect a few dollars sent into my domiciliary account by my son am helping to supervise his building. I was at the bank to collect 3.5k dollars but was told that they have only 5dollar bills.what can I do with that and who will change it for me? I asked the lady at the desk when they will have for me to come back or can't the bank change it to Naira for me since they are expected to buy and sell according to what we heard. She said she doesn't know but why can't I transfered the money to a bureau de change that will give me the naira equivalent. I said I don't know any? Immediately a man strategically positioned beside me said he owns one and that I should transfer to his acct and he will transfer at 850 naira per dollar to my naira acct Immediately. I was afraid but to my surprise the lady at the counter assured me that I will not be duped, that i will receive the alert immediately. I quickly reduced the amount to be collected to 1k incase there is problem. Within 5minutes the transfer was done.
Why my story? I think the intention of government is that the bank should buy and sell dollar so that exchange rate will not be left in the hands of speculators. Why are banks officials now using intermediaries to decide exchange rate instead of their normal bidding with central bank?. The man is always sitting comfortably in the bank making deals that does not have receipts on behalf of corrupt bank officials. With this, It might be difficult to have single exchange rate with all these underground deals. Definitely dollars will continue to be on the rise this way. Government always have good ideas but implementation is the problem because of our greed and less respect for laws. PBAT will now be labeled wicked because what is expected to be achieved will not be realized.
I hope this post will reach those concerned and banks should be monitored.
Thanks

The main problem we have in Nigeria is that of human resources. It's mainly the problem of followership but we like to blame the leaders that are chosen from amongst us.

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Secrets Why It Cost You Nothing To Start Making Money In Dollars, E / What Is A Metaverse NFT Marketplace And How Do You Create Your Own? / Build Your Business Around Getting More Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.