Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves (1170 Views)

Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Slaves Room In Ancient Roman City Unearthed By Archaeologists (Photos) / Taliban Fighters Set Woman On Fire For Bad Cooking, Use Girls As Sex Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Edu3Again: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
The Citizens of Niger Republic Cry They Live Like Slaves in spite of being wealthy.

The man on twitter said.
🇳🇪 "We have uranium, we have diamonds, we have gold, we have oil, and we live like slaves?
We won't accept it. The French base in Niger must leave."

https://twitter.com/real1maria/status/1686613925683429376

This maybe the reason the coup has widespread support in Niger Republic and why France is fighting to hold on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Modsarefools(f): 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2023
Isoright

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Wainey: 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
I think Ecowas should let these people be.

They are looking for a better life and had no other choice,
though military dictatorship isn't the best for of govt and I hope they see beyond their nose and look for a voice in democracy than settling for a military rule.

My happiness is that Africa is now waking up and asking their leaders some questions.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by tungamaje: 6:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
The wishes of the citizens must be respected. Allow them if they are comfortable with the military takeover

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by thisisit: 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
Good Citizen of Niger
PATRIOTIC Citizen of Niger
Anti corruption Conscious Citizens of Niger.
United Citizens of Niger
Posterity shall be kind to them
History will remember in Positive light for taking their nation back.

They are better Citizens than Citizens of one West Africa country with a name like Niger...
Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Babaken(m): 6:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
tungamaje:
The wishes of the citizens must be respected. Allow them if they are comfortable with the military takeover
do you think African leaders want to see their masses happy or enjoy good living.
Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by ozo13(m): 6:25pm On Aug 02, 2023
I once watch a documentary about uranium mine in Niger republic and the village near by aren't benefiting anything from the God given gift.Omo bad leaders choke for Africa .
The citizens were complaining abt contamination to the point radioactive readers were use to check residential walls as well as class rooms , they were reading significant values that is harmful to health

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by LegallyBlunt: 6:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
According to the principle of self-determination, each country gets to decide what kind of government it desires. The people of Niger are okay with the status quo. So they should be left alone. We have too many troubles here in Nigeria. Our concern should be peace in ECOWAS, not fighting a proxy war for France or whoever. Look at Ukraine. Also, we must learn from the Liberian experience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by divide9ja: 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2023
In fact I think its time Africa seeks its freedom.

The western world simply likes to maintain control via compromised or easily controlled african rulers.
Thats why if u check they preferred rulers from a particular region of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by FreeStuffsNG: 6:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
Edu3Again:
The Citizens of Niger Republic Cry They Live Like Slaves in spite of being wealthy.

The man on twitter said.
🇳🇪 "We have uranium, we have diamonds, we have gold, we have oil, and we live like slaves?
We won't accept it. The French base in Niger must leave."

https://twitter.com/real1maria/status/1686613925683429376

This maybe the reason the coup has widespread support in Niger Republic and why France is fighting to hold on.

Yinmu.

They are sponsored by the coup plotters. We have watched this film before. Everyone who is experienced will know the coup plotters are jittery. They ain't seen anything yet.

All those Russian flags the coup plotters produced en masse overnight and shared for their sponsored protesters will not save them. If he wants to rule, he should remove uniform, join or form a political party and contest. Anything short of that is a no no.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Ikpunnegi01: 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
The drunken agbado general should go and bomb Niger.. I won't pity his region..
Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Omofaye99: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Yinmu.

They are sponsored by the coup plotters. We have watched this film before. Everyone who is experienced will know the coup plotters are jittery. They ain't seen anything yet.

All those Russian flags the coup plotters produced en masse overnight and shared for their sponsored protesters will not save them. If he wants to rule, he should remove uniform, join or form a political party and contest. Anything short of that is a no no.

You are wise.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Omofaye99: 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2023
Wainey:
I think Ecowas should let these people be.

They are looking for a better life and had no other choice,
though military dictatorship isn't the best for of govt and I hope they see beyond their nose and look for a voice in democracy than settling for a military rule.

My happiness is that Africa is now waking up and asking their leaders some questions.

Those generals are fighting for their pockets. They carried out that coup cause Baz removed their beloved general who have been dealing with illegal gold sales on the black market.
Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Raheeqilmaktoom: 10:43am On Aug 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Yinmu.

Not definitely.

Anti-France(nd by extension western) sentiments have been rising in the sahel for a very long time as the French mantained a chokehold kind of grip on these countries economies - they coud'nt get anything done without France's blessings, they use France given currency - the CFA, deposit their external reserves with the French, plus endemic poverty not necessarily caused by the French but seen by the populace to have the backing of their colonialists in addition to the French support for all kinds of leaders so long as they 'stayed in line' not minding how the citizens were treated.

It was a matter of when, not If.

All these people need to do is stir up anti-French sentiments and the whole nation would be up in arms.
Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by cyprus000: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Yinmu.

Rambling of an inconsequential dolt. Since you're the bastion of democracy, why not go to Niger to oust the military junta.

I thought ECOWAS that has been blind to the penury west Africans are going through, was chest beating initially.
Why are they backpedaling sending diplomatic envoys, instead of military response as they threatened with their insipid altimatum.

I hope the resounding pushback was clear to Nigerian authority, or they can decide to embark on political suicide by going to Niger.

I really don't know what you political minions take war to be, or what it entail to fund and carry out a war. I wonder if it's with this precarious Nigerian economy that would be used for a conflict on a matter that does not concern nor directly threaten our sovereignty.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Edu3Again: 7:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Yinmu.

Almajiri bit by bit the west will be kicked out of Africa.

when they do guess what, Nigeria will break and leave northern parasites to fend for themselves grin
Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
"If your going to be dumb, gotta be tough." 😂

France is evil.
Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by leofab(f): 2:15am On Aug 05, 2023
cyprus000:

Rambling of an inconsequential dolt. Since you're the bastion of democracy, why not go to Niger to oust the military junta.

I thought ECOWAS that has been blind to the penury west Africans are going through, was chest beating initially.
Why are they backpedaling sending diplomatic envoys, instead of military response as they threatened with their insipid altimatum.

I hope the resounding pushback was clear to Nigerian authority, or they can decide to embark on political suicide by going to Niger.

I really don't know what you political minions take war to be, or what it entail to fund and carry out a war. I wonder if it's with this precarious Nigerian economy that would be used for a conflict on a matter that does not concern nor directly threaten our sovereignty.

your ignorance is top notch

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by budaatum: 2:24am On Aug 05, 2023
ozo13:
I once watch a documentary about uranium mine in Niger republic and the village near by aren't benefiting anything from the God given gift.Omo bad leaders choke for Africa .
The citizens were complaining abt contamination to the point radioactive readers were use to check residential walls as well as class rooms , they were reading significant values that is harmful to health

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gLqjii0bro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioRtzOWm07A
Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by cyprus000: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2023
leofab:
your ignorance is top notch
Coming from a bimbo, I have no worry.
Re: Niger Republic Citizens Cry They Live Like Slaves by Exceed15: 7:37am On Aug 07, 2023
Military overturned the government and the people are rejoicing. It speaks volumes. Democratic government has brought nothing but poverty on the people while they enrich their generation unborn.

(1) (Reply)

Gaza Must Be Smaller - Israeli Minister / Operation Libya And The Battle For Oil: Redrawing The Map Of Africa / Official: Uk Babes Are Fattest And Bakassiless In Europe!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.