Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,491 members, 7,843,494 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 (728 Views)

INEC Final List: North-West, South-West Top 93 Million Voter Register / Constituency Projects: South West Gets Least Allocation In 2019 / Afenifere, Ohanaeze Kick As North-west Gets Nine Senior Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by Addme: 8:54am On Aug 03, 2023
•Ex-govs, Senators, others make Tinubu’s final list •Senate to reconvene Friday for continuation of screening •As Alake pushes for social media regulation, 5 others screened

From Fred Itua, Abuja

Seven days after the submission of a list of 28 ministerial nominees to the Senate, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Wednesday submitted a fresh batch of 19 names.

With the new names, the total number of ministerial nominees has now come to 47, the highest since the return of the country to democracy in 1999.

Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila, submitted Tinubu’s supplementary ministerial list to the Senate at 3.18 pm during the extended screening of nominees in the Committee of the Whole.

President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio received the list contained in a white envelope.

Mr Lateef Fagbemi, SAN, was the nominee being screened when Gbajabiamila was allowed into the Senate chambers after the Senate Leader, Opeyemi Bamidele invoked the necessary provision of the Senate Standing Rules in order to admit him to deliver the executive communication.

According to the letter Abdullahi Tijjani Gwarzo, Bosun Tijani, Dr Maryam Shetty, Isiak Salako, Tunji Alausa, Dr Yusuf Tanko Sununu, Adegboyega Oyetola, Atiku Bagudu and Bello Matawalle.

Other new nominees are Ibrahim Geidam, Simon Lalong, Lola Ade John, Shuaibu Abubakar Audu, Prof Tahir Mamman, Senator Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi, Senator Alkali Ahmed Saidu, Senator Heineken Lokpobori, Uba Maigari Ahmadu and Zaphaniah Bitrus Jisalo.

While other geopolitical zones got at least two nominees, the South East geopolitical got only nominee per State.

Out of the 47 nominees, Ebonyi, Enugu, Anambra, Imo and Abia States respectively, got only five slots.

A breakdown of the ministerial nominees shows that North West has 10 (Kano, Kebbi, Katsina have 2 slots each)

North East has eight (Taraba, Bauchi have 2 slots each). North Central has seven (Niger has 2 slots and FCT)

South West has nine (Ogun has 3, Lagos has 2 slots). South East has 5 (No state with an additional slot). South South has seven (Cross River has 2 slots)

The ministerial nominees by geopolitical zones reveal that North West – 10, South West- 9, North East- 8, North Central- 8, South South- 7, and South East- 5, making it a total of 47

States with more than one are Ogun- 3, Lagos- 2, Niger- 2, Katsina- 2, Kano- 2, Bauchi- 2, Kebbi- 2, Taraba- 2, Cross River- 2.

The Senate is expected to reconvene on Friday, 4th of August 2023 for the continuation of the ministerial confirmation hearing.

Meanwhile, immediate-past spokesman to Tinubu and a ministerial nominee, Dele Alake, has called for the regulation of social media.

Alake spoke during the ongoing ministerial confirmation hearing on Wednesday. He claimed that if the social media space is left unchecked, Nigeria could run into trouble.

He said: “There are concerns about the social media. There are positive and negative sides. The downside is so detrimental to a decent and good society. I support strengthened regulations. During my time ad journalists, we didn’t have this issue.

“I’ll recommend strengthening of our laws and regulations of social media. I’ll support any actions from the National Assembly to handle the issue of social media.

“I’m not advocating absolute press freedom without responsibility. When an information is irresponsible, it can lead to chaos. I’ll uphold these views to my grave.”

Other nominees screened were Fagbemi, Muhammad Idris, Professor Ali Pate and Doris Anite Uzoka.

https://sunnewsonline.com/ministerial-list-north-west-gets-10-south-west-9-south-east-5/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by Taylor90: 8:54am On Aug 03, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by TemplarLandry: 8:54am On Aug 03, 2023
cool
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by shortgun(m): 8:55am On Aug 03, 2023
grin
Having political office holders from a particular region does not improve the lives of the people from that region in any way ironically they become poorer.

What matters is good governance.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 03, 2023
As it should be

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 03, 2023
Interesting...
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by Curse777: 8:58am On Aug 03, 2023
cool

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by AndyCole16(m): 9:20am On Aug 03, 2023
I think it's fair. Infact, place side by side with the above pics from statisense, it's cool.

Guys check my signature to see a New Way to Canada Permanent Residency.
Schedule a free appointment today

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by smileyoo: 9:21am On Aug 03, 2023
abegi, ministers or no ministers, not my main problems for now.
pls, my beloved nairalanders and kind hearted Nigerians, am in deep financial mess that could cost me a life, due to time -factor involved, therefore i need your kind assistance, no amount is too small.
the urgency involved, as regards the situation, made me to swallow my pride, and seek for help.
may God never allow us to face a confusing situation in our lifetime journeys.
this is my account number: 0016657356. Gtbank.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by sotall(m): 9:22am On Aug 03, 2023
undecided
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by jyz200(m): 9:23am On Aug 03, 2023
Okay
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by TooNoisy(f): 9:24am On Aug 03, 2023
What more does the SE want?

There is a constitutional requirement to nominate a minister from each state and he has fulfilled the requirement. Do you expect the SE to get the highest number of ministers when you all voted for Obi.

That is how democracy works. Biden will not fill his cabinet with Republicans neither will Rishi Sunak fill his cabinet with Labour MPs. It is only fair that your cabinet ministers are people that worked with and believed in you.

As you lay your bed, na so you go lay on top am.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by favor914: 9:24am On Aug 03, 2023
smileyoo:
abegi, ministers or no ministers, not my main problems for now.
pls, my beloved nairalanders and kind hearted Nigerians, am in deep financial mess that could cost me a life, due to time -factor involved, therefore i need your kind assistance, no amount is too small.
the urgency involved, as regards the situation, made me to swallow my pride, and seek for help.
may God never allow us to face a confusing situation in our lifetime journeys.
this is my account number: 0016657356. Gtbank.
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by Mfetenang: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2023
Why did Tinubu give IPOB people ministerial positions?
I don't like President Tinubu anymore. IPOB goats deserve nothing from this administration.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by kettykings: 9:26am On Aug 03, 2023
This is laughable so south east got just 5 slots , I am sure if it were possible they would have modified the constitution to give south east non
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by kettykings: 9:29am On Aug 03, 2023
I have said it time without number that Nigeria cannot manage its diversity.

You can imagine if it was the other way around an igbo president give south west 5 positions out of about 47 positions
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by OmoOlomo1: 11:29am On Aug 03, 2023
shortgun:
grin
Having political office holders from a particular region does not improve the lives the people from that region in any way ironically they become poorer.

This is understandable but this is Nigeria where Federal character is more pronounced than competence. So everything the government does must be seen to be fair to all and sundry
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by wegevv: 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
shortgun:
grin
Having political office holders from a particular region does not improve the lives the people from that region in any way ironically they become poorer.

Na so

If the economy gets better then most hard working Nigerians will be very okay whether or not their tribesmen are in office

Unambitious Nigerians however only survive on the emotional elation from the seeming display of tribal superiority

If that is enough for them then who are we to judge lol. Make them use am full belle
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by SpatialKing(m): 12:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
TooNoisy:

There is a constitutional requirement to nominate a minister from each state and he has fulfilled the requirement. Do you expect the SE to get the highest number of ministers when you all voted for Obi.

That is how democracy works. Biden will not fill his cabinet with Republicans neither will Rishi Sunak fill his cabinet with Labour MPs. It is only fair that your cabinet ministers are people that worked with and believed in you.

You guys are the once complaining on behalf of SE..

We don't give a fck about how many ministers come from SE..

Osinbajo was VP for 8yrs what did he do for Ogun state, Trader Moni? 😁

1 Like

Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by Addme: 2:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
Curse777:
cool
Lol. It's more like a pattern.
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by tsdarkside(m): 8:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
the federal level is an issue to you nigerians....
Re: Ministerial List: North West Gets 10, South West 9, South East 5 by KwuoteYourFada: 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
TooNoisy:

Did anybody complain?

Abeg gettat grin

(1) (Reply)

Chicago Update: 15 Reasons Why Nigerian Universities, Dons, Scholars Are Silent / Appointment Of 24-year-old Fresh Graduate As FERMA Chairman Sparks Outrage / I Have Seen Enough!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.