Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group (31039 Views)

Asake Brought Out Tunde Baiyewu At His 02 Arena Show. / MUSIC: Tunde (styl-plus) – My Heart / Tiwa Savage Wins AFRIMA 2017 Best Female West African Act. Beats Yemi Alade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Racoon(m): 11:10am On Aug 03, 2023
The group Styl-Plus (originally STYL) is a Nigerian R&B and pop musical group. The founding members were Shifi Emoefe, Tunde Akinsanmi, Yemi Akinwonmi, and Lanre Faneyi, the name STYL being an abbreviation of the founders' first names.

STYL was formed in 1997 in Akure, Nigeria and made up of four members. In 2001, the group sang mainly pop and love songs. In 1999, after Lanre Faneyi's death, and the addition of Zeal Onyecheme, the name of the group was changed to Styl-Plus. In 2002 Yemi Akinwonmi left the group to pursue another career.

All The members of the group attended the Federal University of Technology in Akure. Styl-Plus has been dubbed Africa's "Boys II Men" due to their ability to deliver heartfelt emotional ballads.

The successful group of talented artists with their vocal harmonies, catchy tunes, melodies, R&B style, combined with meaningful and storytelling lyrics are a union between English and their native tongue Yoruba, spoken in Nigeria.

Styl-plus's first two albums include tracks like "Olufunmi", "Imagine That" (Produced by Tunde Akinsanmi), "Run Away", "Call My Name", "Stay Alive" and "Four Years". Other releases include "Unbreakable", "Ready to Go", "On the Dance Floor" featuring Jesse Jagz, "Ka Fo Lo (Let's Fly Away)", "Jekeserelo" featuring Chics Bad Boy Slim (produced by Tunde Akinsanmi) and "Baby Mo".

Tunde recently left the group to pursue a solo career

[b]Their greatest hits are
👉 Olufunmi
👉 Call my name
👉 Imagine that
Styl-Plus

The group Styl-Plus (originally STYL) is a Nigerian R&B and pop musical group. The founding members were Shifi Emoefe, Tunde Akinsanmi, Yemi Akinwonmi, and Lanre Faneyi, the name STYL being an abbreviation of the founders' first names.

STYL was formed in 1997 in Akure, Nigeria and made up of four members. In 2001, the group sang mainly pop and love songs. In 1999, after Lanre Faneyi's death, and the addition of Zeal Onyecheme, the name of the group was changed to Styl-Plus. In 2002 Yemi Akinwonmi left the group to pursue another career.

All The members of the group attended the Federal University of Technology in Akure.
Styl-Plus has been dubbed Africa's "Boys II Men" due to their ability to deliver heartfelt emotional ballads.

The successful group of talented artists with their vocal harmonies, catchy tunes, melodies, R&B style, combined with meaningful and storytelling lyrics are a union between English and their native tongue Yoruba, spoken in Nigeria.

Styl-plus's first two albums include tracks like "Olufunmi", "Imagine That" (Produced by Tunde Akinsanmi), "Run Away", "Call My Name", "Stay Alive" and "Four Years". Other releases include "Unbreakable", "Ready to Go", "On the Dance Floor" featuring Jesse Jagz, "Ka Fo Lo (Let's Fly Away)", "Jekeserelo" featuring Chics Bad Boy Slim (produced by Tunde Akinsanmi) and "Baby Mo".

Tunde recently left the group to pursue a solo career

Their greatest hits are
👉 Olufunmi
👉 Call my name
👉 Imagine that
👉 Four years
👉 Ima

#NigeriaMusicChart #nigeriamusichistory #afrobeats #trending #top20nigeriachart #Stylplus

Cc: Nigeria Music Chart (Benjamin Kunle Ishola)Four years 👉 Ima[/b]

#NigeriaMusicChart #nigeriamusichistory #afrobeats #trending #top20nigeriachart #Stylplus

Cc: Nigeria Music Chart (Benjamin Kunle Ishola)

The group Styl-Plus (originally STYL) is a Nigerian R&B and pop musical group / quartet. The founding members were Shifi Emoefe, Tunde Akinsanmi, Yemi Akinwonmi, and Lanre Faneyi, the name STYL being an abbreviation of the founders' first names.

Styl-Plus

-Origin: Akure-Ondo, Nigeria
-Genres Pop, R&B
-Years active1997–present
-Labels: STYL-PLUS
-Members: Shifi Emoefe, Tunde Akinsanmi
Zeal Onyecheme
-Past members: Lanre Faneyi (deceased)
Yemi Akinwonmi.

In 1998 Lanre Faneyi died, and Zeal Onyecheme joined the group. This led to the group being renamed Styl-Plus, the "Plus" denoting the new addition to the group.

In 2002 Yemi Akinwonmi left the group unofficially and the musical band became a trio without adding a new member. Starting 2003, the group officially had its own record label, STYL-PLUS. On Thursday November 15, 2018, it was reported that Tunde Akinsanmi left the group in 2012 and adopted a new stage name "Tunde Tdot", leaving Shifi and Zeal who currently act as the flag bearers of the group.

History: STYL was formed in 1997 in Akure-Ondo State Nigeria and made up of four members. In 2001, the group sang mainly pop and love songs. In 1999, after Lanre Faneyi's death, and the addition of Zeal Onyecheme, the name of the group was changed to Styl-Plus. In 2002 Yemi Akinwonmi left the group to pursue another career.All The members of the group attended the Federal University of Technology in Akure.

Styl-Plus has been dubbed Africa's "Boyz II Men" due to their ability to deliver heartfelt emotional ballads.  The successful group of talented artists with their vocal harmonies, catchy tunes, melodies, R&B style, combined with meaningful and storytelling lyrics are a union between English and their native tongue Yoruba, spoken in Nigeria.

Styl-Plus's first two albums include tracks like "Olufunmi", "Imagine That" (Produced by Tunde Akinsanmi), "Run Away", "Call My Name", "Stay Alive" and "Four Years". Other releases include "Unbreakable", "Ready to Go", "On the Dance Floor" featuring Jesse Jagz, "Ka Fo Lo (Let's Fly Away)", "Jekeserelo" featuring Chics Bad Boy Slim (produced by Tunde Akinsanmi) and "Baby Mo".[5][6]

Releases: In late October 2003, under the old management (Joey & T-Jazz), they released two singles to radio stations. In February 2006, they released their highly anticipated 11 track debut album "Expressions".

The spectacular, star-studded album launch in Abuja and Lagos was rumored to have cost over N10 million (about $75,000) making it the most expensive album launch in Nigerian history. In August 2012, the group released "Alive" featuring rapper, Sunky.

Their singles "Olufunmi" and "Runaway" were amongst the most requested love songs on all the major Nigerian R&B radio stations between 2004 and 2005. "Imagine That" is the lead single from their official debut album, Expressions. It has also been a massive chart topper, and has been used in numerous shows, including the pioneer edition of Big Brother Nigeria.

Other songs like "Four Years" and " Iya Basira" were campus hits at the time of their release. Most graduating students still play "Four Years" at their send off party at various universities all over Nigeria.

In December 2016, Shifi and Zeal was signed up by Eskimo Records[7] and shortly released a new single "Aso Ibora" (meaning blanket) a day before Valentine in 2017.

Awards: The group has received numerous Nigerian National awards as well as International awards by Channel O, Amen Awards and Kora Award nominees. In 2005, Call My Name won best R&B video award by Channel O South African music station.

Discography: "Olufunmi""Olufunmi" (Remix) (featuring T Da Kapo)"Runaway""Call My Name""Imagine That""Hadiza""Iya Basira""Ima""Always On My Mind""Stay Alive""Drives Me Crazy""Drives Me Crazy" (Remix) (featuring 2 Shotz)"Four Years""When You Smile""Aso Ibora"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styl-Plus

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Racoon(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJeOkqC-x-0
My favourite track of this group; "IMAGINE THAT"

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Racoon(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2023
..Styl-Plus has been dubbed Africa's "Boys II Men" due to their ability to deliver heartfelt emotional ballads.

These guys were really a delight to listen to then. Nostalgic times then I tell ya.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by dawnomike(m): 11:28am On Aug 03, 2023
Racoon:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styl-Plus nlfpmod

They were the real deal

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by nepapole(m): 11:53am On Aug 03, 2023
Good music back then unlike the noise polluting everywhere today

171 Likes 9 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Realestatevixen: 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Stylplus was my best music group back in the days. Their songs were really interesting but not vulgar, unlike what we have these days. It's well

A 3 bedroom bungalow located at Ota is available for sale. Owner has just retired and is relocating back to his country home, hence the need to sell the property.

The house Is a 3 bedroom bungalow on a 100 by 100 land.

✅Master bedroom ensuite

✅2 other bedrooms with wardrobe and water heater

✅Spacious sitting room with visitors toilet and dinning with Pop ceiling

✅A shop extension in front of the compound

✅Spacious compound well fenced and gates that can accommodate up to 3 cars.

✅ A borehole with reservoir tank

✅ A small garden

✅ The owner is currently in the compound

✅ All land and house documents available for perusal and verification

Price is 15M (slightlynegotiable). Located at Love bus stop Ota which is about 3 minutes drive from Canaanland. From the bust stop to the house is about 5 minutes drive.
Serious and interested persons please call or WhatsApp me on 080 6029 1729.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Shattuck(m): 1:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Damn one of my favs back then, I remember having a music book that had all the lyrics to some of their hits, olufunmi, did you call my name, love these guys, so much memories.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by MrsTwrite(f): 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
The good old days.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by koxi: 1:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
Was a hit back in the day

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Inobeyourmate: 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
They made our days back then, unlike now wey music no even get meaning again 💯❤️❤️

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by DevilishMan: 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
AFONJ-PLUS

9 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by C2Ok: 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
Are music Groups and music Bands the same thing?
If no, then what’s the difference?👀
Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Franzinni: 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
grin
Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Vifx: 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
Good old days

5 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by LeopardX: 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
Even though I was a very small boy that time, I loved their songs so much.

Nothing lasts forever. Enjoy your life, time and season while you can. No time for beef and unnecessary hatred and comparison.

It is well.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by jargonzboi(m): 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
Favorite track: "Call my name".

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by zanebaddo(m): 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
Any one who knew me back then knew my underlying love for these guys.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by slawomir: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Iyabasira was my favourite

Infact let me listen to their songs now on boomplay if I will see it there
Or audio mac

But the truth is that this style plus and whole lot of other old artists were not too good like too good

The reason we feel they were good is because of the nostalgia or rather nolstagic feelings it gives us now

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by LibertyRep: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
Call my name
Iya Basira

6 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by femmykenny: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
My favorite guys

2 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Segzy19: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
When music was still clean, calming and made sense to the mind and society.

Now it's all about the love of money, materialism, drugs, hooliganism and girls of easy virtue

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by PsychoTheRapist: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hehe!

Back in the 2000's
Y2K4-5

grin

Pocohantas and Candidlady were teenagers and still had something tight in between their legs grin

Now ENP's grin

If only we could see the future for ourselvesgrin

24 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by IjebuWarrior: 1:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
9ja retrogression...
Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by tnerro1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
When words in music had meaning, all we hear now is ur waist, bom bom , shake ur waist , do me something etc,

Chai , wetin Musa no go see for gate

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Obakoolex(m): 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
May our promising carrier not go down like this guys lipsrsealed

P square jazz dem grin
Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Curse777: 1:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
kiss

Damn how time flies

Style plus, Paul Play Dairo, Idris Abdulkarem, Hazardous, Tony Tetutula, Musiliu Ishola , PSquare, Dbanj Whyme

Prime time jamz
Ovation magazine
Encomium magazine
Complete Sport Newpaper

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Franzinni: 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
Those wey break coconut open nor be Dem come dey chop the coconut wey Dem break... No be jazz be that.

These guys changed Nigerian pop music for life becasue back then when they were in vogue, there was no competition. Funny how life goes . Today now Dem no even dey register as artist for where music dey go

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by MykellOni(m): 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
Attendance: Present ✔️
Everytime I try to settle down and have a wife, everytime I fail to make them smile.,
Everytime I try not to make them cry......
They turn and say goodbye.....
My favorite hit., Imagine that.....

10 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Ejiakusmith(m): 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
Listening 🎧🎧 to them back in 2003 I was I primary school 🎒🎒 it was like heaven was about to fall ..... They make my days back then

13 Likes

Re: THROWBACK: The Shifi, Tunde, Yemi And Lanre(STYL-plus) Musical Group by Utanisco(m): 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
Chai
Style plus that year

Call my name
I played this song for 12000 times that year

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria: Top 14 Songs Of 2014 / Download Album: Naira Marley - Lord Of Lamba [ep] Lol / Tiwa Savage Wins AFRIMA 2017 Best Female West African Act. Beats Yemi Alade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.