Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,906 members, 7,810,489 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. (40176 Views)

Why Is Sexual Sin Devil's Most Powerful Weapon? / The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Sonnetoshodi(m): 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hello everyone.

I've been celibate for 10 months. Till I had sex couple days ago.

Before that time, I saw my self as God's favorite.

But now I just feel like God and I had a quarrel.
It hurts so bad, cause it's now like I don't know how to go to him.

A week now I've not said my night or morning prayers.

Has God left me? Can we still be close?
Have I don't something unpardonable.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Acekidc4(m): 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
See this OneπŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜­

150 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Patented: 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
u do bad.....fine.
u come stay away from God..........na devil dey push you so.

not to trivialise sin but I believe Christ came for sinners and anything keeping you away from God................is not of God.

find your way back cos staying away is of no benefit

305 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 03, 2023
After that sin, you want to better your situation or you want to worsen it?

If you want to better it, then you pray. If you want to make it worse, you stay away from prayer.

Simple.

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
Yes
Yourself and God is fighting because you committed a sexual sin and you are going to hell fire
The only solution you have is to cut off your penis and remain celibate for life
That way,you can displace Jesus Christ and be God most favoured
Ode!!

Mumu no wan pray again because he committ d a sexual sin
Man, get the fvck down and pray for forgiveness
My God isn't wicked,he is merciful
He will forgive you!

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Sonnetoshodi(m): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Acekidc4:
See this OneπŸ˜πŸ˜†πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜­
For Your mind now, na you jaar pass. Leemao.
I greet you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Sonnetoshodi(m): 12:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Battlefield2:
Yes
Yourself and God is fighting because you committed a sexual sin and you are going to hell fire
The only solution you have is to cut off your penis and remain celibate for life
Ode!!

I hope this comment makes you feel happy.
Because you are clearly not happy, at all. Something they do you.
This is Nairaland, and not your father's app.
You can't call me ode to my face for sure.
Enjoy your facade.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Sonnetoshodi(m): 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
Patented:
u do bad.....fine.

not to trivialise sin but I believe Christ came for sinners and anything keeping you away from God................is not of God.

Alright thanks for the nudge.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:

I hope this comment makes you feel happy.
Because you are clearly not happy, at all. Something they do you.
This is Nairaland, and not your father's app.
You can't call me ode to my face for sure.
Enjoy your facade.

Name a location and let's meet
I will call you ode
You b pure mumu
Anuofia!

8 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Sonnetoshodi(m): 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
UnusualEmissary:
After that sin, you want to better your situation or you want to worsen it?

If you want to better it, then you pray. If you want to make it worse, you stay away from prayer.

Simple.

You are right.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by FxMasterz: 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

My brother. If you know how loving, caring and emphatic God is, you wouldn't be scared to go back to Him in repentance.

He's eagerly waiting for you to repent so that He can continue relating with you.

The Bible says 'A child of God does not sin, but when we sin, we have an advocate with the Father - Christ Jesus.' The Apostle John says God is faithful and just to forgive us all our iniquities.

Please run to Him for pardon. You can't know the extent of His love for you until you do so.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Sonnetoshodi(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
FxMasterz:

My brother. If you know how loving, caring and emphatic God is, you wouldn't be scared to go back to Him in repentance.

He's eagerly waiting for you to repent so that He can continue relating with you.

The Bible says 'A child of God does not sin, but when we sin, we have an advocate with the Father - Christ Jesus.' The Apostle John says God is faithful and just to forgive us all our iniquities.

Please run to Him for pardon. You can't know the extent of His love for you until you do so.

Thank you so much for this words.
Thank you.

10 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Shinjawestern: 1:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
Battlefield2:
Yes
Ode!!

Off point

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Kobojunkie: 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
β–  Hello everyone. I've been celibate for 10 months. Till I had sex couple days ago. Before that time, I saw my self as God's favorite. But now I just feel like God and I had a quarrel. It hurts so bad, cause it's now like I don't know how to go to him. A week now I've not said my night or morning prayers. Has God left me? Can we still be close? Have I don't something unpardonable.
This is your guilt talking and manipulating you abeg! At least learn and know this. undecided

Anyways, how can you become God's favorite without God's own approval of you? I am afraid that feeling you formerly had was also a delusion and not real. To be God's favorite means to be holy/perfect and Righteous; And yes, it is not impossible to be perfect and Righteous. Being celibate is not it. Neither is engaging in prayer rituals. undecided

Holiness implies living one's life in continuous submission and adherance to the absolute teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Law you are to abide by in order that the Law may abide in you. Righteousness involves doing the works commanded by God in Holiness. It is only those who live their lives in continuous submission to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the Holy and Righteous that God said are men after His own heart--- those He loves and blesses. Engaging in meaningless rituals like what you described means absolutely nothing when it comes to God's love. He is not moved by rituals but by obedience. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Sonnetoshodi(m): 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
This is your guilt talking and manipulating you abeg! At least learn and know this. undecided

Anyways, how can you become God's favorite without God's own approval of you? I am afraid that feeling you formerly had was also a delusion and not real. To be God's favorite means to be holy/perfect and Righteous; And yes, it is not impossible to be perfect and Righteous. Being celibate is not it. Neither is engaging in prayer rituals. undecided

Holiness implies living one's life in continuous submission and adherance to the absolute teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, God's Law you are to abide by in order that the Law may abide in you. Righteousness involves doing the works commanded by God in Holiness. It is only those who live their lives in continuous submission to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the Holy and Righteous that God said are men after His own heart--- those He loves and blesses. Engaging in meaningless rituals like what you described means absolutely nothing when it comes to God's love. He is not moved by rituals but by obedience. undecided

So if I disobey, then I'm damned forever?
I thought we lived under grace and not law.
Your prayers are meaningless, doesn't make mine meaningless.
Plus why are you fighting yourself lol.

5 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Kobojunkie: 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
β–  So if I disobey, then I'm damned forever?
β–  I thought we lived under grace and not law.
β–  Your prayers are meaningless, doesn't make mine meaningless.
Plus why are you fighting yourself lol.
Look, all your have is religion and not God. God never gave religion to men and God warned men against religion. So living by what are religious codes means absolutely nothing where God is concerned. undecided

2. Whoever told you that lie is of religion and not God. Jesus Christ is God's new agreement aka Law/Covenant promised by God to His people and as Jesus Christ made clear in His Gospel, those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. What that means is that if you do not submit to and obey everyone of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ on a continuous basis --- Holiness--- you will never see God. undecided

3. God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; no matter how hard they pray,God never answers it because the offerings, tithes, praises, prayers, works, givings, etc.. of the unrighteous are tainted with their sins and are abominations unholy for God. So the meaninglessness of your religious rituals were established by God Himself and not my person. So, I am not the one fighting anything. undecided

Wake up from your guilt and also your religious delusion there. God has no interest in what religion tells you of Him nor does He care about your sincere adherance to your religious ritual. He is only interested in your submission and obedience of Him. undecided
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Sonnetoshodi(m): 2:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Look, all your have is religion and not God. God never gave religion to men and God warned men against religion. So living by what are religious codes means absolutely nothing where God is concerned. undecided

2. Whoever told you that lie is of religion and not God. Jesus Christ is God's new agreement aka Law/Covenant promised by God to His people and as Jesus Christ made clear in His Gospel, those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. What that means is that if you do not submit to and obey everyone of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ on a continuous basis --- Holiness--- you will never see God. undecided

3. God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; no matter how hard they pray,God never answers it because the offerings, tithes, praises, prayers, works, givings, etc.. of the unrighteous are tainted with their sins and are abominations unholy for God. So the meaninglessness of your religious rituals were established by God Himself and not my person. So, I am not the one fighting anything. undecided

Wake up from your guilt and also your religious delusion there. God has no interest in what religion tells you of Him nor does He care about your sincere adherance to your religious ritual. He is only interested in your submission and obedience of Him. undecided

Hebrews 3 VS 12&13
Read it if you will.
You are clearly on the wrong path, and still battling with your ego.
Don't bother typing back.

2 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
β–  Hebrews 3 VS 12&13
Read it if you will.
You are clearly on the wrong path, and still battling with your ego.
Don't bother typing back.
You clearly don't have a real clue what the writer of the letter to the Hebrews means at all as you seem to think those verses justify your religious fervor. I suggest you read and understand first what Jesus Christ, the master, said of all those who chose the doctrines and traditions of men --- religion -- over the Truth of God, those of you who pretend the servant is greater than the Master - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 10 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by paxonel(m): 2:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.
I don't know why you people like putting God in a bad light, portraying him to the world as one wicked man who frowns when people have sex.

What you should bother is, how does you having sex affects you negatively or how does it affect the person you are having sex negatively?

You people should leave God out of your emotions o, he is not interested and he will not stop blessing you or being close to you so long you do other things right.

Have you ever seen a father disowning a child because he or she have sex?
You want to tell us that humans who don't disown their children are better than God abi?

4 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by sholay2011(m): 2:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
paxonel:
I don't know why you people like putting God in a bad light, portraying him to the world as one wicked man who frowns when people have sex.

What you should bother is, how does you having sex affects you negatively or how does it affect the person you are having sex negatively?

You people should leave God out of your emotions o, he is not interested and he will not stop blessing you or being close to you so long you do other things right.

Have you ever seen a father disowning a child because he or she have sex?
You want to tell us that humans who don't disown their children are better than God abi?
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by 49cents(m): 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

You are God's favourite before and AFTER sin.

God loves us when we were still sinners.

To stop to pray is because sinful acts breaks you...but you are in the best situation to pray humbly and more from the heart and not like the pharisees who felt they were holier than thou.

Start by telling God..."Father I don't feel like praying...or I don't feel like I am your favourite because of so and so..." that's solid prayer...not prayer that feels like an achievement but prayer that is a honest conversation

8 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
49cents:
β–  You are God's favourite before and AFTER sin.
God loves us when we were still sinners.

To stop to pray is because sinful acts breaks you...but you are in the best situation to pray humbly and more from the heart and not like the pharisees who felt they were holier than thou.
Start by telling God..."Father I don't feel like praying...or I don't feel like I am your favourite because of so and so..." that's solid prayer...not prayer that feels like an achievement but prayer that is a honest conversation
The statement in bold is one of the biggest lies of Christianity. According to Jesus Christ, God's love is instead stored up for those who obey God -- the holy and righteous, not those whose lives are racked with sin - John 15 vs 9 - 11 & John 13 vs 1. So where does this claim that God loves the sinners come from?. undecided
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Blue86(m): 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
My brother,

If you confess your sins, He is faithful and just to forgive you, and cleanse you from it.

And if any Christian brother sin, he has an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
And He is the propitiation for our sins as a Christian, and not only for us but for the whole world who comes to Him.

That's 1 John 1 : 9 to 1 John 2 : 1 - 3

4 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
You need the help of God's people if you want the Bible God to welcome you with open hands. It's a SPIRITUAL SICKNESS!
This is not the appropriate place to come rather go and meet the elders of your church and explain what happened to them.

Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the elders of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, applying oil to him in the name of Jehovah. And the prayer of faith will make the sick one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. James 5:14-15

These men aren't perfect but their gathering will call the attention of Jesus Christ {Matthew 18:20} and whatever they decide will be granted in heaven! Matthew 16:19

2 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by achorladey: 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

You don feel remorse already about what you did. Your God understand and sees your heart more than you do. You know how to go to him but allowing the guilt to weigh you down.

Jesus said.........

watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

6 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by achorladey: 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
You need the help of God's people if you want the Bible God to welcome you with open hands. It's a SPIRITUAL SICKNESS!
This is not the appropriate place to come rather go and meet the elders of your church and explain what happened to them.

Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the elders of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, applying oil to him in the name of Jehovah. And the prayer of faith will make the sick one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. James 5:14-15

These men aren't perfect but their gathering will call the attention of Jesus Christ {Matthew 18:20} and whatever they decide will be granted in heaven! Matthew 16:19

grin grin grin grin grin did he commit sin against God's people or Bible God?

It's a SPIRITUAL SICKNESS!

I thought your Bible sey sexual sin na against the person body. Where the spiritual sickness come from. Oh I remember those manuals given to you by your religious leaders grin grin grin grin

This is not the appropriate place to come rather go and meet the elders of your church and explain what happened to them

Which account in your Bible says so grin grin grin

Oga allow him open his mouth and heart to the Bible God and stop placing men high and above the usual

Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Mantul: 7:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
Hope you have been able to pray and read the bible
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Omotakins(m): 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
Patented:
u do bad.....fine.

Take this comment and act on it. Go to God in prayer, genuinely repent of your sin, ask Him to forgive and have mercy on you. Your sin shall be forgiven. Don't allow the devil to continue to guilt trip you and draw you away from God through that. Check 1 John 1:9.

2 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by majorgr: 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
Well there is one thing I've learnt from God, when you make a mistake, don't run from God, rather, that's the time you need to go close to him. Remember the devil is the accuser, he will accuse you of sin that is already under the blood. Remember what Jesus told the woman who committed adultery, "neither do I accuse you, go and sin no more". There's a purpose of failure, some times God allows us to fail so that we would come to the realisation that we need his grace to withstand the fiery trials and temptation we go through. We could easily slip to pride and boast among ourselves that it was our hard work and ability that kept us from sinning whereby it's the grace of God. Now you are one step less proud and have realised without God, you can't do anything.

Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

5 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by MightySparrow: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

[b]Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the elders of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, applying oil to him in the name of Jehovah. And the prayer of faith will make the sick one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. James 5:14-15[/b]

The OP is talking about sexual sin, you are talking about sickness. The laying of hands of your elders will erase his sins,

I laugh in Jehovah's Witnesses's paradise's language.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by MightySparrow: 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
achorladey:

grin grin grin grin grin did he commit sin against God's people or Bible God?

I thought your Bible sey sexual sin na against the person body. Where the spiritual sickness come from. Oh I remember those manuals given to you by your religious leaders grin grin grin grin

Which account in your Bible says so grin grin grin

Oga allow him open his mouth and heart to the Bible God and stop placing men high and above the usual

Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise

Can you see insincerity, confusion and delusion in his argument?

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by CDMHELPDESK007: 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

OP, ask for forgiveness of sins and use this servant Victor David deliverance prayer and you will thank me later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnx7S2FLVRI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Catholic Church Ordains Okara, A Kegite Club Member, As Priest / He Took Holy Communion And Had Sex After Church, Any Repercusion? / Sika Bofo Opens Money Ritual Church In Ghana, Jesus Favour Chapel International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.