Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. (460 Views)

Tinubu Opens Land, Air Borders With Niger Rep, Lifts Other Sanctions / If ECOWAS Attacks Our Country, They Will Have To March On Our Dead Bodies / Buhari Sympathizes With Niger Republic Over Terrorist Attack That Killed 70 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by Ekejoestar(m): 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
I don't think that Wagner group will like to confront Ecowas soldiers in battle in Niger due to Russian interest in Nigeria.

Since the start of russian SMO in Ukraine Russia has been shopping for international support every where it can. And allowing Wagner group to get engaged in Niger in the event of ecowas invasion will be counter productive for Russia in the international stage

It will simply push members of ecowas to adopt US and EU sanctions against Russia and Nigeria will likely sway majority of African nations to adopt the sanctions, which will be counter productive for Russia since most of the African nations have been on the sidelines since the start of this Ukraine conflict.

Mind you that Ecowas as presently constituted is made of 15 nations with only 10 of them likely to agree on an invasion, now from where will Russia/Wagner get the power to confront 10 (backed by US and EU arms and weaponery) African nations in battle here in Africa.

What do you think..

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by providencia(m): 2:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ekejoestar:
I don't think that Wagner group will like to confront Ecowas soldiers in battle in Niger due to Russian interest in Nigeria.

Since the start of russian SMO in Ukraine Russia has been shopping for international support every where it can. And allowing Wagner group to get engaged in Niger in the event of ecowas invasion will be counter productive for Russia in the international stage

It will simply push members of ecowas to adopt US and EU sanctions against Russia and Nigeria will likely sway majority of African nations to adopt the sanctions, which will be counter productive for Russia since most of the African nations have been on the sidelines since the start of this Ukraine conflict.

Mind you that Ecowas as presently constituted is made of 15 nations with only 10 of them likely to agree on an invasion, now from where will Russia/Wagner get the power to confront 10 (backed by US and EU arms and weaponery) African nations in battle here in Africa.

What do you think..

You are right about russia not getting involved. But, ecowas cannot afford to sanction russia.
Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by Ekejoestar(m): 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
providencia:

You are right about russia not getting involved. But, ecowas cannot afford to sanction russia.

Ecowas can use sanction as a last resort on Russia since most western nations are already in it and our trade volume with Russia isn't that much.
Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by ivolt: 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
Why are you guys shouting Wagner everywhere?
Ukraine or no Ukraine, Russia dare not openly fight against Ecowas.
Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by Riseup4: 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
MONEY MISS ROAD EVERYWHERE! He who comes to equity must do so with clean hands.
IS ATTACKING NIGER THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA?
Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by Christistruth03: 2:49pm On Aug 03, 2023
providencia:

ECOWAS can strangle the Niger coup leaders economically

and not even feel it

Wagner Group has no future in West Africa
Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by providencia(m): 3:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ekejoestar:

Ecowas can use sanction as a last resort on Russia since most western nations are already in it and our trade volume with Russia isn't that much.
What kind of sanctions do you think ecowas can impose on russia and it will not have an adverse effect on ecowas/Nigeria?
Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by providencia(m): 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
Christistruth03:

ECOWAS can strangle the Niger coup leaders economically

and not even feel it

Wagner Group has no future in West Africa
I'm actually talking about sanctions on russia and not niger
Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by a4cube: 3:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ekejoestar:

ECOWAS sanction Russia? Lol nothing I will not read here. Ordinary grain blockade from Russia nearly starved Africans.
Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by ican2020: 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
Op stop childish thinking and get busy with better things

In some places here in Nigeria many people cannot sleep with both eyes closed because of useless army robbers terrorizing them, the president should tackle first the issue of insecurity in Nigeria before looking elsewhere
Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by providencia(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
a4cube:
ECOWAS sanction Russia? Lol nothing I will not read here. Ordinary grain blockade from Russia nearly starved Africans.

This is what I am talking about. Africa in general is just too dependent to impose sanctions

1 Like

Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by Ogonimilitant(m): 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
A yoruba man as commander chief wants to declare war against Niger? You are joking. Tinubu can never go to war. Coward tribe. If France is relying on Tinubu, they will be disappointed .
Re: Here's Why I Think Russia/wagner Won't Side With Niger If Ecowas Invades. by Christistruth03: 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2023
providencia:

I'm actually talking about sanctions on russia and not niger

Sorry

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gbadamosi: When This Government Falls, Nigerians Shouldn't Let Them Escape / Election Rigging: Gabon president, Ali Bongo, overthrown by the military / Watch President Tinubu UNGA 78 Full Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.