Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,174 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs (5593 Views)

Is Owerri The Most Beautiful City In Nigeria Apart From Lagos & Abuja? / Owerri. The Magnificence Of A City In the East. / Lockdown: See How We Are Enjoying The Beautiful City Of Port Harcourt - PICTURES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by TajuDEENaMao: 7:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
I recently visited Owerri, the capital of Imo State and was amused at what I saw there. Beautiful scenery, building's and exotic places. This may be by far the most beautiful city in Nigeria.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by TajuDEENaMao: 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
More

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by julaion: 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
My beautiful home town

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by TajuDEENaMao: 7:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
The beautiful city of Owerri

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by TajuDEENaMao: 7:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
More from Owerri

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Creamcrest(m): 7:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
angry

Nothing to see here.

Very overhyped Owerri with terrible roads, insecurity everywhere.

Borno is safer than Owerri at the moment.

9 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by mistacoco2: 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
Owerri is beautiful no doubt

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Prokaryote: 7:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
Owerri is a beautiful city ya, but without brown roof is false.... visit world bank Area A,N,M,, Ama wire towards Orji , tetlow et al, you will still find some building with brown roof. Although, they still have the asthetic and organization.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by TajuDEENaMao: 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
More

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by TajuDEENaMao: 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
Creamcrest:
angry

Nothing to see here.

Stop acting childish, the Pictures here speak more than a thousand words.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by CuriousCart: 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
Modern roofing is the best.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by MXrep: 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
Aerial view of the city center

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Gladly38: 7:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
Depression too much hungry too much.
Wife left me and remarried leaving me with 2 children because I lost my job.
Uptil now I can't secure any work it painned me too much seeing my children cry for food and shelter while this woman destroy my life and am hopless now.

I tried to do valcunizing but I have no money I have no saving to buy it and start because of these children.
I planned to poison myself and them but I believe maybe they can still have a good life so let me end only mine.
Am lifeless already please adopt this children for me.
One is 8 years old girl and the other one is a boy atleat 3years old.
If a man has no wife and no job what's the point of living?
Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by ibechris(m): 8:08pm On Aug 03, 2023
Creamcrest:
angry

Nothing to see here.

Borno is safer than Owerri at the moment.

Then u are not a traveller.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by clearcrystal: 8:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
TajuDEENaMao:
I recently visited Owerri, the capital of Imo State and was amused at what I saw there. Beautiful scenery, building's and exotic places. This may be by far the most beautiful city in Nigeria.

Tell your brothers and uncles to stay back in that beautiful city and stop overcrowding lagos.
You people have taken all the single room self contain in Lagos you are chocking us

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Couldntfigurean: 8:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
clearcrystal:

Tell your brothers and uncles to stay back in that beautiful city and stop overcrowding lagos.
You people have taken all the single room self contain in Lagos you are chocking us
I think heaven will fall the day Yoruba people make mouth with other places in SW apart from Lagos
Everyday Lagos Lagos

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by gebest: 8:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
This was during Rochas Okorocha regim, Owerri is no longer as beautiful as this again. Everywhere don rough.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by gidgiddy: 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
clearcrystal:

Its the money you cant make in Lagos that they go Lagos to make so as to keep Owerri looking like that rather than look like Osogbo

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by LordBillionz: 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
clearcrystal:

Why always Lagos?
Why don't you boast with other states of the South West?

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by nnamdi640: 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
clearcrystal:

Tell you own brother to stop traveling to abroad and stay back in their brown roof

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by chigoziri2403(m): 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
These are aerial shots, Owerri people don't fly in the air to move from Douglas to Wetheral

The roads in owerri are terrible

Mechanics are cashing out big time
Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Corn247: 9:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
The number of whole houses is not even up to 100 and this is what they compare with SW cities.. Jokers grin
Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Broveens42(m): 10:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
gebest:
This was during Rochas Okorocha regim, Owerri is no longer as beautiful as this again. Everywhere don rough.

The roads are better generally than the substandard ones Rochas built.... Only from mcc road, you can connect egbu road through 4 to 5 routes , all tarred . there's no city in Nigeria that's expansively beautiful than owerri.

#ikenegbu

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Broveens42(m): 10:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
chigoziri2403:
These are aerial shots, Owerri people don't fly in the air to move from Douglas to Wetheral

The roads in owerri are terrible

Mechanics are cashing out big time

Truth be told, no matter how bad a road is in Owerri, it generally retains it's beauty because of world class town planning, landscaping and connectivity.
Owerri is the only city in Nigeria that retains it's beauty even with an untarred street road.

Now imagine if a black substance is poured on that street, you would have something like the second picture

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Broveens42(m): 10:18pm On Aug 03, 2023
Some cities in Nigeria are beautiful. But expansively beautiful? No city comes close to owerri... from new owerri to old owerri

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Broveens42(m): 10:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
Owerri is beautiful. A world class City because it is well planned, roads are an added advantage

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Broveens42(m): 10:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
Owerri is beautiful...
No city in Nigeria can snap their streets with a regular phone without editing..

Owerri

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Evaloyal2J(f): 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
Owerri bu ebeano. I must build a house in Owerri.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by WeirdAlien: 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
For clarifying...
Ibadan is the main western city that suffers the brown roofs bashing. I lived there before, so I know it's an exaggerated issue.

Ibadan had brown roofs for a reason. And you mostly find them at the old centre of the city.
This is because iron sheets was the most popular roofing material before asbestos and the likes got to the market.
Most of those brown roofs you see have been there for over a century! Many before 1930.
Educated people have abandoned those areas since the 1970s - more than 50 years ago.

I once had a colleague who spent more than 2 years in Ibadan and never knew those brown roofs existed until I took her on a tour to Beere, Mapo, and Premier hotel. And this is a lady that moved around a whole lot. I still remember her screaming at the sight.

My point. Visit Ibadan and you'll find out only a small fraction of the city has brown roofs. In fact, there's less than 5% chance you'll ever have any business to do in those areas.
Don't just look at pictures online and start saying what you don't know.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Broveens42(m): 10:34pm On Aug 03, 2023
How you know a beautiful city is when they are captured in the news for other reasons and not intentional.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by Shinjawestern: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
Okoro's land sad

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest
Re: Owerri: The Beautiful City Without Brown Roofs by gidgiddy: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
Been to Owerri many times, it is a beautiful city. I just hope that the APC idiot Governor, Hope Uzodimma, will be thrown out of office in the next elections so that insecurity in Imo will reduce

13 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

‘japa’: Young Nigerians Posts Pix On Twitter As They Flee In Droves / Your Accent:do You Think It Makes People Judge You Unfairly? / Please I Need Full Info On How My Wife Can Give Birth Outside Naija

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.