Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,805 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Help!!! Can Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Be Upgraded? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help!!! Can Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Be Upgraded? (1243 Views)

Will The Tecno Spark 6 Be Available In Nigeria? / Can Samsung A30s Be Updated 2 Android 10.i Want 2 Knw B4 I Buy / Can Samsung S10 Beat The The Huawei-honor View 20 With The Punch Hole ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Can Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Be Upgraded? by C2Ok: 8:35am On Aug 04, 2023
Hello my people, I have this Tablet, Galaxy Tab E 9.6 (SM-T561), the problem I have with the tablet is the android version, it’s currently running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, can an official custom rom of android 7.0 Nougat from Samsung be flashed into the tablet?

Re: Help!!! Can Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Be Upgraded? by Adewale1603(m): 9:06am On Aug 04, 2023
Don't try to do anything on it. Leave it the way it is at that Android 4.4 KitKat. Don't create problems, when there is none.

If you dearly desire for latest Android Os version, simply go for an upgrade by buying a new tablet
Re: Help!!! Can Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Be Upgraded? by aieromon(m): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2023
C2Ok:
Hello my people, I have this Tablet, Galaxy Tab E 9.6 (SM-T561), the problem I have with the tablet is the android version, it’s currently running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat, can an official custom rom of android 7.0 Nougat from Samsung be flashed into the tablet?

A custom ROM is your best bet.

DotOS running on Android 7.1.2 is highly recommended.
Re: Help!!! Can Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Be Upgraded? by C2Ok: 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
Adewale1603:
Don't try to do anything on it. Leave it the way it is at that Android 4.4 KitKat. Don't create problems, when there is none.

If you dearly desire for latest Android Os version, simply go for an upgrade by buying a new tablet
Guyyy, the tablet meets all my requirements o, in terms of battery and speed, it’s just that I can’t install certain apps again that need some higher levels of APIs and android version, for instance I can’t use WhatsApp and Netflix, that’s just why I need to upgrade it.
Re: Help!!! Can Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Be Upgraded? by C2Ok: 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
aieromon:

A custom ROM is your best bet.

DotOS running on Android 7.1.2 is highly recommended.

I’ve seen most of them on YouTube, they’re not bad oo, but I wanted something more official and some “Samsung UI” experience
Re: Help!!! Can Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Be Upgraded? by Adewale1603(m): 1:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
C2Ok:

Guyyy, the tablet meets all my requirements o, in terms of battery and speed, it’s just that I can’t install certain apps again that need some higher levels of APIs and android version, for instance I can’t use WhatsApp and Netflix, that’s just why I need to upgrade it.
that's what the tablet is optimized for. Android KitKat is old but not that too old, WhatsApp surely works with KitKat, just might not support some latest WhatsApp features. You can upgrade it to Android 5.0 lollipop. The hardware might not meet the requirements of nougat or Oreo.
Re: Help!!! Can Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Be Upgraded? by aieromon(m): 2:05pm On Aug 04, 2023
C2Ok:

I’ve seen most of them on YouTube, they’re not bad oo, but I wanted something more official and some “Samsung UI” experience

Samsung discontinued support at Android KitKat. If you desire something refreshing, buy a replacement.

Your tablet, your choice.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Please Nokia 6630 / How Can I Browse Free Of Charge With Opera Mini? / 1 Million Naira Worth Of Excess Airtime On Glo, Mtn, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.