Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,390 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders (1522 Views)

War On Niger Republic Will Be War On Northern Nigeria - Usman Yusuf / Gulak: We Can No Longer Coexist With Igbos In Nigeria – Northern Coalition / 4 Ways Joe Biden As United States President Will Affect Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by iwaeda: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2023
SaharaReporters reported on Sunday that ECOWAS directed the closure of Land and air borders between member states against the Niger Republic over a military coup d'etat that removed democratically elected president, Mohamed Bazoum from office.

The umbrella body of Northern Nigeria, the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), has warned President Bola Tinubu and the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) against military intervention in the Niger Republic.

SaharaReporters reported on Sunday that ECOWAS directed the closure of Land and air borders between member states against the Niger Republic over a military coup d'etat that removed democratically elected president, Mohamed Bazoum from office.

The Authority of Heads of State and Governments of ECOWAS, which Nigeria chairs also issued a seven-day ultimatum to the military in Niger Republic to restore the ousted President.

According to ECOWAS, if the demand is not met within one week, all measures necessary to restore constitutional order in the Republic of Niger, including the use of force, will be taken.

The West African regional body also ordered the freezing of all Niger State and the state enterprises and parastatals funds in commercial banks in all ECOWAS member states.

Nigeria Defence Headquarters, the high military command in Nigeria, on Thursday, said that military action is the last option to be taken to reverse the situation and return the government of the Republic of Niger to constitutional order, adding that it had not yet received such orders.

In a release obtained by SaharaReporters, Nigeria's high military command explained that the military chiefs in the West African sub-region had met and submitted their plans to the committee of Heads of State and Government of ECOWAS for consideration.

But reacting to the unfolding events following the coup in Niger, ACF warned that military intervention in the West African country would have consequences for Nigeria.

The organisation, which gave the warning in a statement issued on Friday through its General Secretary, Murtala Aliyu, called for dialogue to resolve the issue.

According to ACF, the use of military might in the Niger Republic will not guarantee peace and stability in the ECOWAS sub-region.

The statement partly read: “ACF, however, views with concern the unfolding events in Nigeria’s immediate neighbour, the Republic of Niger, and the potential impact on the region.

“The measures being contemplated should have taken into consideration the historical antecedents and mutual interests of the two countries and weighed the consequences of the use of military force.

“While the ACF recognises the ECOWAS position to bring pressure to bear on the perpetrators, nevertheless the military option shouldn’t be a prerequisite for Nigeria’s and the Community’s continuing efforts to enthrone democracy in the region in the 21st century."

ACF noted that though military intervention might yield a temporary solution, the result will come with repercussions for Nigeria as a leader and the regional body.

“To this end, ACF notes that while it supports the position to restore democratic rule in Niger, it calls on the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Government under the able Chairmanship of President Bola Tinubu, that it should toe the path of dialogue and diplomacy and certainly not force, in resolving the current impasse in Niger in the interest of peaceful coexistence with our brotherly neighbour and stability of the ECOWAS region,” it added.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/04/military-intervention-niger-republic-will-affect-nigeria-northern-leaders-warn-tinubu-0

1 Like

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by 001Lagos: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2023
The northern Nigeria will be where the bombs will be launched and dropped in retaliation 😂

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Alchemy528: 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
Best men's of the year
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by taylor88(m): 2:21pm On Aug 04, 2023
Lonely at the top……. Gbengbengbengben

It won’t affect Nigeria it will only affect North & South West

Nothing concern who dey PH

May this fight favor me and my family

Shebi na soldiers wey them dey owe salary wan go fight

Soldiers that their food allowance is N1200

No be who chop belleful go go fight?

Warrrrrrrr start

7 Likes

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Karlifate: 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2023
cheesy

The top of the Macro Dominance Hierarchy is a dangerous place. 💯

You will have to deal with High IQ Psychopaths, and even psychologically normal people who are willing to destroy you.

BAT is a master Machiavellian Executer, I know he'll find his way through this Nigeriens brouhaha cheesy

BTW, in every war, there are profiteers.
The profiteers would pull all strings at their disposal, to make it linger as long as they want.
kiss
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Tinububalls: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wetin concern Igboman.
Nigeria should go to war jare.
We told them don't attack, they called us haters.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Horus(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
It's not worth to fight this war because the war will cost too much.
Why not spend this money to build hospitals, schools, roads?

4 Likes

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Racoon(m): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
Well, the chicken has come home to roost. All of una must collect
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by christejames(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
No ooo

It will only affect Buhari and his brothers, trust me!

2 Likes

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Warl0ck: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
No, we are in support for it.

Abokis add no value to this country.
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by slimfit1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
I think Tinubu should focus on his own shakey democracy. There are alot of small majors that can end this fake democracy. Don't for once think you are safe. Don't go and throw our men 6ft. The military that can't contain Boko haram is for fit enough to fight another country.

1 Like

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Christistruth03: 2:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nigeria is already feeling Nigeria'sCoup
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by cybernaut(m): 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Hahaha. If Nigeria go to war in the name of ECOWAS block that's the end of Nigeria as a nation.

Our president will obey their European master than northern elders and it must come to pass
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by fourboys: 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
embarassed
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Bluntguy: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
I dey south. Nothing go affect me. Na north e go affect.
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Fugazy2023: 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
We must go to that war. We must go.
PBAT must not be pressured to stop
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Goddey18(m): 2:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
Diplomacy is the best way to settle this issue. An all out war is not the way forward.

1 Like

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by APC2: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
Military intervention in Niger will cause a sharp divide between northerners and southwest.
Killing fellow Hausas and Fulanis in niger to please France and USA will not go down well with northerners

1 Like

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by CodeTemplar: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
Power snatching is in the blood of Hausa Fulani stock. Don't take them serious.
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by orohbirodeysmel: 3:12pm On Aug 04, 2023
taylor88:
Lonely at the top……. Gbengbengbengben

It won’t affect Nigeria it will only affect North & South West

Nothing concern who dey PH

May this fight favor me and my family

Shebi na soldiers wey them dey owe salary wan go fight

Soldiers that their food allowance is N1200

No be who chop belleful go go fight?

Warrrrrrrr start

Wagner boys go use them play ping pong for inside Sahara desert...I remember Belarus President saying that Wagner and his boys wants to go on excursion...that they are blood thirsty
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Feintline: 3:14pm On Aug 04, 2023
Unconstitutional tinubu is desperate to hold on to power. He sees the war as a means to do that.

2 Likes

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Ikpunnegi01: 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
001Lagos:
The northern Nigeria will be where the bombs will be launched and dropped in retaliation 😂
Arewa people are just trying to be careful because South West is a little bit far from them. But na them go first collect before e go reach others..

1 Like

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by FreeStuffsNG: 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
“To this end, ACF notes that while it supports the position to restore democratic rule in Niger, it calls on the ECOWAS Authority of Heads of State and Government under the able Chairmanship of President Bola Tinubu, that it should toe the path of dialogue and diplomacy and certainly not force, in resolving the current impasse in Niger in the interest of peaceful coexistence with our brotherly neighbour and stability of the ECOWAS region,” it added.
Supported. That is why the Sultan of Sokoto and Gen Abdulsalami Abukakar were sent to them
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Saifullah01: 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
I agree

I am a Nigerian from the north and I do not support this war for the following reasons.

1. Nigeria has no strategic benefit in invading Niger at this time. Rather the strategic cost are more.
Show me one country we're military intervention worked and I will show you 10 where it failed:
Libya
Yemen
Syria
Iraq
Ukraine
Vietnam
Cambodia
Do we really want to have a wild wild Niger where no real authority is in power, and a heaven for arm dealers, terrorists and a guerrilla resistant movement in our Northern boarder

2. This hastened nature by which is being prosecuted. I still believe dialog can be given a chance and let the sanctions sink in.

3. There is every likelihood this might blow out to be a proxy war with war merchants fueling the conflict with small arms. Currently Mali l, Burkina Faso and I think Guinea are not in support of Ecowas action and have even threatened to exit the commission all together. Given that the economic wellbeing-as the name implies- of its citezens is the primary concern of the commission. Is it wise to fracture the commission because of political differences?

4. The small arms that Bubu was able to gather will just be wasted in Niger, and when real yawa gases in Africa, we are left to cut budgetary allocation to fund military action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by tinnymerit(m): 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
You want to bomb buhari Niger?
Buhari will not be happy seeing all his investment in that country being bombed. Less I forget,what about the rail from Nigeria to Niger?

1 Like

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by sotall(m): 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2023
This vawulence shall too favour me and my family
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Maazieze(m): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
Horus:
It's not worth to fight this war because the war will cost too much.
Why not spend this money to build hospitals, schools, roads?

this one has too much sense, he must be IPOB grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Kossyso: 4:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
When this invasion of Niger will backfire, let it be known that those that oppose it in the beginning, were called haters.
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Ikpunnegi01: 5:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
We must go to that War! Wetin you wan tell me again! Ebola must lead first!
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by Saifullah01: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
I hope the national assembly provide some sanity.
War na beans? Planing and executing military action in less than 3 weeks has all the hallmarks of ....
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by irepnaija4eva(m): 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
Saifullah01:
I hope the national assembly provided some sanity.
War na beans? Planing and executing military action in less than 3 weeks has all the hallmarks of ....

Failure..
But watch how idiots here will tag you an ipob..
Re: Military Intervention In Niger Republic Will Affect Nigeria, Northern Leaders by nonhuman(m): 7:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ipob northerners

We yorubas want war
It doesnt matter who is affected

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUST IN!!! Simon Ekpa Sends Strong Message And Warning To Ebuka Obi Over Arrest / Aviation Minister Replaced Finally- Femi Fani-kayode Replaces Aborishade / Chris Ngige And Peter Obi : Who Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.