Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,633 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns (1627 Views)

Nigeria Puts 5G Technology On Trial, Powered By MTN. Becomes First In West Afric / Nigeria To Run 5G Technology Trial For 3 Months – NCC / 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Isn’t Ready For 5G Technology In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by AdekunleSegun(m): 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Globacom, a well-known Nigerian internet service provider, has been in the telecom industry for years but recently its loyal customers, including myself have been very unsatisfied with the way they take things.
Unlike other networks, Globacom has been slow in adopting eSIM capabilities and 5G technology. With the iPhone 15 release approaching, the absence of eSIM support from Globacom is causing discontent among customers, and some are considering switching to competitors. This is very sad.

Mobile technology has shifted towards eSIM, a virtual SIM card that doesn't require a physical card. As eSIM becomes a standard feature in the latest smartphones, like iPhone 15, customers seek network providers with this advanced feature. With iPhones supporting both eSIM and physical SIM cards, the lack of eSIM from Globacom puts its customers at a disadvantage.

iPhone 14's release saw many customers leaving their Globacom SIM cards, as the American version uses eSIM technology ONLY. As iPhone 15 approaches, the absence of eSIM support from Globacom leaves iPhone users with limited options. They feel frustrated, unable to fully enjoy the latest iPhone features.

While other networks embrace 5G(although we all know it’s actually the speed of 4G+ they are offering us), offering faster internet and improved connectivity, Globacom has been slow to adopting it. The demand for 5G sparks curiosity among customers, questioning Globacom's reluctance. This may lead to a decline in customer satisfaction, as businesses and tech enthusiasts seek the full potential of 5G.

Globacom's hesitation may have repercussions. To stay competitive, network providers must adapt as customer expectations rise. Failure to do so may result in customer churn, with users choosing networks offering the latest features. The potential loss of loyal customers, like myself, concerns Globacom's reputation and market position.

In a tech-driven world, telecom companies, like Globacom, must embrace innovation and meet customer demands. The lack of eSIM and 5G support has left many customers dissatisfied, considering a switch to other networks. To retain customer loyalty, Globacom must evolve and adapt to the ever-changing mobile technology landscape. Embracing eSIM and 5G capabilities can secure Globacom's position as a leading internet service provider in Nigeria.

Re: Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by KennethEnyi(m): 10:44am On Aug 05, 2023
Is glo a network?😂

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by meobizy(f): 11:14am On Aug 05, 2023
LOL.
Re: Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by Digitalwitch: 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
Moni non dey
Re: Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by jesmond3945: 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
Globacom marketing model no too sharp.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by AdekunleSegun(m): 4:23am On Aug 08, 2023
Admin please don’t refused to push this to front page.
Re: Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by skywalker240(m): 6:55am On Aug 08, 2023
Globacom

The worst network in the whole universe

I still wonder why people still use glo 🤔
Re: Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by Aphrygian(m): 7:20am On Aug 08, 2023
The question is have you ever used glo before or your judgement is based on earsay? I have been using Glo since 2012 and I have never have any course to leave,I left for MTN cos of overhype 2017 and I didn't last 2months before I came back to glo
skywalker240:
Globacom

The worst network in the whole universe

I still wonder why people still use glo 🤔

1 Like

Re: Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by skywalker240(m): 7:35am On Aug 08, 2023
Aphrygian:
The question is have you ever used glo before or your judgement is based on earsay? I have been using Glo since 2012 and I have never have any course to leave,I left for MTN cos of overhype 2017 and I didn't last 2months before I came back to glo
If i didn't have an experience, would I be speaking of them?

Make a call with your MTN line to a glo number and make a call from your MTN line to other network and see great difference

Glo network is extremely poor in my almost all the places I base in Delta and Edo, coupled with the constant annoying call diversions like calling a contact on my phone and one random aboki pick up the call and shouts "salamalemku" i can go on

Except for the cheap Data (which in many occasions you experience network glitches and errors during browsing of which you won't even use it before it expires) nothing else

I bought glo Sim twice in 2014 and 2020, the recent one requested for my nin after my number was blocked, i didn't even bother to register my nin to it

Disgusting network, always the last in every innovation but always ready to pump money on ambassadors.
Re: Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by Ikaeniyan0: 11:24am On Aug 08, 2023
skywalker240:

If i didn't have an experience, would I be speaking of them?

Make a call with your MTN line to a glo number and make a call from your MTN line to other network and see great difference

Glo network is extremely poor in my almost all the places I base in Delta and Edo, coupled with the constant annoying call diversions like calling a contact on my phone and one random aboki pick up the call and shouts "salamalemku" i can go on

Except for the cheap Data (which in many occasions you experience network glitches and errors during browsing of which you won't even use it before it expires) nothing else

I bought glo Sim twice in 2014 and 2020, the recent one requested for my nin after my number was blocked, i didn't even bother to register my nin to it

Disgusting network, always the last in every innovation but always ready to pump money on ambassadors.
Base on mtn hot deal, I doubt Glo data is still cheaper than MTN data.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Globacom's Reluctance In Embracing Esim And 5G Technology: Customer Concerns by skywalker240(m): 3:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Base on mtn hot deal, I doubt Glo data is still cheaper than MTN data.
Yes that is also true

(1) (Reply)

Call Activation / Airtel 3g Coverage In Festac? / Turn Your Android Phone To Blackberry, Jarva And Android Device. I.e 3 In 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.