Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? (1282 Views)

Conference Of Yoruba Obas Has Unanimously Endorsed Tinubu - Ooni Of Ife / The Ijaw National Congress Unanimously Endorse Peter Obi For President / Dayo Adeyeye: 16 APC Governors Supporting Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by DeOTR: 8:08am On Aug 05, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

It's either you're ignorant of the existencial threat on Northern Nigeria or knows it but covertly hoping it will happen for whatever wicked reasons.

There are millions of Northerners who are poor, unemployed and ready to cause anarchy with little motivation. Once war breaks out, Niger will be ravaged, small arms proliferation will provide a new means of engagement for the thousands of youths who are idle and hungry in the North. They will turn against the rest of the country and cause anarchy. Those in the South will push back, but those in the North will be too overwhelmed to mount any resistance.

I'm even surprised that Biafra secessionists are not excited because they're the ones that ought to be playing the roles Tinubu supporters are currently playing. A war in Niger and collapse of North will make Nigeria's breakup much easier.
Nobody is waging any war in Niger. The instability in Niger is already a problem in Nigeria in case you don't know it.
How do you suggest we manage the imminent crisis situation that'll come with this military rule? The whole Niger population should just empty into Nigeria, right?
Do you even know the numbers of Niger refugees we have in Nigeria?
If diplomacy fails, we have to find any means to reinstate the elected President. Whoever is sponsoring the coup should find a way of working with him.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by Polchiz(m): 8:16am On Aug 05, 2023
computer0810:

Point of correction no one is expected to fight except the military.....its invading of Niger not Nigeria......its the coup army defending themselves against ECOWAS military not the other way round
When you invade Niger, Niger army will do what?
Fold their hands and watch you chase their president away?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by ImDStar: 8:19am On Aug 05, 2023
This your useless statement against the Yorubas in general is uncalled for. Don't let some of us who are Obi die hard fan start hating everything about him and Igbos in general.
Stop making everybody your enemy.
Nevertheless, I still want Peter Obi to reclaim our mandate.
Hedonisco:
It is not about Niger Republic. The Yorubas are almost unanimous in their very disgusting support for their bastard brother they call BAT. From the 'enlightened' and cosmopolitan Yorubas to the illiterate ones. The best among them choose to form a loud silence or seeming indifference.

What is most heartbreaking is the realisation that these people are demonic bigots, to the extent of not even wanting nationalists or moderates from among them to be president. They want a closet bigot with ways and means to propagate and cement a warped sense of Yoruba supremacy of some sort. At all cost. . That's why they detested and still detest Obasanjo. That's why they scoffed at someone like Osibanjo. A discredited criminally unworthy entity like BAT is their pride and joy for reasons that only leave a sour taste in the mouth.

IWhat we are witnessing is the worst in Nigeria's history.... Even worse than what northerners have been doing when their people were in power.

I have cancelled almost all my Yoruba associates. Without remorse. And it would remain like that forever because I never forget, and never forgive.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by GODPUNISHALABI: 8:27am On Aug 05, 2023
Hedonisco:
It is not about Niger Republic. The Yorubas are almost unanimous in their very disgusting support for their bastard brother they call BAT. From the 'enlightened' and cosmopolitan Yorubas to the illiterate ones. The best among them choose to form a loud silence or seeming indifference.

What is most heartbreaking is the realisation that these people are demonic bigots, to the extent of not even wanting nationalists or moderates from among them to be president. They want a closet bigot with ways and means to propagate and cement a warped sense of Yoruba supremacy of some sort. At all cost. . That's why they detested and still detest Obasanjo. That's why they scoffed at someone like Osibanjo. A discredited criminally unworthy entity like BAT is their pride and joy for reasons that only leave a sour taste in the mouth.

IWhat we are witnessing is the worst in Nigeria's history.... Even worse than what northerners have been doing when their people were in power.

I have cancelled almost all my Yoruba associates. Without remorse. And it would remain like that forever because I never forget, and never forgive.
calm down bro not all yorubas voted tinubu be well informed ...I have met alot I mean alot that campaigned and vote obi....the leading voices of obi are even yorubas falz rufai hundeyin marcoroni

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by Tochi3(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2023
grin grin

Wahala be like truth

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by SOSinNigeria: 11:31am On Aug 05, 2023
DeOTR:

Nobody is waging any war in Niger. The instability in Niger is already a problem in Nigeria in case you don't know it.
How do you suggest we manage the imminent crisis situation that'll come with this military rule? The whole Niger population should just empty into Nigeria, right?
Do you even know the numbers of Niger refugees we have in Nigeria?
If diplomacy fails, we have to find any means to reinstate the elected President. Whoever is sponsoring the coup should find a way of working with him.

Funny. On the contrary, there are over 300,000 NIGERIAN REFUGEES in Niger republic! Guess what? They all will be sent packing once the war starts. Hundreds of thousands more will join them in moving to Nigeria. Won't you start shouting ronu again when those massive numbers start flooding Lagos? Burkina Faso and Mali are both under military rulers, have their countries become destroyed? Why would Niger be any different?

You're not waging war but you're threatening to invade them by tomorrow if the coup leaders don't reinstall the former president? Now, they've vowed not to bring him back, what will you guys do?
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by SOSinNigeria: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2023
Polchiz:

When you invade Niger, Niger army will do what?
Fold their hands and watch you chase their president away?

Lol, it can be funny listening to their warped mindsets and very illogical thought process. Niger is a sovereign nation. The people are even holding massive rallies in support of the army for removing the corrupt politicians, yet my yoruba compatriots decided they must play God in Niger republic. They know what is best for the Nigeriens than the people themselves.

Even when their brother they're supporting to play God in their country is himself illegally imposed!

So, Nigeriens will roll out red carpet to receive Ebola's army when they invade their country 🤡🤡.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by SOSinNigeria: 11:46am On Aug 05, 2023
Kalakulu:
Yorubas are so stupid that they forget the outcome of escalating aby crisis in Niger through military intervention will inevitably lead to a refugee crisis from Niger republic not only across our porous Northern borders with Niger, but there will also be a downstream of those refugees pouring down South as well, and guess where they will migrate to first? LAGOS!! And these refugees will come with more crimes, and proliferation of dangerous arms and ammunition as well.

This is how shortsighted these people are
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by Gboom: 12:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
Seun.
This kind of topic that denigrates Yorubas is uncalled for, it is promoting bigotry at its best.
If other social media are allowing this, please put more stringent measure to curtail this tribal hatred.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by Nicetry: 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
When a coward beats the drum of war go back to sleep..IBB...it is in their gene to beat drum of war and run later..ilorin is lost forever..youruba people are very stupid and cursed tribe
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by enemybulldozer(m): 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
SOSinNigeria:
I have observed a very disturbing situation in Nigeria. Since Tinubu began his war mongering and threats to invade Niger republic, most Yorubas are supporting him passionately. I have also observed that most Northerners are against going to war against
Niger republic. While Igbos mostly appear to be warning against invasion of Niger republic.

The question is why are yorubas passionately supporting war against Niger? A tribe that is never known for war mongering has suddenly become lions pushing their brother Tinubu to go to war against Niger republic. Is it because it will be fought in the North, between Hausas, Fulanis and Kanuris in both sides. A war that will turn Northern Nigeria into a wasteland where terrorists will forever rule over? A war that will result in millions of refugees flooding down South?

I will like to ask, if this a war against Benin republic, would Yorubas also support it the way they're supporting war against Niger? Knowing that Lagos and their region will be the war front?

Why the hypocrisy? Why the double standards?
That tribe is known for that, infact na their second names be that.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by coputa(m): 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
SOSinNigeria:
I have observed a very disturbing situation in Nigeria. Since Tinubu began his war mongering and threats to invade Niger republic, most Yorubas are supporting him passionately. I have also observed that most Northerners are against going to war against
Niger republic. While Igbos mostly appear to be warning against invasion of Niger republic.

The question is why are yorubas passionately supporting war against Niger? A tribe that is never known for war mongering has suddenly become lions pushing their brother Tinubu to go to war against Niger republic. Is it because it will be fought in the North, between Hausas, Fulanis and Kanuris in both sides. A war that will turn Northern Nigeria into a wasteland where terrorists will forever rule over? A war that will result in millions of refugees flooding down South?

I will like to ask, if this a war against Benin republic, would Yorubas also support it the way they're supporting war against Niger? Knowing that Lagos and their region will be the war front?

It's not Tinubu that want to send troops to Niger republic. it's an ECOWAS consensus.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by WorldRichest: 12:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

If you concentrate on your life, then you may not beg for food like those before you
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by DeOTR: 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Funny. On the contrary, there are over 300,000 NIGERIAN REFUGEES in Niger republic! Guess what? They all will be sent packing once the war starts. Hundreds of thousands more will join them in moving to Nigeria. Won't you start shouting ronu again when those massive numbers start flooding Lagos? Burkina Faso and Mali are both under military rulers, have their countries become destroyed? Why would Niger be any different?

You're not waging war but you're threatening to invade them by tomorrow if the coup leaders don't reinstall the former president? Now, they've vowed not to bring him back, what will you guys do?
It's not only 300k refugees, just make it 3 millions. How many of your family members are refugees in Niger?
Let the coup plotters not listen. I don't even know why Tinubu is even bothered. It's not today Nigerian government has been sponsoring coups to change governments in Niger. You guys are learners. Expect a counter coup soon if these rats refuse to bend.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by Jomonix: 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2023
This post hit them hard.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by SOSinNigeria: 3:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
DeOTR:

It's not only 300k refugees, just make it 3 millions. How many of your family members are refugees in Niger?
Let the coup plotters not listen. I don't even know why Tinubu is even bothered. It's not today Nigerian government has been sponsoring coups to change governments in Niger. You guys are learners. Expect a counter coup soon if these rats refuse to bend.

So, you're not aware that 300,000 Nigerian refugees are in Niger rep? Why not make Google your friend and gain information?

Anyways, it's barely 8 hours left for Ebola to invade Niger republic. By now, I expect troups to start massing around the border with Niger. If Ebola fails to carry out his threat, then he is the most foolish person to ever answer president.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by SOSinNigeria: 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2023
WorldRichest:

If you concentrate on your life, then you may not beg for food like those before you

I will comfortably feed you and your extended family with balanced diet. Everyone in nairaland is not in multidimensional poverty like you.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by Sharpsharp00123: 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
Bluntguy:
They want to hide under government to fight the Fulanis. Igbos and courage ehn! They are 5&6
d same Igbos that dare not go out for 2 weeks on d order of a man from faraway Finland

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by Bluntguy: 3:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
d same Igbos that dare not go out for 2 weeks on d order of a man from faraway Finland
We all have been on the streets since this week. I am typing this from the streets.
So just face your Niger.
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by Sharpsharp00123: 3:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
Bluntguy:

We all have been on the streets since this week. I am typing this from the streets.
So just face your Niger.
but u were once locked up by Simon ekpa

Courageous nincoompoops
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by Bluntguy: 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
but u were once locked up by Simon ekpa

Courageous nincoompoops
Once you said, but your Fulani masters have always held you hostage all your lives. Trying to fight Niger all in a bid to please them. Cowards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by IVORY2009(m): 4:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
UcheKingsley1:
Because man is nothing without violence - proverb by comrade grin

cheesy
Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by Sharpsharp00123: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
Bluntguy:

Once you said, but your Fulani masters have always held you hostage all your lives. Trying to fight Niger all in a bid to please them. Cowards.
omo

How did Fulani hold us hostage?

I feel very uncomfortable anytime I hear igbos call others cowards

Compare abiola that stood n died for what he believed to ojukwu who started a fight n ran away

Compare fela who died for what he believed to kanu that ran away n they even went to bring him back n lock him in dog cage

Na wah ooo

1 Like

Re: Why Are Yorubas Unanimously Supporting Tinubu To Fight Niger Republic? by tsdarkside(m): 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
haha....yoruba are a war like tribe....
have you forgotin the war they waged against each other for decades....??

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Did Midwest Region Separate From Western House / Resign Now, You Have Become A National Embarrassment - Atiku Camp Slams Tinubu / I Just Block Peter Obi On My Twitter Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.