Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,971 members, 7,817,849 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Mystery Beggars On Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mystery Beggars On Nairaland (139 Views)

Stop Giving Beggars Small, Dirty Money - Alfa Chemistry Tells Nigerians (Video) / Photos Of Beautiful Child Beggars In Calabar Go Viral / The Menace Of Beggars On The Nigerian Street. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mystery Beggars On Nairaland by Nyceguy92: 12:17am On Aug 05, 2023
Who are these mystery beggars that seize every opportunity to annoyingly insert their begging on every thread?
The begging uses similar format, but different ailments, names, and bank account info.

I just saw an appeal by one Angela, who is down with malaria and typhoid fever, and has no money for drugs.

When did malaria and typhoid fever qualify as ailments for public assistance?
Yet this beggar has an android phone and maintains a social media account.

What baffles me is that these appeals get "thumbs up" or "likes', even shared. And I wonder what such gestures imply.
Or is this a side hustle by the managers of Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Mystery Beggars On Nairaland by PlayerMeji: 12:34am On Aug 05, 2023
What really gets me is how some of these beggars will be trying to hide or better still code the bank account numbers like this
GTB
So you mean I should go through the stress of deciphering and solving your yeye code because I want to send you money...?

Nyceguy92:
Who are these mystery beggars that seize every opportunity to annoyingly insert their begging on every thread?
The begging uses similar format, but different ailments, names, and bank account info.

I just saw an appeal by one Angela, who is down with malaria and typhoid fever, and has no money for drugs.

When did malaria and typhoid fever qualify as ailments for public assistance?
Yet this beggar has an android phone and maintains a social media account.

What baffles me is that these appeals get "thumbs up" or "likes', even shared. And I wonder what such gestures imply.
Or is this a side hustle by the managers of Nairaland?
Re: Mystery Beggars On Nairaland by yarimo(m): 12:42am On Aug 05, 2023
99.9% of them are Obidients undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Disposable Vaping: A Convenient Alternative To Traditional Cigarettes / Traditionalist Warns Against Use Of Witchcraft Power Against Innocent People / From Keywords To Cures: Mastering SEO Services For Healthcare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.