Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal (18000 Views)

No Going Back On Subsidy Removal - FG / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa / Obahiagbon On The Jubilation In Kaduna Over Yakowa's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by stepo707: 8:37am On Oct 11, 2011
I have read with acatalectic disgust, governments asinine and puerile ratiocinations attempting to justiceate the proposed removal of subsidies from petroleum products.It has asseverated that it’s intentions is guided by the need to checkmate the odoriferous excesses of a machiavellian and mephistophelean cabal and i have said to myself,what a shame?What a self indicting admittal of the failure of governance?What an hocus-pocus?

What an anathematous disdain for it’s citizenry? Must the people now bear the brunt for governments ineptitude,inefficiency and pusillanimity in squaring up with these economic philistines and fat cows? I feel even more nauseated and vexed that the Governors Forum has posthaste conferred an apocalyptic imprimatur on this genie.Let’s not forget that majority of these same Governors had earlier called for this state of affairs as a condition sinequanon for paying the minimum wage.What an opprobrium?What a deprecable descent from the sublime to the ridiculous?It’s up to us all to put this Presidential and Gubernatorial genie back into the bottle but are we prepared?

This man no go kill me ohhhh
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Kx: 8:42am On Oct 11, 2011
stepo707:

It’s up to us all to put this Presidential and Gubernatorial genie back into the bottle but are we prepared?
Good question
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2011
I knew some mischievous reporter was going to ask Mr Grammer Meister to comment on this issue. grin grin grin
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by aljharem3: 2:46pm On Oct 11, 2011
all he said was very correct. Kudos Patrick
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 11, 2011
lol. This man prolly got a pocket sized thesaurus he reads fervently like he would a bible.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by ASOROCKb(m): 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2011
Bottomline of this bombardment is "are we prepared to hit a change"?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by slap1(m): 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2011
Patrick's words are filled with adjectives, the sense usually lies in the last, few sentences. . . Good statement, anyway.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by lexicon(m): 5:35pm On Oct 11, 2011
Good question from Patrick. . . are we ready for the change ?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by zeal500: 5:46pm On Oct 11, 2011
lets us gather and chase away these devils in power
d earlier d better
Nigerians lets do it now

i am prepared to lay my life for naija
Ready to kill em all
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Noghayin03(m): 5:56pm On Oct 11, 2011
D Igodomigodo 1 of Benin kingdom.Oba'ghatokpere!
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by tjtough: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2011
@ OP,can you give  the source of your post? It seems everything these days is being attributed to Patrick
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by agenta999(f): 5:59pm On Oct 11, 2011
ASOROCK b:

Bottomline of this bombardment is "are we prepared to hit a change"?

no way, no hope, no good faith, no honesty, no faithfullness.
i am loosing hope in african society, even the lower class are very greedy and dishonest. where is the hope? we are all cowards who are afraid of the trueth. the bad ones in our society are those who are straight forward. no wonder why we could not even qualify for african cup of nation, but lybia who are in war qualified. shame to black nations.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ulysis: 6:10pm On Oct 11, 2011
He will had made more money as a comedian instead of politics.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Ibime(m): 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2011
The antipathy of Government to the proletariat as exemplified by their mendacious and callous approach to the fuel subsidy issue is enough to leave one in a permanent catatonic state of irascibility and asperity and render the average representative of the hoi polloi incandescent with fury and apoplectic with rage at the supercillious mordacity with which Ebele has approached this issue.

It does not take a seance to predict that such a laissez-faire Sayian approach would rankle with an erudite Keynesian proponent such as Chief Obahiagbon who would not stand hands akimbo as a silent witness to such plutocratic decrees, but rail vociferously against the usurpation of state subsidisation policies by fifth columnist whose main agenda is the propogation of free-market policies which are incongruous with the alleviation of the economic problems faced by the Nigerian bourgoise.

If the overarching raison d'etre of Government is the amelioration of socio-economic problems, then this action shows that Ebele Jonathan has performed a volte-face on pre-election promises . The soporific performance of the present incarnation of the 4th Republic leadership is indicative of the general trend of the obtuse, insensitive and unresponsive approach by our leaders since 1960.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Judexman(m): 6:16pm On Oct 11, 2011
wat a question for nigerians to answer within dem
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by tushbobo(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2011
@ times I strongly feel the black race is under a curse.Go to indonesia and see what they've achieved by just refining oil.THEY HAVE NO NATURAL RESOURCE BUT NATURAL DISASTERS.God has given us all resources,a stable continent without disasters but we still pray for HIS blessings without working.What a shame
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by efepro(m): 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2011
Revolution/class struggle captures the whole essence of social change, How ready are we for a radical change? Ur complaints and Patrick's Grandiloquent language wil not fuel the Engine of revolution, Sometimes, i feel like alignin wit BH or MEND to kill these wicked inept leaders.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2011
@OP,
Please could you provide the source of this story.Thank you.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by PhysicsQED(m): 6:43pm On Oct 11, 2011
stepo707:

I have read with acatalectic disgust, governments asinine and puerile ratiocinations attempting to justiceate the proposed removal of subsidies from petroleum products.It has asseverated that it’s intentions is guided by the need to checkmate the odoriferous excesses of a machiavellian and mephistophelean cabal and i have said to myself,what a shame?What a self indicting admittal of the failure of governance?What an hocus-pocus?

What an anathematous disdain for it’s citizenry? Must the people now bear the brunt for governments ineptitude,inefficiency and pusillanimity in squaring up with these economic philistines and fat cows? I feel even more nauseated and vexed that the Governors Forum has posthaste conferred an apocalyptic imprimatur on this genie.Let’s not forget that majority of these same Governors had earlier called for this state of affairs as a condition sinequanon for paying the minimum wage.What an opprobrium?What a deprecable descent from the sublime to the ridiculous?It’s up to us all to put this Presidential and Gubernatorial genie back into the bottle but are we prepared?

This sounds very inauthentic and more like it was made up by some blogger or something.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Finecat(m): 6:45pm On Oct 11, 2011
I like the guy very much,
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Basics007: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2011
I wish the OP is can give the link to this story. Not too sure this is from Hon Patrick.
@Ibime. You don come here again?! Waiting for Jakumo and Aribisala,
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by koolman: 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2011
This man made sense only to himself. He would have made more sense if he had realized that we cannot be more catholic than the pope.
He should have know that we are not English men to understand all these jargons.I feel he will make more sense if he is quiet some other time.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Konjour(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2011
stepo707:

Too many cooks spoil the broth. His choice of adjectives and metaphors often conflict with the message he's trying to pass across.

(i.e if he was trying to send a message across to his listeners in the first instance at all). :

Perhaps he should just save us the message and go teach "Mrs Dame" how to stop calling herself a widow when she's not. grin undecided lipsrsealed

I'm sure her husband'd really appreciate that. cool
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by joudini(m): 7:09pm On Oct 11, 2011
Who said latin is a dead language?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by freecocoa(f): 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2011
Out of everything there I can only understand the ready to make a change part,please does anyone know where this man schooled?I'd like to know cos his grammar is not from this planet.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by tEsLim(m): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2011
Tautologies and excessive grandiloquence.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by ismaeel86(m): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2011
freecocoa:

Out of everything there I can only understand the ready to make a change part,please does anyone know where this man schooled?I'd like to know cos his grammar is not from this planet.

University of Benin, Nigeria.
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by Natasha2(f): 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2011
thanks Patrick I think you just gave me headache grin grin grin grin

I would have agreed with you if i understood what you said grin grin grin grin

but joke apart where are we heading to?
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by chamber2(m): 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2011
stepo707:

This man no go kill me ohhhh

This was the same thing he was sent to the national assembly to do, but he came out more confused

Apart from his regular drama, what else did he achieve in the house?

Nonsense
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by richardoz(m): 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2011
This man and his grammar sef,
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by richardoz(m): 9:04pm On Oct 11, 2011
This man and his grammar sef,
Re: Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Fuel Subsidy Removal by ceah(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2011
Seeing The headline alone on HomePage i was already laughing my head off, you know what Patrick can do, grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Killed Victor Banjo, Ifeajuna And Others – Ojukwu / Reno Omokri: Buhari Put Corrupt Ganduje In Charge Of Edo Campaign Money / Profile Of Dikko Radda, Katsina Governor-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.