Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,380 members, 7,822,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job (1778 Views)

Can This Web Application Work Offline?? / 9 Questions To Ask Your Web Designer After Handing Over Your Website / How Reliable Is This Web Host (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by elefind(m): 8:31am On Aug 05, 2023
Good morning nairalanders, I'm here to make a public complain concerning the attitude of our fellow Nigerians. Few weeks ago I got the contact of a guy claiming to be a web designer here on nairaland, I needed Him to help me design a Shopify store which we negotiated the price and it was fixed at 40k in naira. He toke the necessary details for the proposed Shopify store and I made 20k payment instantly. He promised to deliver the project in 4 days, about 3 days later he messaged me that the dollar rate has increased which I understand very well and I added 7500 naira which I also sent to him.
Ever since then the very web designer refused to pick my call for the past two weeks now and I sent several messages on Whatsapp he never bother to check when my messages when he comes online on Whatsapp.
Please what should I do to get back my money.
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by elefind(m): 8:35am On Aug 05, 2023
Payment receipt

Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by nicho450(m): 9:17am On Aug 05, 2023
You want help and you are hiding his acct details
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by elefind(m): 9:31am On Aug 05, 2023
nicho450:
You want help and you are hiding his acct details
I'm trying to respect people's privacy, This is a public domain. if there's anything you can help me with then I will follow you up on DM
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by losprince(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2023
It could be that he has hit some financial troubles and not necessarily skid addled with your money. Sometimes the money you clients pay is not enough to sustain the development of your projects.

You always go for cheap which leads to you encountering the very desperate among us.

Having said that, no one has any right to promise something, take money and not deliver, it's still on the developer.

If the project is important, count your loss and just hire someone else. I'm available at the moment and can design Shopify websites, but not at that budget and definitely not within days on that budget.
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by PizzleGold(m): 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2023
elefind:
Good morning nairalanders, I'm here to make a public complain concerning the attitude of our fellow Nigerians. Few weeks ago I got the contact of a guy claiming to be a web designer here on nairaland, I needed Him to help me design a Shopify store which we negotiated the price and it was fixed at 40k in naira. He toke the necessary details for the proposed Shopify store and I made 20k payment instantly. He promised to deliver the project in 4 days, about 3 days later he messaged me that the dollar rate has increased which I understand very well and I added 7500 naira which I also sent to him.
Ever since then the very web designer refused to pick my call for the past two weeks now and I sent several messages on Whatsapp he never bother to check when my messages when he comes online on Whatsapp.

I understand you both had an agreement, but the amount you guys pay web developer is something else , you went for the cheap option but you’re about to lose your money.
I’d advise you to contact him with another device and threaten to arrest him.

And next time, hire professionals!
40k - 4days for your project is almost unrealistic
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
elefind:
drop me your WhatsApp details, I'll do the job and you will pay me when I am done
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by elefind(m): 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
PizzleGold:

I understand you both had an agreement, but the amount you guys pay web developer is something else , you went for the cheap option but you’re about to lose your money.
I’d advise you to contact him with another device and threaten to arrest him.

And next time, hire professionals!
40k - 4days for your project is almost unrealistic
We should try to be reasonable when diving into matters, he gave me his price which is 40k and we both agreed on it, which I later added 7500 naira make 47500 naira in total. He was the one that gave me 4 days period for the development. If the price was not good for him he should have decline the offer instead of not fulfilling promise and not delivering the project. You are also talking about cheap price, the only thing he is paying for is a domain name.
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by IVORY2009(m): 6:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
What is his nairaland user handle
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by elefind(m): 6:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
IVORY2009:
What is his nairaland user handle
Honestly speaking I don't know his handle on nairaland, I just picked his number from a random Post.
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by IVORY2009(m): 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
elefind:

Honestly speaking I don't know his handle on nairaland, I just picked his number from a random Post.

This is risky, can you share his number?
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by elefind(m): 10:18pm On Aug 05, 2023
IVORY2009:

This is risky, can you share his number?

Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by PizzleGold(m): 11:23pm On Aug 05, 2023
elefind:

We should try to be reasonable when diving into matters, he gave me his price which is 40k and we both agreed on it, which I later added 7500 naira make 47500 naira in total. He was the one that gave me 4 days period for the development. If the price was not good for him he should have decline the offer instead of not fulfilling promise and not delivering the project. You are also talking about cheap price, the only thing he is paying for is a domain name.

Now you should try reaching out to him, contact him with another device. We can’t come to a conclusion. I wish you the best in it.
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by Ignyte(m): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sorry about your experience.

However, ever since I did one gig for someone on Nairaland; I’ve realized that if you do any gig for someone of Nairaland it will almost always end in tears for either the developer or the client.

No matter how much person wan pay, as long as the gig is from Nairaland, I have learned not to collect.
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by landiqa(m): 5:12am On Aug 07, 2023
Imagine 40k for a Shopify website.
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by elefind(m): 9:41am On Aug 07, 2023
landiqa:
How do you mean?
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by Everest9(m): 3:31am On Aug 08, 2023
landiqa:
You people talk trash!

Let it be 1k, did anyone force him to do the job, sometimes I ask how people reason.

Someone needed some work to be done for him and they bargained the price which he failed to deliver and many of you are here taking about the price.

My brother you have been scammed, they have scammed me 2 times on Nairaland before I learnt my lessons.

Trust me even Nairaland owner or the people in charge will do nothing about it, during my own time I reported the person with all the evidence instead of them to ban or delete the profile what they did is to remove my post, that was when I knew that Nairaland is the last place to look for someone to work for me.

Geninue Guys here is like 20% while scammers are 80% and will keep growing because Nairaland encourage them and protect them

2 Likes

Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by online4business: 3:53am On Aug 08, 2023
elefind:

First 40k is a lot you paid.

all those saying your pay too low know next to nothing.

someone from India on Upwork will do it for less than $10 dollars even as cheap as $7.

And they will complete the job even before you pay to your satisfaction.

That said never I repeat if you're reading this never let your web designer buy hosting or domain for you.

Buy the domain and hosting yourself someone can design a website blog or even store for less than 10k.

Use free theme if you're just starting out premium theme are bells and whistles you don't need it why starting

If you're a webdesigner you can only pull this "cheap mentality" on newbie.

A blog can be designed in less than an hour with generate press template by any kid with a functional brain... So get over yourself.

Better still there are a million video that work you step by step on YouTube... This is not a skill you want to continue brag with or charge high fee.

Start a blog so you continue to earn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by IVORY2009(m): 9:40am On Aug 10, 2023
elefind:

The said Akintunde is here on nairaland, and I know his handle,he has been scamming for many many years like this here on nairaland with different handles .

Akintunde Onipede he is an hardcore scammer here on nairaland with lots of user handlers to login
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by WildChild00(m): 1:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
Mr Akintunde Onipede Williams pls refund the money you collected, you are currently active here on nairaland with

rtdCivilservant

rtdCivilservant

rtdCivilservant
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by WildChild00(m): 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2023
Mr Akintunde Onipede the scammer, kindly do a refund, you have collected monies using your Opay account number 09033076276, you have been scamming here on nairaland and Facebook for the past 8-9yrs now.

rtdCivilservant
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by rtdCivilservant: 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
WildChild00:
Mr Akintunde Onipede the scammer, kindly do a refund, you have collected monies using your Opay account number 09033076276, you have been scamming here on nairaland and Facebook for the past 8-9yrs now.

I want to place a curse on all scammers (using WildChild00 as a point of contact to other scammers ) especially here on nairaland, it shall never be well with them, they shall die a miserable death, vultures shall feed on their dead bodies, misery shall forever locate them. Woe betide all scammers.
WildChild00
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by rtdCivilservant: 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
WildChild00:
Mr Akintunde Onipede Williams pls refund the money you collected, you are currently active here on nairaland with

WildChild00

WildChild00

WildChild00
I want to place a curse on all scammers (using WildChild00 as a point of contact to other scammers ) especially here on nairaland, it shall never be well with them, they shall die a miserable death, vultures shall feed on their dead bodies, misery shall forever locate them. Woe betide all scammers.
WildChild00
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by WildChild00(m): 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
Scammer grin angry
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by WildChild00(m): 3:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
rtdCivilservant kindly refund the money, the money was sent to your Opay account, stop scamming people with your different handles.

rtdCivilservant
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by rtdCivilservant: 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
WildChild00:
WildChild00 kindly refund the money, the money was sent to your Opay account, stop scamming people with your different handles.

WildChild00
WildChild00
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by WildChild00(m): 3:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

WildChild00

Refund the young man's money 💰 you're a criminal, Mr Akintunde Williams Onipede, you have been scamming people here on nairaland with different handles, the Opay account number links back to your name on Google, just google check the Opay account number and see

rtdCivilservant

rtdCivilservant

rtdCivilservant
rtdCivilservant
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by rtdCivilservant: 3:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
WildChild00:

Refund the young man's money 💰 you're a criminal, Mr Akintunde Williams Onipede, you have been scamming people here on nairaland with different handles, the Opay account number links back to your name on Google, just google check the Opay account number and see

WildChild00
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by WildChild00(m): 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

WildChild00

You this bloody criminal, will you go and refund the money you collected, google this criminals phone number, which he used for his Opay account registration and see.
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by rtdCivilservant: 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2023
WildChild00:

You this bloody criminal, will you go and refund the money you collected, google this criminals phone number, which he used for his Opay account registration and see.

Expired format.
WildChild00
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by WildChild00(m): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Expired format.
WildChild00

Expired you called it, your pictures are all over the internet, if the poster request for it, I would send it to him, you are from Ondo State Mr Akintunde Williams Onipede
Re: This Web Designer Took My Money And Refused To Do My Job by rtdCivilservant: 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2023
WildChild00:

Expired you called it, your pictures are all over the internet, if the poster request for it, I would send it to him, you are from Ondo State Mr Akintunde Williams Onipede
Are u not making a fool of yourself? Why do u have to wait for the poster to request before assisting him? This ur dirty format has expired, u defrauded the op, using a new opay account u just opened and at same time come here acting like u are sympathetic to the op? I know all ur tricks and always burst them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Get A Ussd Code / If You Have 200 To 250k Facebook Page Or Group Come In / Utiware Hosting Scammed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.