Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt (19146 Views)

P&ID: We Will Continue Efforts To Identify, Seize Nigerian Assets / Breaking News : UK Court Gives P&ID Order To Seize $9billion Nigerian Assets / Anxiety Over $9bn Nigerian Assets; London Court Sits On Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by Brendaniel: 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
tunwumi:
This dated back to the time of GEJ when bazaar contract reigns

Did you read the content at all

It was signed in Buhari's time by Malami....
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by luizpippo(m): 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
tunwumi:

Since you know when it was owed, can you tell us what exact service he rendered.
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by tunwumi: 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
Brendaniel:

Did you read the content at all

It was signed in Buhari's time by Malami....

Commenting without knowledge make you look like a teenage fool

https://lettersblogatory.com/2019/01/07/case-of-the-day-edwards-v-nigeria/
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by tunwumi: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Bazaar contract yet the economy was better ...

How do I educate a fraud that looting is bad ,🤔
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by tunwumi: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2023
prophetfire:
So GEJ was in charge in September 2021 when the promissory notes were issued? Ode.

Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by tunwumi: 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
excanny:

Which Jonathan? So it took 7 years after Jonathan left to start paying right?

Be deceiving yourself.

Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by tunwumi: 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2023
udemzyudex:

Where in the report did you get this information?

JohnVianney:

Didn't you see October 2015
GEJ was president until February 2015
Why do people love to shift the goal post and blame others all the time

Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by tunwumi: 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
luizpippo:

Since you know when it was owed, can you tell us what exact service he rendered.

Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by Brendaniel: 9:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
tunwumi:

Oga, the case was the local government vs the federal government, the local governments won and how do you blame Jonathan for that, this was in 2013, on July 4 2015 Buhari was already in power and that was when the same lawyer filed the fresh case for the 159 million dollars and still won here in Nigeria, so how is Jonathan supposed to be blamed in any of these?
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by SalamRushdie: 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
tunwumi:

How do I educate a fraud that looting is bad ,🤔

Educate APC
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by erniok(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga, the case was the local government vs the federal government, the local governments won and how do you blame Jonathan for that, this was in 2013, on July 4 2015 Buhari was already in power and that was when the same lawyer filed the fresh case for the 159 million dollars and still won here in Nigeria, so how is Jonathan supposed to be blamed in any of these?
He obviously didn't go through the same link he posted. Shame.

1 Like

Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by Nordy: 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2023
PlayerMeji:
This lady that won award days ago for helping Nigeria to save money where is she....

She should be deployed asap to that spot...

We need all the money we can get now....

Hehehe... absolutely right on a lighter note or the should contact Fkeyamo
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by Yankee101: 10:24pm On Aug 05, 2023
I smell Malami
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by zoomzoom(m): 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2023

For those babies in my mention,

But I see the DATE is 2021...was GEJ in power when that promissory note was issued?.
Na kweshion ohh!!.
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by JohnVianney: 12:05am On Aug 06, 2023
tunwumi:

You mustn't resort to insults all the time.
A simple glance at the material you posted would have given you the information you needed.
Here's a snippet from YOUR source.
The unwise and dodgy judgement that has now plunged the nation into another round of debt was enacted in October 2015 please who was in power at the time?
Please read before typing

Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:16am On Aug 06, 2023
People sabi plot schemes sha. No wonder these guys (him and NED Nwoko) are so rich
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by chaloskyx: 6:09am On Aug 06, 2023
sue them all!!!!
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by tunwumi: 6:14am On Aug 06, 2023
I now understand your problem that is selective comprehension. When the case contract was entered in 2013 Buhari was the president.

JohnVianney:

You mustn't resort to insults all the time.
A simple glance at the material you posted would have given you the information you needed.
Here's a snippet from YOUR source.
The unwise and dodgy judgement that has now plunged the nation into another round of debt was enacted in October 2015 please who was in power at the time?
Please read before typing
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by JohnVianney: 7:48am On Aug 06, 2023
tunwumi:
I now understand your problem that is selective comprehension. When the case contract was entered in 2013 Buhari was the president.

Let me break it down for your granular understanding.

The Contract was entered voluntarily by 235 local governments (hereafter referred to as the consortium) AGAINST the FG in june 11 2013 to recover money owed by the FG. Meaning the consortium of LGs was a client of the instigator, they (the consortium of LG's) won the case on December 13, 2013 and furthermore were awarded the payment to the tune of 3.18 billion dollars by the Federal High Court.

It is noteworthy that there had been no issues or problem whatsoever and he had been paid the agreed legal fees until July 4th, 2015 when the instigator filed against the LG's to recover what he termed "contingency fee"

On October 30th 2015 , the dodgy and very interesting judgement was enacted which provided that the instigator was "entitled to be paid 10% of any recovery made and or of proceeds from any source whatsoever of the [2013] Judgment.” as the "contingency fee"

Everything was going on well until the Mafia of the last admin came in, Looks to me like someone wants a slice of the cake.

Unsurprisingly, there are other similar dubious cases that sprang up this way since the advent of the Buhari Administration. Which begs the question "Why didn't Edwards nor other lawyers in other similar cases like this seek redress for humongous bonuses during the GEJ admin".

He had to wait for 2 years (after GEJ had left office) to perpetuate such evil. To me, he's just a frontliner, there's someone pulling the strings behind and this/these person(s) have also done same in other cases since the advent of the last admin, thereby becoming overnight billionaires to the benefit of their private pockets and the detriment of Nigeria as a nation.

Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by tctrills: 9:28am On Aug 06, 2023
tunwumi:

For those babies in my mention,

You just want to insult yourself and others. Every gov has debts but it's the duty of the next person in power to manage those debts. Buhari went about taking new debts rather than manage the old ones.
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by luizpippo(m): 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
tunwumi:

It was a question i asked, you matured fool
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by tunwumi: 1:48pm On Aug 06, 2023
The more you explain the more ignorance is proclaimed.

JohnVianney:

Let me break it down for your granular understanding.

The Contract was entered voluntarily by 235 local governments (hereafter referred to as the consortium) AGAINST the FG in june 11 2013 to recover money owed by the FG. Meaning the consortium of LGs was a client of the instigator, they (the consortium of LG's) won the case on December 13, 2013 and furthermore were awarded the payment to the tune of 3.18 billion dollars by the Federal High Court.

It is noteworthy that there had been no issues or problem whatsoever and he had been paid the agreed legal fees until July 4th, 2015 when the instigator filed against the LG's to recover what he termed "contingency fee"

On October 30th 2015 , the dodgy and very interesting judgement was enacted which provided that the instigator was "entitled to be paid 10% of any recovery made and or of proceeds from any source whatsoever of the [2013] Judgment.” as the "contingency fee"

Everything was going on well until the Mafia of the last admin came in, Looks to me like someone wants a slice of the cake.

Unsurprisingly, there are other similar dubious cases that sprang up this way since the advent of the Buhari Administration. Which begs the question "Why didn't Edwards nor other lawyers in other similar cases like this seek redress for humongous bonuses during the GEJ admin".

He had to wait for 2 years (after GEJ had left office) to perpetuate such evil. To me, he's just a frontliner, there's someone pulling the strings behind and this/these person(s) have also done same in other cases since the advent of the last admin, thereby becoming overnight billionaires to the benefit of their private pockets and the detriment of Nigeria as a nation.
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by JohnVianney: 5:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
tunwumi:
The more you explain the more ignorance is proclaimed.

OK
Re: Ted Iseghohi-edwards Sues To Seize Nigerian Assets In U.S. Over $159million Debt by GoldenqueenC(f): 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2023
Ensa777:
Ned Nwoko style.
hi, pls i sent you a pm ,pls respond.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo People Have Decided, I Am Humbled – Akeredolu / Reps Discuss Nigeria's Position On Morocco's Plan To Join ECOWAS / 'Otedola Never Planned To Run Against Ambode’ - The Boss Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.