Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan (37946 Views)

Protectors Of Islam, Not Protectors Of Lives — Aisha Yesufu Slams Arewa Twitter / 3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / Fani-Kayode: I Am Not Yoruba, Fulanis Call South-East Yamiri & South-West Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by buharibanjo(m): 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2023
How do you tell an Islamic state?
iamrealdeji:
But everybody knows Nigeria is an Islamic state,except the little ones that are still deceiving themselves.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by iamrealdeji(m): 10:15pm On Aug 06, 2023
manikspears:

Funny enough those Saudi people hate Nigerian Muslims like shit
Saudi people that pamper Nigerian Muslims. They gave my parents several gifts including large brand new TV,parks of drinks,cartons of groceries,cartons if fruits,cloths,etc when they went to Mecca. Arabs love Nigerian Muslims than anything. Your religion teaches you how to lie. We all know that
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by BluntCrazeMan: 5:32am On Aug 07, 2023
Islam is Religion..

Yoruba is Tribe.

So, I want to know if “being a Yoruba Tribesman” can stop anyone from practicing Islam.??

Or is it about the Yoruba Traditional Religious Practices?
It's a thing of Choice and A Promotion of Cultural Heritage.

If Yoruba Muslims are part of such practices, then, this prof can start considering punishment to such muslims who participated in such practices. (And not punishing the faithfuls of such traditional religions, and declaring a state in Nigeria an Islamic State).

Serious Warning also goes to some States in the South that declared themselves Christian States, just because the vast majority of the people in the State are Christians.
(Same thing goes with some States in the North that declared themselves Islamic States, just because the vast majority of the people in the State are muslims).
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by MisfitHPG: 8:15am On Aug 07, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

In Lagos during the governorship elections, online bullies (obidients) came face to face with real life bullies (Yoruba ronus). Who cried that day?
only cowards bring guns to peaceful election venues with women and children and only maggots like you see them as bullies,cowards like the fulanis who bring US military weapons kill defenseless men women and children then run away,same as the worthless hausa cowards who gathered in their thousands to kill a defenseless girl because of a gay pedophile who was a blood hungry demon...real bullies come to your face do something and own it....the yorubas are the biggest cowards,i wish we didn't share the same country with any of you useless tribes,
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by emmyileri(m): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2023
Is this man not aware of Muslims burning churches without provocation in Ilorin? They have met their match.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by manikspears: 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2023
iamrealdeji:
Saudi people that pamper Nigerian Muslims. They gave my parents several gifts including large brand new TV,parks of drinks,cartons of groceries,cartons if fruits,cloths,etc when they went to Mecca. Arabs love Nigerian Muslims than anything. Your religion teaches you how to lie. We all know that

NA LiE!

You are f#cking lieing, God purnish liar!
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by middlebelter(m): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2023
Bobbiee:

COPE AND SEETHE. ILORIN IS THE PROPERTY OF THE FULANI, AND YORUBA ARE SUBJECTS OF THE FULANI EMIR
Yes just like Igboland belong to Niger Delta?
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Bobbiee: 5:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
middlebelter:

Yes just like Igboland belong to Niger Delta?

You must have failed Geography. You think Asaba or Ika or Ikwerre is ruled by an Ijaw or whatever king. All these Igbo regions I mentioned have Igbo monarchs. You can never say the same about Ilorin. All the yorubas there are subjects of the emir. They were historically conquered by the Fulanis and the state carved out by the Fulanis and under the control of the Emir. You have no point. In Delta, all kingdoms were merged into a state with a governor. There are numerous chiefdoms in Delta. The Olu of warri for instance only has control over his region in Warri, and the Obi of Asaba only has control over his region in Asaba. That is all.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by middlebelter(m): 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2023
Bobbiee:

You must have failed Geography. You think Asaba or Ika or Ikwerre is ruled by an Ijaw or whatever king. All these Igbo regions I mentioned have Igbo monarchs. You can never say the same about Ilorin. All the yorubas there are subjects of the emir. They were historically conquered by the Fulanis and the state carved out by the Fulanis and under the control of the Emir. You have no point. In Delta, all kingdoms were merged into a state with a governor. There are numerous chiefdoms in Delta. The Olu of warri for instance only has control over his region in Warri, and the Obi of Asaba only has control over his region in Asaba. That is all.

When it comes to Geography of Nigeria, hmnn,I doubt if you know as much as I do. Nevertheless, let me lecture you a little about Ilorin history and the current situation. As at today, both the Yorubas(Afonjas and The Alimi-Fulanis) rotates the title of the leadership of Ilorin by virtue of a court judgement that aimed at resolving the historical accident for the purpose of inclusion and religion harmony. However, the Alimis have had longer reign than the Afonjas because the king that emerged from the Afonjas were old and didn't leave long. Go and fact check that.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Proudlyomonna: 10:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Jesus is a Roman deity. Of what use is a Roman deity to an African?

That's your opinion.

Keep it to yourself, after all who you epp undecided
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by DodadaKoKigbe: 10:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

That's your opinion.

Keep it to yourself, after all who you epp undecided

I will ONLY keep it to myself if you keep yours to yourself. I repeat:

The WHITE jesus that you worship is a Demon from Rome.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Proudlyomonna: 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

I will ONLY keep it to myself if you keep yours to yourself. I repeat:

The WHITE jesus that you worship is a Demon from Rome.

Watin You sabi.
Na You sabi White Jesus works for me anytime anyday grin

In fact Him just perform one mighty miracle for my family today,my in-law wey doctors se nothing can be done,all of a sudden don dey talk small small sef.

True true Miracles no dey tire JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Proudlyomonna: 10:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
BentizilL:

There's nothing like ibile Eko, just say Yoruba... Nothing concern you with Lagos...

Stop trying to alienate the Yoruba in Lagos and their Yoruba brothers... I grew up in Lagos and I respect the Yoruba people, stop trying to ignite ethnic tension...

Who is trying to alienate the Yoruba in Lagos?

Before Nija there was no such things like Yorubaland or Igboland or whatever,in fact this groups went to wars with each other on a steady.

Its Nigeria and peeps have due to political structures have their States.

You can't be from Osun and You are telling peeps to leave Lagos when the owners of the land do not say so.
That's disregard for the host.
If You rent house,na landlord or him brothers you go listen to?
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Proudlyomonna: 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
tollyboy5:

Why are you taking this personal. I was not referring to you..

You decided to come to my mention maybe because you're igbo and not happy with the last election incident in lagos. The problem with the last election was that after lagosians decided to vote peter obi. Some ignorant folks on social media started an unnecessary hype on how igbo candidate won yoruba candidate in lagos.
Beside that, GRV was not really welcomed to us like we accept peter obi but these people online turn it to "they dont want him because his mummy and wife are igbos" that alone send a wrong signal to we lagosians. And on this thread i am referring to kwarans not igbos.

When You say We Lagosians,can You explain better?

Are You talking about the indigenous owners of the State,or those who by law of stay or residency have become Lagosians??

A majority of You guys have a huge problem with one Nigeria,Una just dey decieve Unaself,most of you are actually worse than the ipob niggas.

You tribalist suck as hell,una dey hardly ever make sense undecided
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by tollyboy5(m): 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

When You say We Lagosians,can You explain better?

Are You talking about the indigenous owners of the State,or those who by law of stay or residency have become Lagosians??

A majority of You guys have a huge problem with one Nigeria,Una just dey decieve Unaself,most of you are actually worse than the ipob niggas.

You tribalist suck as hell,una dey hardly ever make sense undecided
I'm talking about INDIGENE. Whatever you feel is none of my business.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Proudlyomonna: 11:22pm On Aug 12, 2023
tollyboy5:

I'm talking about INDIGENE. Whatever you feel is none of my business.

I have got dozens of ibile Eko and they all stand with GRV,so You are OYO.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by DodadaKoKigbe: 11:24pm On Aug 12, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

Watin You sabi.
Na You sabi White Jesus works for me anytime anyday grin

In fact Him just perform one mighty miracle for my family today,my in-law wey doctors se nothing can be done,all of a sudden don dey talk small small sef.

True true Miracles no dey tire JESUS CHRIST.

You go explain tire...

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Proudlyomonna: 11:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

You go explain tire...

Na You dey shalaye na,my own na keep Your there's no God to yourself, who you EPP grin
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by DodadaKoKigbe: 11:36pm On Aug 12, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

Na You dey shalaye na,my own na keep Your there's no God to yourself, who you EPP grin

The Roman diety aka WHITE jesus you worship is a Demon.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by tollyboy5(m): 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

I have got dozens of ibile Eko and they all stand with GRV,so You are OYO.
Dont disturb me. Jandor is more of the chosen one by indigene.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Proudlyomonna: 11:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

Shalaye better grin

E go bad if You broke come join people wey don belleful do there's no God oo grin
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by DodadaKoKigbe: 11:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
Proudlyomonna:
Shalaye better grin E go bad if You broke come join people wey don belleful do there's no God oo grin

You go worship that WHITE demon tire.

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Proudlyomonna: 11:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:

You go worship that WHITE demon tire.

I go worship am till eternity cheesy

After all Miracle no dey kukuma tire am grin
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by DodadaKoKigbe: 12:14am On Aug 13, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

I go worship am till eternity cheesy

After all Miracle no dey kukuma tire am grin

Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by lawani: 6:09am On Aug 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

Dont disturb me. Jandor is more of the chosen one by indigene.
Are you saying some non Yorubas want to save Lagos indigenes from Yorubas who are not Lagos indigenes?. Tinubu is a Lagos indigene and his daughter is the current Iyaloja. There is no traditional Yoruba state that is represented in Lagos which is also not in Ogun state and if states were created by civilians you would have understood the matter. Traditional land owners in Lagos are Awori, Ijebu and Egun and no other. These groups exist in Ogun as well and they see themselves as one across borders, have the same dialect and same hierarchy of monarchs. Ikoyi was founded and named by people from the Oyo empire. It is a station of royal guards. I am an Ijesa man and Baba Alaagba the father of Ologunkutere the founder of the current Lagos dynasty was an Ijesa man that settled in Lagos. On Lagos mainland is Ijeshatedo which from the name was founded by Ijeshas before Nigeria. Yoruba have been a modern nation thousands of years before Nigeria and the existence of Nigeria is disturbing that nation not helping it. When Nigeria splits, you will see how traditional states will be carved out of Yoruba land and you will understand. Aworis, Ijebus and etc will be in full control of their land. I don't think anybody has ever been governor in Lagos whose parents were not buried there and who is not an indigene. Tinubu became governor mainly because his mother was the Iyaloja, a major chief. It is kind of naive to think someone like GRV with no money and no history in politics, no landmark achievements will become Lagos governor from an unknown party just like that because he is being supported by non Yorubas!.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by tollyboy5(m): 8:18am On Aug 13, 2023
lawani:

Are you saying some non Yorubas want to save Lagos indigenes from Yorubas who are not Lagos indigenes?. Tinubu is a Lagos indigene and his daughter is the current Iyaloja. There is no traditional Yoruba state that is represented in Lagos which is also not in Ogun state and if states were created by civilians you would have understood the matter. Traditional land owners in Lagos are Awori, Ijebu and Egun and no other. These groups exist in Ogun as well and they see themselves as one across borders, have the same dialect and same hierarchy of monarchs. Ikoyi was founded and named by people from the Oyo empire. It is a station of royal guards. I am an Ijesa man and Baba Alaagba the father of Ologunkutere the founder of the current Lagos dynasty was an Ijesa man that settled in Lagos. On Lagos mainland is Ijeshatedo which from the name was founded by Ijeshas before Nigeria. Yoruba have been a modern nation thousands of years before Nigeria and the existence of Nigeria is disturbing that nation not helping it. When Nigeria splits, you will see how traditional states will be carved out of Yoruba land and you will understand. Aworis, Ijebus and etc will be in full control of their land. I don't think anybody has ever been governor in Lagos whose parents were not buried there and who is not an indigene. Tinubu became governor mainly because his mother was the Iyaloja, a major chief. It is kind of naive to think someone like GRV with no money and no history in politics, no landmark achievements will become Lagos governor from an unknown party just like that because he is being supported by non Yorubas!.
I made mention of Jandor. Jandor is awori of Ojo. And the people supporting jandor are lagosians not outsiders.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by Proudlyomonna: 8:48am On Aug 13, 2023
[quote author=DodadaKoKigbe post=125070810][/quote]

Haha to shalaye don tire You grin

No worry Jesus Christ go soon find Your lost soul back into His loving arms.

Na You type dey later become radical evangelist for God cheesy
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by lawani: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

I made mention of Jandor. Jandor is awori of Ojo. And the people supporting jandor are lagosians not outsiders.
The same logic still applies because I don't even know the Jandor.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by tollyboy5(m): 9:23am On Aug 13, 2023
lawani:

The same logic still applies because I don't even know the Jandor.
You don't know him does not mean he is igbo. you dont know him but we know him because he's one of us. He from Ojo and was pdp candidate.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by lawani: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
tollyboy5:

You don't know him does not mean he is igbo. you dont know him but we know him because he's one of us. He from Ojo and was pdp candidate.
Has any Igbo ever contested for Lagos governorship? What I am saying is wrong is for Yorubas to group together and vote against locals in Rivers state, Kaduna and etc in support of a local person whose wife is Yoruba, who speaks only Yoruba and English etc etc when Yorubas have their own state where they are free to do anything they want.
Re: Ilorin Belongs To Islam & Not Yoruba - Prof Abu Alia-Agan by yinkeys(m): 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
Ikpunnegi01:
On Colos On Colos On Colos! One South West State down! More to come! Their problem is #gbos!
Please what does Colos mean ?
Do you mean Colorado weed ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

AIT Takes Down Online Poll Where Buhari Was Trouncing Jonathan / Ambode Wearing "Made In Nigeria" Clothes (photos) / Why Delegates Dumped Tambuwal For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.