Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

�fraud Alert. Shine Your Eyes Game Sellers And Buyers - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / �fraud Alert. Shine Your Eyes Game Sellers And Buyers (220 Views)

Video Gamers Shine Your Eyes This Season From Scammers And Dubious Sellers / Snap Your PC Wallpaper! No Lie... Got My Eyes On You (°_°) / Close Your Eyes And Type This With NO Autocorrect! And no HW KB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

�fraud Alert. Shine Your Eyes Game Sellers And Buyers by Ade1177: 8:00pm On Aug 05, 2023
Guys there's a format scammers have been using for long they have repackaged it now

A guy just scammed me and a seller together

Read carefully to avoid this next time

The scammer goes online to search for consoles then message the seller get the pictures and Most important the video of the console

Posing as a buyer

Now he edits it and post it online again
On different platforms

Now a new buyer
An innocent buyer will contact the Scammer thinking he is the real seller
They chat and he sends all the pictures and videos he collected from the original seller to the innocent buyer

Now this is where the scam is

On delivery
The scammer collects the address of the innocent buyer and sends it to the original seller making it seem like he is the one buying it and that is his address

Now the innocent buyer will prove smart by saying

You want to see the product and test it physically before paying
Fine

The scammer will also tell the original seller its pay on delivery

Now you sellers that send dispatch riders
You send the number of the dispatch to the buyer (in this case the scammer)

He sends it to the innocent buyer

Now at point of delivery
The innocent buyer continues talking to the scammer

While the scammer continues talking to the original seller saying his brother is the one collecting the item and they have met each other already

And tells the innocent buyer to not discuss payment or anything with the rider that they are just doing there job of delivery he (the scammer) will be the one to pay the rider

Now after the rider gets to the innocent buyer place
He takes the package and test it to his satisfaction

His mind is at rest that it's a genuine product and everything is intact

And he is seeing the item physically already

He sends money to the seller he has been chatting with(the imposter scammer)

After he receives money
He blocks and delete

Now leaves you. The rider and the original seller to start arguing and fighting each other on you paid
I didn't see the money you paid

To curb this in future
People that do payment on delivery
Always request for the rider to confirm from you first that the person you the rider met is indeed the person that is chatting you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: �fraud Alert. Shine Your Eyes Game Sellers And Buyers by Crafteck1: 1:48am On Aug 06, 2023
Man in the middle scam, i wrote about it 2 years ago

4 Likes

Re: �fraud Alert. Shine Your Eyes Game Sellers And Buyers by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2023
That's the reason I have been running from thread to thread. If I can't come and pick my stuff by myself or the seller can't come one one with me. No dispatch rider, no mumu something or my brother goes directly to buyer and get it. Then no dealing.
Re: �fraud Alert. Shine Your Eyes Game Sellers And Buyers by AyarmBoye(m): 3:00pm On Aug 06, 2023
This has been going on for years now....I'm amazed e never cast...I almost fell into this trap 2years ago....thankfully I used my personal rider and the rider was the one to gave buyer my account number.....buyer was surprised cause account details done turn 2 with different names ....

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Beach Buggy Racing 2 Mod Apk Latest V 2023.07.27 / How Video Games Like ‘starfield’ Are Creating A New Generation Of Classical 2023 / Any Hacked Ps4 Slim Seller In Edo State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.