Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale (1389 Views)

Buhari: Stop Begging Just Explain What Happened By Dele Sobowale / Dele Sobowale: Atiku Will Win Most Nigeria's Disputed Election / Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by Beautifulgirl(f): 6:26am On Aug 06, 2023
“It is quite impossible for those who want to gain power to avoid getting rid of those who are most likely to form the opposition” – Critias, 404 BC, VANGUARD BOOK OF QUOTATIONS, VBQ, p 196.

In addition to those in opposition, power-grabbers abhor those likely to form a rival source of allegiance by the people. Tinubu is President; but, he knows very well that the allegiance of the northern masses and elite remains with Buhari. So, the ex-President remains a rival who must be deleted as soon as possible. That idea was at the back of my mind when, a few weeks ago, I got published an article titled, CBN: TINUBU VERSUS BUHARI CLASH INEVITABLE. Below, I reproduce, as usual, the prophetic first two paragraphs of the article. The war is on!! And, only Almighty God knows what will follow.

“CBN: TINUBU VERSUS BUHARI CLASH INEVITABLE

When evil men must seek to perpetuate an unjust status quo; good men must try and bring into being real order of justice” – Reverend Martin Luther, Jr. 1929-1968.

The suspension and subsequent arrest of the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, has brought the inevitable collision between President Tinubu and ex-President Buhari closer than the two of them realise. Buhari, who hoped to have a peaceful retirement in Daura or Niger Republic, will soon discover that he had murdered sleep. Short of killing Emefiele, in order to silence him, the probe of the CBN ordered by Tinubu will reveal to what extent Buhari and his cabal, including Ministers and Advisers, privatised the bank. Since this is only a short article, and it is not my intention to reveal all the facts of violations of the Constitution, in which Buhari and Emefiele were involved, partly, this is designed to warn Tinubu that if, indeed he wants to fight corruption, he could not have started in a better place. This one will test his sincerity of purpose to the limit. To put it bluntly, the CBN was more recklessly looted, “on orders from above”, from 2015 to 2023, than even under the draconian regime of General Sani Abacha. Therefore, the first question to ask is whether or not Tinubu has the guts to step on all the toes and damn the consequences. We shall soon see”.

NO MORE NIGER FOR BUHARI

“Men make history; but, not just as they please” – Karl Marx, 1818-1883, VBQ.

Towards the end of his disastrous eight years in office, Buhari, half-mockingly, told Nigerians that if we disturbed his peace, he would move to Niger. I wrote a rejoinder asking him to go immediately – because it would be good riddance…

Now I dare him to go to Niger. Most probably, he will end up in the same black hole where the deposed President is now kept. So, Buhari is stuck in Nigeria and his successor, and leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Tinubu, had just made a pronouncement about how the CBN was managed under Buhari’s presidency. Even Bishop Hassan Kukah, who, a few weeks ago, declared the Buhari government the most corrupt in our history, did not go so far as Tinubu did in de-mystifying Buhari.  This is strange politics and its ramifications are still unknown to us. This is the new President of the ruling party, not the opposition, telling Nigerians that we have been mercilessly robbed by Buhari. Please read:

Tinubu, in his address on Monday, summarised the situation under Buhari as one in which fuel subsidy payments were “being funneled into the deep pockets and lavish bank accounts of a selected group of individuals. This group had amassed so much wealth and power that they became a serious threat to the fairness of our economy and the integrity of our democratic governance… To be blunt, Nigeria could never become the society it was intended to be as long as such small, powerful yet unelected groups hold enormous influence over our political economy and the institutions that govern it.” He went further to allege that there is “the elites of the elites, who have stolen so much from Nigeria that they have become so powerful as to constitute a threat to democratic governance.”

Tinubu was, of course, referring to the immediate past government of Buhari – who spent most of his eight years in office pointing accusing fingers at Jonathan and the PDP. Tinubu has merely confirmed what I have written so many times before. Buhari is a hypocrite; and he has used hypocrisy to mask the worst corruption in Nigerian history by any government. Truth is out.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/tinubu-versus-buhari-war-started-earlier-than-expected-by-dele-sobowale/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:27am On Aug 06, 2023
Both men are disaster to Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by helinues: 6:28am On Aug 06, 2023
Imaginary war
Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by SpatialKing(m): 6:36am On Aug 06, 2023
Snoring President E-Bola Tinubu of Nigeria is now the worst and most hated leader in Africa...

Is public review now 0

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by Iyasaburi: 6:43am On Aug 06, 2023
Dogs doesn't eat dogs. But what can God not do?
Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by Oxb90: 7:31am On Aug 06, 2023
That's their war. I have no interest.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by onumadu: 7:41am On Aug 06, 2023
To be blunt, Nigeria could never become the society it was intended to be as long as such small, powerful yet unelected groups hold enormous influence over our political economy and the institutions that govern it.” He went further to allege that there is “the elites of the elites, who have stolen so much from Nigeria that they have become so powerful as to constitute a threat to democratic governance.

He is not referring to Buhari. He is rather referring to powerful Nigerians who have vowed to checkmate him through the tribunal.
Tinubu won the first round of the fight by somehow hijacking INEC which totally did his bidding by announcing him as president elect.
That took the old war horses by surprise.
Now the old gladiators have laid ambush for him at the tribunal, and he knows he cannot win that fight.
So, he is looking for a way to disarm them.
Never believe that someone who rigged his way to power would use that power for any other thing than to feather his own nest.
The day I believe that Tinubu would put Nigeria first, is that day I believe in tooth fairy!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by Raheeqilmaktoom: 8:20am On Aug 06, 2023
I thought this form of reasoning is only displayed by obidients on NL, looks like vanguard is still in the cesspool where it was pre-2015.
Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by Ekejoestar(m): 8:59am On Aug 06, 2023
It's a pity, and a joke that the same sets of Nairalanders that defended Buhari during his term are still the same people defending Tinubu now.

Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they get because how can they leave Buhari who is aware and approved most of the cbn unfriendly policy and start blaming emefiele and this is worst among the Yoruba people.

But wetin concern me, shebi dey said that they want to teach us a lesson. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 06, 2023
Ekejoestar:
It's a pity, and a joke that the same sets of Nairalanders that defended Buhari during his term are still the same people defending Tinubu now.

Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they get because how can they leave Buhari who is aware and approved most of the cbn unfriendly policy and start blaming emefiele and this is worst among the Yoruba people.

But wetin concern me, shebi dey said that they want to teach us a lesson. Lol
I hated Buhari, still does but I like Tinubu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by PlayerMeji: 10:37am On Aug 06, 2023
Nothing else we would not hear from haters 😭😢
Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by Chinjo2: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2023
Bring it on
Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by WorldRichest: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2023
SpatialKing:
Snoring President E-Bola Tinubu of Nigeria is now the worst and most hated leader in Africa...

Is public review now 0

You go just kill yourself over someone whom nobody in your generation can never measure up to.
Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by Penguin2: 11:21am On Aug 06, 2023
I don’t know if Buhari was just putting up an act to deceive Nigerians but his observable disposition before the election was that he didn’t want Tinubu to succeed him.

I don’t know if it was Buhari that was too weak to stop Tinubu or Tinubu was too powerful to be stopped?

But it simply shows the level of indecisiveness that Buhari brought to Nigeria’s governance for 8 years.

Sources have said that the only reason Tinubu succeeded was because Buhari would not give orders in time as to who he wanted as successor.

Such an illiterate and senile malu😏
Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by DeAdvokate(m): 11:34am On Aug 06, 2023
Even Buhàri disappointed himself. That scam Nigerian with his fake anti corruption mantra
Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by StarRiderr: 11:56am On Aug 06, 2023
Spirit04:
I hated Buhari, still does but I like Tinubu.
because he is your tribes man see the day we as Nigerians put religious and tribal sentiments aside and start putting Nigeria first then I will know that we're getting there but as it's now ....make una forget
Re: Tinubu Versus Buhari War Started Earlier Than Expected, By Dele Sobowale by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
StarRiderr:
because he is your tribes man see the day we as Nigerians put religious and tribal sentiments aside and start putting Nigeria first then I will know that we're getting there but as it's now ....make una forget
I am from Edo state. Esan to be precise

(1) (Reply)

Portable And His Boys Beaten Up By Lekki Boys (video) / New Awka City Project update (video & Photos) / President Bola Tinubu, it’s time to release Nnamdi Kanu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.