Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Will the Opposition Come Close to Winning Lagos? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will the Opposition Come Close to Winning Lagos? (790 Views)

Obi Is Winning Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will the Opposition Come Close to Winning Lagos? by Penguin2: 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
its annoying when u igbos accuse others of tribalism even with the last election result
What was Jonathan’s winning percentage in the Southeast in 2011 and 2015?

What was Atiku’s winning percentage in the Southeast in 2019?
Re: Will the Opposition Come Close to Winning Lagos? by Penguin2: 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2023
inoki247:

Lol you people are just hypocrite...

Did Ngige married any Yoruba before you also tag him Yoruba candidate in Anambra and also made a Poster towards that just because he contest under ACN....

Igbokwe no du up to this before you guys even label him Sabo and ban him from coming to Anambra before you say anything first look yourself in the Mirror...

Can you people give igbokwe chance in Anambra to contest....
How many people were killed in trying to stop Ngige?

Again, remind me under what party Ngige won his senatorial seat against Dora Akunyili.

I’m waiting.
Re: Will the Opposition Come Close to Winning Lagos? by AndroBlaze: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2023
Penguin2:

What was Jonathan’s winning percentage in Southeast states in 2011 and 2015?

And what was Atiku’s winning percentage in southeast states in 2019?

Oga, don't give me work to do...did I give you work when I posted the percentages the most tribalistic ethnic group gave their son?

When you have finished posting your findings, please explain to us how this negates the fact that they have always been tribalistic? Because I am wondering how 5 states will always vote the same way over and over again...does that not suggest to a non-partisan bystander an extremely clannish mentality!

Anyway good luck fighting the barefaced truth.

Oh and a little gem for you below.

1 Like

Re: Will the Opposition Come Close to Winning Lagos? by inoki247: 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
Penguin2:

How many people were killed in trying to stop Ngige?

Again, remind me under what party Ngige won his senatorial seat against Dora Akunyili.

I’m waiting.

Stop deviating GRV av been contesting under PDP for Senator did anybody talks Abt him so stop trying to think you're smart...

I just try to let u know how you're just an hypocrite what you guy's won't take don't expect others to take it...

You label someone who's contesting under ACN for Governor a Yoruba candidate....

Did you see anybody label GRV anything when he was contesting under any party as a Senator that's how it is when someone is contesting for Senator people really don't av ur time because you will be representing only some part of the State and not all the state....

So stop trying to hide your hypocrisy....

Eti Osa Voted for LP as a rep member they didn't bother to check his CV or where ever is coming from that's how NASS election his nobody get time to check your CV most time Let him contest for Gubernatorial election if people won't start searching for his file left and right....

So stop trying to think you're wise you be hypocrite imagine comparing Senatorial election with a Gubernatorial election you can be love in ur area buh is a total different ball game people from other district might see you as threat and start looking for way to nail you....

So I ask again why did they label Ngige Contesting under ACN a Yoruba candidate did he marry any Yoruba is just a simple question stop trying to use question to answer question...

2 Likes

Re: Will the Opposition Come Close to Winning Lagos? by ImperialYoruba: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2023
Efewestern:

LP outperform PDP actually. Agbaje had the goodwill of his people, GVB didn't. If Abaje had contested this year under LP and with the new electoral laws in place, it would have been a total massacre.

GVB made it too easy to demarket and discredit him. Some things said during the campaign season were unnecessary. LP had the Obi wave to ride on, Agbaje didn't enjoy any of these luxury.

So will there be Obi wave to ride on in a Lagos of 2027 or thereafter? The Ibo rise in Lagos has crested, without any political victory to point to. Everything from here on is fenced, and ibo is outside that fence.
Re: Will the Opposition Come Close to Winning Lagos? by Aiel123: 5:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
Efewestern:

Lots of factors were in Gbadebo's favour. The endsars, Bad performance of APC, quest to end godfatherism and Obi wave.

Agbaje came really close I agree, that's because he had support from his ethnic group and non-indigenes. Also, the voter manipulations during the time that Agbaje contested was really high. Votes were forged from thin air. Like the case we had in riverine communities in Delta. The ruling party had LGAs in Lagos that could cancel votes from other zones.

Gbadebo missed it with his tweets, even during the campaign, he was giving some vibes unnecessary for a candidate.

The electoral laws limited lots of fraudulent voters manipulation, so if he had the support of the Yorubas who are the majority in the state, he would have won. But he played into APC's hand with his immaturity. It pains me for the opposition and democracy.
Gbadebo rode on Obi wave.
Like I said it will be very hard
2027 is another chance for the opposition.
Re: Will the Opposition Come Close to Winning Lagos? by Penguin2: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2023
AndroBlaze:

Oga, don't give me work to do...did I give you work when I posted the percentages the most tribalistic ethnic group gave their son?

When you have finished posting your findings, please explain to us how this negates the fact that they have always been tribalistic? Because I am wondering how 5 states will always vote the same way over and over again...does that not suggest to a non-partisan bystander an extremely clannish mentality!

Anyway good luck fighting the barefaced truth.

Oh and a little gem for you below.
It’s not clannish mentality Ogbeni…

Or is Jonathan a member of our clan?

Is Atiku a member of our clan?

Is Yaradua a member of our clan?

Is Obasanjo a member of our clan?

(1) (2) (Reply)

THE AFRICA REPORT: Nigeria "Not Giant Enough" To Join BRICS (PICS) / Breaking: Are You Aware Junaid Muhammed Is Already In Hell? Never Saw 2023 / Wike To Bandits: Enough Is Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.