Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,725 members, 7,862,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 01:56 PM

Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please (1174 Views)

Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / 20 Unbelievable Ways Cotonou Is Different From Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please by supergraeme: 8:29am On Aug 06, 2023
Hello everyone.

I'm and Englishman going to AFCON next year and seeing some other places at the same time. We're starting in Lagos and moving on to Cotonou. Normally we'd be very happy getting a bus but ABC Transport says that takes 10 hours+, and flying doesn't see to be an option (given the distance).

Google says it's only a three hour drive. I asked on Reddit and someone mentioned taxis from Badagry and that I'd definitely get an answer on here! I think we'll stay on Victoria Island in Lagos - would we be able to get a bus from there to Badagry, then a taxi to Cotonou? What might that cost?

Thanks all!
Re: Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please by madridguy(m): 8:38am On Aug 06, 2023
The ABC transport must be joking. Well, from VI, find your way to Badagry or Iyana-Iba where you will see bus/car going to Seme border. When you get to the border, just cross to Benin Republic and from there you will get Taxi that will take you to Cotonou.
Re: Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please by DeeBaDan: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2023
I must warn you the distance and the traffic jam between Victoria Island and Badagry is a real issue. You need to be really prepared.mentally for it. You would feel like it's travelling across continents cheesy

Trust me, you'll need between 8 -13 hours. The traffic on these axis is usually chaotic.

I just read thru your post again and noticed you mentioned using ABC transport. Please make sure you go with this option forget about the costs. This is the assured means of dealing with the travelling stress and enjoy some entertainment at the same time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please by madridguy(m): 8:44am On Aug 06, 2023
When last you passed that area? The road are good now and there won't be much traffic going except weekend.
From VI down to Badagry will be free flow especially in the morning because majority will be going out.

DeeBaDan:
I must warn you the distance and the traffic jam between Victoria Island and Badagry is a real issue. You need to be really prepared.mentally for it. You would feel like it's travelling across continents cheesy

Trust me, you'll need between 8 -13 hours. The traffic on these axis is usually chaotic.

I just read thru your post again and noticed you mentioned using ABC transport. Please make sure you go with this option forget about the costs. This is the assured means of dealing with the travelling stress and enjoy some entertainment at the same time.
Re: Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please by DeeBaDan: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2023
madridguy:
When last you passed that area? The road are good now and there won't be much traffic going except weekend.
From VI down to Badagry will be free flow especially in the morning because majority will be going out.

Really ? Cause I've always known it as a route to avoid. If such is the case 6-8 hours one should complete the journey then
Re: Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please by supergraeme: 10:19am On Aug 06, 2023
Thanks both - some interesting points there!

madridguy - what's wrong with ABC? We'll be doing it on a Monday in February if that makes any difference.

DeeBaDan - I do favour the idea of just getting the bus the whole way and not being concerned with anything - we're so short of time we can't risk anything going wrong, so ABC feels 'safe'. That said, if we can do it in 3/4 hours another way, that's more time in Cotonou.
Re: Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please by madridguy(m): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2023
I don't know what is wrong with ABC but I am sure some transport companies are still going to Cotonou.

supergraeme:

- what's wrong with ABC? We'll be doing it on a Monday in February if that makes any difference.

- I do favour the idea of just getting the bus the whole way and not being concerned with anything - we're so short of time we can't risk anything going wrong, so ABC feels 'safe'. That said, if we can do it in 3/4 hours another way, that's more time in Cotonou.
Re: Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please by DeeBaDan: 2:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
supergraeme:

madridguy - what's wrong with ABC? We'll be doing it on a Monday in February if that makes any difference.

DeeBaDan - I do favour the idea of just getting the bus the whole way and not being concerned with anything - we're so short of time we can't risk anything going wrong, so ABC feels 'safe'. That said, if we can do it in 3/4 hours another way, that's more time in Cotonou.

ABC doesn't just feel safe, ABC personifies safety. I recall they have agreents in place with border control so they won't waste time at the border either. You've done a good work researching them till this point. You should engage their services. I'm sure you're stacked up for a pleasurable ride. Funny me. I didn't even know there's going to be an AFCON next year. Damn, work is sucking us in

1 Like

Re: Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please by supergraeme: 5:55pm On Aug 06, 2023
I was just looking at how much an Uber was from Victoria Island to Jibowu Bus Stop, when it occurred to me - how much would an Uber be to Cotonou? And the current price is ₦ 27000 - which is exactly the same as the fare on ABC for one of us!

Could that be an option? I assumed it would be a crazy price......
Re: Travelling Betwen Lagos And Cotonou - Help Needed Please by Fiver: 10:08am On Jan 19
Have you considered driving there?

I'm looking for information regarding documents needed to cross the border with a car with cost implications

(1) (Reply)

Is Ogun State Full Of Touts? / How Do I Get To Dubai? / Masters Tuition Fees And Visa To The Uk Almost For Peanut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.