Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

What is your view about Inlaw's Visit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What is your view about Inlaw's Visit (2001 Views)

I'm I being rude to my mother Inlaw. / My Mother Inlaw Caught Me Kissing My Wife's Friend in our washroom. / Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by solajacobs(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2011
When is the best time for in-laws to visit couples?
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by bekay911(f): 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2011
one tin i hate is people showing up @ ma house unexpected with d intention of sleepn over.
If ur inlaws want 2 visit u dey should call b* hand and tell u guys if u r comfortable wit d plan dey can come bt if u have oda plans and u cant accomodate der visit den reschedule SIMPLE
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by blank(f): 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2011
Anytime the couple is comfortable with.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by solajacobs(m): 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2011
What time could then be considered as a wrong time?
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by bekay911(f): 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2011
depends on d coupke
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2011
I can't speak for others, but as for ourselves - at times that suit us. No sleep-overs.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by solajacobs(m): 10:19pm On Oct 11, 2011
Is there any special rule for it in any culture? Have you had any experience on this? How did you handle it? Share your views.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by sasimalia(f): 6:56am On Oct 12, 2011
solajacobs:

Is there any special rule for it in any culture? Have you had any experience on this? How did you handle it? Share your views.

We got married, and in my culture, it's not appropriate to visit newly weds at all especially during the first few months to 1 year after the wedding. My people even refuse to call me when they know my husband I home. I had to beg my aunt to come and visit me and even then she didnt even stay more than an hour. She and other family only came for my hubby's birthday. My other family only started calling again after about a month after the wedding.
Living overseas family or in-laws dont usually just show up but if we were back home I'm sure it would be difficult especially with sleep-overs and other expecting to come and stay for an extended period of time without letting you know. I know they probably would invite themselves which doesnt bother me that much unless I'm unaware of longer stays or the visits are too frequent.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by blank(f): 8:32am On Oct 12, 2011
It is individual preferences.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by solajacobs(m): 9:06pm On Oct 12, 2011
I have a strong feeling that this topic will benefit many homes if its put in the front page.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by solajacobs(m): 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2011
To some family,they have overcome this;to some,its a virus that must not be discussed at all while it is presently causing problem in some home,all they need is your candid advise/opinion. Keep contributing.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by femmy2010(m): 5:04am On Oct 13, 2011
Anytime that is best for the couple.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 13, 2011
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by ronkebp(f): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2011
I really do not have problems with my inlaws or my family visiting, i like people to visit my home, am a people person to an extent. The only problem i would have or have is the inability to walk around my home naked. I love being free.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by solajacobs(m): 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2011
How would you feel when an inlaw pay an unschedule visit when you (the man) are broke?
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by agborodun: 12:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
This is interesting
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by agborodun: 12:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
As far as am concerned,i will prefer them to call me and inform me of their plan to come at a later date,allow me to take decision if i want them to come or not,depending on the prevailing condition of my home at that time.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by agborodun: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
, part of the determinant in this case will be my pocket and my partner. Others may be level of our relationship with the person(s)
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by damorac: 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
This issue is presently causing a big problem in my family.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by Vindy: 9:12pm On Oct 17, 2011
Though im not yet married in the African settings if your doing well relations will always come visiting the amount of times they visit depends on high success you are, some are ready to come daily with different problems. I have stopped them from coming without prior notice, you must call and tell me why your coming,dont tell you love somuch thats why you want to see me cos when i had nothing nobody wanted to see me.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by damorac: 3:31am On Oct 18, 2011
Vindy:

Though im not yet married in the African settings if your doing well relations will always come visiting the amount of times they visit depends on high success you are, some are ready to come daily with different problems. I have stopped them from coming without prior notice, you must call and tell me why your coming,dont tell you love somuch thats why you want to see me cos when i had nothing nobody wanted to see me.

you are right.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by solajacobs(m): 3:36am On Oct 18, 2011
femmy2010:

Anytime that is best for the couple.
hmmn,
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by Owugal(f): 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2011
you guys are lucky ohh, when the couple is okay with it ke

my husbands uncle tried to stay with us on our wedding night. thank god we had a hotel room reserved. he stayed but we left the house.

when we came back from honeymoon which lasted 2 days anyway, a series of his family were now in and out. aunty for 2 months, cousins etc. because now he has a wife to cook, unlike before when he was a bachelor and we were in the states then.

and now that we live in africa, they visit me around 5am in the morning. until i stared working then they just showed up anytime after 10pm sometimes after midnight, telling me, mama, we are hungry ohh. and they stay for ever.

its moments like this that i wish i married a different man.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by Owugal(f): 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2011
Also it pays for your in-laws to think your wife has a few issues. if you are a woman, you might need to be a little of a mean woman, otherwise, they will visit you at 6a.m on a Sunday morning and request you cook for them even when you are ready to go out to church.

this happened to me. but a few incidents have made people aware that i may not be 100% stable.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by solajacobs(m): 7:55am On Oct 19, 2011
Owu gal:

you guys are lucky ohh, when the couple is okay with it ke

my husbands uncle tried to stay with us on our wedding night. thank god we had a hotel room reserved. he stayed but we left the house.

when we came back from honeymoon which lasted 2 days anyway, a series of his family were now in and out. aunty for 2 months, cousins etc. because now he has a wife to cook, unlike before when he was a bachelor and we were in the states then.

and now that we live in africa, they visit me around 5am in the morning. until i stared working then they just showed up anytime after 10pm sometimes after midnight, telling me, mama, we are hungry ohh. and they stay for ever.

its moments like this that i wish i married a different man.
this your case is serious o.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by amdman: 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2011
Whatever suits you.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by blacklion(m): 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2011
Isn't this issue overflogged already on nairaland

Oh, I forgot, favourite discussion topic for the ladies. Funny enough, most of those spitting fire in such discussions are actually single ladies grin
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by solajacobs(m): 5:56am On Oct 26, 2011
[quote author=blacklion li
Isn't this issue overflogged already on nairaland

Funny enough, most of those spitting fire in such discussions are actually single ladies grin
[quote][/quote]
the fact that they have 'single' in their profile does not mean they have remained single since they joined this forum. I guess you will understand the importance of this topic when you get married.
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by blacklion(m): 8:31am On Oct 26, 2011
Therefore the topic should be endlessly re-cycled?

What does any one have to say that is new? 

We already know 99% of Nigerian ladies (married and single) detest the mere thought of a visit by in-laws especially female; the remaining 1% might tolerate an in-law visiting provided it lasts not more than 10 minutes. 100% of Nigerian ladies pray to marry a guy whose mum is late and has no sisters. wink

So what is your novel insight or contribution to the topic? grin
Re: What is your view about Inlaw's Visit by solajacobs(m): 10:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
na you sabi o

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Issues- Concerns / Why Is It Important For The Man Of The House To Go To Church With His Family / Women And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.