Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,373 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Burying God! - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Burying God! (739 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burying God! by bibiking1(m): 6:03am On Sep 10, 2007
i wait in anxiety
as my heart gets knowledge
of the sight before me.

with their Agbada's
and Babariga's they toil
diligently

they are soaked
in the sweat of perverse ways
i smell the combined stench
it is a strong smell of ill gotten wealth

i fear being caught
but they are too engrossed to bother
the hole must be covered fast

they lay in the already
decomposed body
and begin to replace the earth

with care i slip back into the forest
one of many eyes that saw it

the grave diggers
burying God!
Re: Burying God! by denex: 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2007
I already commented on this somewhere else, but I just wanted to say I really enjoyed it and that you always write about important issues that everyone else ignores.

I know you've been busy these past couple of months so lemme see what you've been up to.
Re: Burying God! by RuuDie(m): 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2007
There's some intense cipher write there. . . . . i'm not g'onna fool anybody least of all me'self by tryna act like i understand a line of whats written out there but the visual representations running around in my head of what it could possibly be about is testament to what a quality poem it is - vague, undecipherable; seeming gibberish but loaded with a powerful, powerful message that only the author can vividly outline!

That title just grabs u by the scruff of ur neck and u gots no choice but 2 read - I doff my hat guy, u 2 much!
Re: Burying God! by bibiking1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 03, 2007
Thanks man, i am quite elated that some one does love my work
Re: Burying God! by RuuDie(m): 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2007
bibiking1:

Thanks man, i am quite elated that some one does love my work

N'ah man. . . . u shld be getting all the thanx 4 giving us a piece 2 relish cool
Re: Burying God! by nex(m): 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2009
bibiking1, that my brother from another pair of parents.

@Ruudie

he was talking about corruption. And the total lack of conscience with which it is done by those up there, the impunity with which it is carried out. It becomes clear that they've not only dismissed God, they've "taken care" of Him.

(1) (Reply)

Last Time / Young Writers, Let's Meet Here To Duologue What We Love Doing Which Is... / Silent Paths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.