Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

What If Marriage Were Temporary - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What If Marriage Were Temporary (11474 Views)

If Marriage Na Exam, You Go Enjoy Am More If / Family Of 3 Needs A Temporary Accommodation Calabar / Don't Let Young Boys Fool You Into Their Temporary Lust. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Ndipe(m): 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2023
Temporary marriages are common in places like Iran where it can be renewed constantly. It is called sigheh.

2 Likes

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by debbydams(f): 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2023
Chironks:
If marriage certificates were to expire like driver's licenses, would you renew yours?

Also, what would be your reason to renew or not renew?

I won't
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by mathew5625: 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
hello nairalanders,help a fellow.im in need of job,im a certified driver but i dont mind doing any job,pls help a soul before depression kill me
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by BlackyOne: 9:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
donbachi:
I will protest for an eternal certificate....dat will enable me live with my wife for life.

That's lovely, but are you aware marriage is not suppose to have an end, the Plan was for marriage to continue for all eternities that not even death can stop, it's still possible even today under the proper power & authority.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by meobizy(f): 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2023
Abeg, let it be a thing. There are too many unmarriageable folks who pose for short periods of time. Better they pretend for the rest of their lives than enter a permanent situation to do their worst.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Poleski: 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2023
Chironks:
If marriage certificates were to expire like driver's licenses, would you renew yours?

Also, what would be your reason to renew or not renew?

Then it won't be called marriage anymore. It would be called something like love partnership. Many would rather leave their relationship at courting level than go through renewals, unless they've got material things to gain.
Mind you having a permanent or temporary certificate doesn't guarantee a long and viable relationship.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by zaxviltin: 11:17pm On Aug 07, 2023
Embark on a captivating culinary odyssey as italian restaurant west village unveils a world of flavors that will ignite your senses and transport you to new realms of taste. Nestled in the heart of the city, our restaurant invites you to experience a gastronomic journey like no other, where every dish is a revelation of culinary artistry.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Nobody: 5:13am On Aug 08, 2023
donbachi:
I will protest for an eternal certificate....dat will enable me live with my wife for life.

You're a very SIMP-LE man
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Chironks: 8:29am On Aug 08, 2023
Kcdojoto:
CAPITAL NO, I won't renew mine

Ahhhh shocked
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Chironks: 8:43am On Aug 08, 2023
Omuuvwie:
Renew ko Renew nii, How I wish it was temporary, I would have been too glad, I would have take off from the bondage that I am in at the moment all in the name of marriage.

There's always a solution. It just depends on your approach and how much work you and your partner are willing to put in to make your lives better.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Chironks: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2023
Ndipe:
Temporary marriages are common in places like Iran where it can be renewed constantly. It is called sigheh.

True and thanks for bringing this to light.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Ndipe(m): 9:17am On Aug 08, 2023
You are welcome. I first read about it in this novel, The blood of flowers, by Anita Amirrezvani. Most view it as legalized prostitution.

Chironks:

True and thanks for bringing this to light.

1 Like

Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Lovelydaisies: 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
I would renew mine.

The fact that marriage is for life hasn't deterred people from divorce and separation. How much more when it's temporary or a contract? Would one then give their all to make it work? After all, it's only for so-and-so years.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by Exceed15: 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You are right, but not in the sense you think.
Marriage certificate is only a very small part of what forces people to stay in a marriage [and most people are "forced"]
A better question would be "If you had it to do over again would you marry exactly as you did?"

No bro.
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by DonroxyII: 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
Chironks:
I like how you use Submissive for the wife but how come you didn't put Love in place of Dominant or Dominate for men?
Bro, This is 2023 ... Love na for 2003 .. 20years ago ...

Now na to Be able to Undertake "Responsibilities" if U wan make Ya Wife Respect You if not ...

You go Chop am ... Hmmm
Re: What If Marriage Were Temporary by sureinfo: 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
Chironks:

lol
that na just wetin dey smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Couples Crying During Wedding... Why? / A Depressed House Wife Needs Urgent Advice / How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.