Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,973 members, 7,866,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Advice From Resourceful Agribusiness Expert - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Advice From Resourceful Agribusiness Expert (125 Views)

FG Launches Startup Nigeria To Promote Agribusiness / Why Foreign Investors Are Ignoring Nigeria’s Agribusiness – Minister / 5 Agribusiness You Can Start In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice From Resourceful Agribusiness Expert by madaosmosis(m): 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
Good day reader, this is a true life situation, I will like to keep my identity for some few reasons, I'm a Nigerian in my early 30s who is into agriculture, I have a master's degree from a prestigious university in Southwest Nigeria where I studied crop as well, after my masters degree I was opportuned to work in an agricultural research organization in Ibadan as well and I developed interest in agriculture which I've been doing on a backyard scale since my undergraduate days. I started crowdfunding for cattle and sheep farming during my MSc days with some progress and upon starting work after MSc I bought some farmlands in a village in Ibadan where I started full time cropping, along the line a problem happened in my area and I have to move my cattle to a Fulani man to avoid some of the problems, with the Fulani man, most of the cattles developed some ailments and we have to sell them before the target period, I continued with being optimistic and I also started crowdfunding for crop production, with my monthly job and the agribusiness I started becoming relevant in the agricultural space in my area, fast forward to some years, problem of payment of fund start piling up, we lost several animals which are those of our farm and crowdfunded animals, we closed our animal farm and lose some of our clients who have trust in us, we have to borrow money to pay some people money that they invested in us. Along the line I lost my job due to COVID-19, after some months I was called back and the farming business was not progressing. With the fear of job security, I started looking for PhD programs which I later got in Benin republic, I left my workplace in Ibadan and traveled to Benin republic to start PhD after a month my supervisor there instructed me to start working for an undergraduate lady's project that he will later tell me when to start my own project whenever he wish. I count this as a red flag and I told him I can't do that, I returned to Ibadan and continue my farming business, along the line, some debts and repayment have piled up, the little profit I'm making was used in debt settlement, the cycle keeps going like that, once any huge money come in, it will be used in settling debt, so as I write this content, I am left with 9 acres of farmland in a rural area which have oil palm, plantain, cashew, cocoa, coconut and orange . As at now I have some debts to clear which are all farm related. So I will be seeking for your advice and recommendations.

(1) (Reply)

Major Challenges In The Catfish Farming Business / Grain Silos...call 07053437836 For More Information And Enquiry / Environmental And Legal Considerations For Disposing Of Cannabis Waste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.