Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,310 members, 7,829,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja (722 Views)

How Is The Strike By Bus Drivers In Lagos Affecting You? / If You Travel By Air A Lot, Beware Of Over Friendly Chatty Seat Neighbours. / Xenophobia: Nigerians Board A Bus To South African Airport, Set To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja by hellohowareyou: 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hello Nairalanders!, hope you all are doing well. This is my first post of the forum. Really glad to be here! I wish to ask of a problem i'm very much concerned about. i'm going to Abuja for medical treatment and apparently i have to travel by bus not plane because of lack of funds. I wish to ask how safe is traveling by bus from Delta state to Abuja? Will there be danger? Is there anything i should look out for when traveling that far?. This is my first ever time travelling by bus to a very far distance and it gives me a lot of anxiety. Thank you for reading
Re: Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja by jetwonder(m): 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
grin
If you get money, enter plane! Don't take risk
Re: Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja by hellohowareyou: 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
jetwonder:
grin
If you get money, enter plane! Don't take risk
But do you have any experience travelling by bus to a far distance?
Re: Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja by hellohowareyou: 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
hellohowareyou:

If so please tell me how your experience was like
Re: Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja by dotenv: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
hellohowareyou:

D
hellohowareyou:

Don’t know if this will be helpful. I did travel by road to Abuja from Lagos in April. The journey was smooth, albeit stressful.
I boarded “God is Good”, to and fro.
Yes I had security concerns, but if you can’t afford flight, try and make use of a good transport company.
Save trip, and quick recovery…
Re: Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
hellohowareyou:
Hello Nairalanders!, hope you all are doing well. This is my first post of the forum. Really glad to be here! I wish to ask of a problem i'm very much concerned about. i'm going to Abuja for medical treatment and apparently i have to travel by bus not plane because of lack of funds. I wish to ask how safe is traveling by bus from Delta state to Abuja? Will there be danger? Is there anything i should look out for when traveling that far?. This is my first ever time travelling by bus to a very far distance and it gives me a lot of anxiety. Thank you for reading

Use God is Good motors or ABC transport. They have speed breakers in all their buses and it's very safe. For the roads so far, my cousin told me it's safe too since late last year compared to 2021 and earlier. You have nothing to fear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja by mbembe: 11:22am On Aug 10, 2023
Absolutely nothing to fear. Join GIG or Delta line. Try and avoid not too popular transport companies. You will be just fine. stop worrying as anxiety only help to exacerbate your health challenges. Remember to pray and also don't do night trips. Good luck.
Re: Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja by Headward: 4:38pm On Aug 10, 2023
Nothing to fear actually, I went to Abuja from Ondo State 2 times in a week some weeks ago trust me it's safe. God be with us.
Re: Safety Of Travel By Bus To Abuja by Kenn55: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2023
I understand your anxiety. However, it is important to note that insecurity issues does not happen all the time 24/7. Even if a road is unsecured does not mean that kidnappers or arm robbers will operate 24/7 on it, it's all about timing which you have no control over.

Night journeys are the worst but then there are still majority of the people who get to their destination in peace even in boko haram areas.

Insecurity can happen anywhere and anytime. It's all about probabilities of occurrence. A place is said to be safe if the probability of bad things happening is very low not because it is zero because it can never be zero mathematically. For example, what is the chance of an arm robbery or being kidnapped in Canada and Nigeria roads? The difference is in their probabilities not because it can never happen in Canada. While Canada may be 0.1%, Nigeria may be 5%. If this is the calculated answer, it still means that 95% of Nigerians will not experience arm robbery or kidnapping while travelling on Nigerian roads despite the general consensus of insecurity.

What I'm trying to say is don't be scared if you don't have means to take a flight. You don't have control over when bad guys will strike but the chances of you not experiencing anything bad is far higher than experiencing bad things. At least this should give you some confidence.
So the koko of the matter is to pray not be at the right place at the wrong time

(1) (Reply)

Ghanaians,help Needed! / This Is Not A Joke / Thanks,but You Can Still Make It If Only You Want To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.