Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom (818 Views)

Messi Receives A Guard Of Honour & Award From PSG Teammates, Staff / Megan Rapinoe Wins Women's Ballon D'or / American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Ashleyokeneye(f): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2023
Megan Anna Rapinoe is an American professional soccer player who plays as a winger for OL Reign of the National Women's Soccer League, as well as the United States national team. President Joe Biden on Thursday awarded the American soccer star Megan Rapinoe the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor.

Rapinoe was among 17 recipients, along with gymnast and fellow Olympian Simone Biles, the Academy Award-winning actor Denzel Washington and Sen. John McCain, the Arizona Republican who died in 2018. Rapinoe is the first soccer player to receive the award and one of just six female athletes or coaches.

"Beyond the World Cup title to Olympic medals, Megan is a champion for essential American truth that everyone is entitled to be treated with dignity and respect," Biden said at the award ceremony at the White House. "She helped lead the change for perhaps the most important victory for anyone on our soccer team or any soccer team: equal pay for women."
Rapinoe has been a member of the U.S. Women's National Team since 2006 and has helped the team win two Olympic medals and two World Cup championships. Off the field, she has made a name for herself for her contribution to LGBTQ equality and equality in women's sports.

In 2016, Rapinoe and four other U.S. Women’s National Team players filed an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission complaint against the U.S. Soccer Federation, alleging gender discrimination. Then in 2019, 28 members of the team, including Rapinoe, filed a similar lawsuit, citing years of gender discrimination in pay, medical treatment and overall workload.

The group of five players reached a settlement with the U.S. Soccer Federation in February, receiving $24 million and securing an agreement from the federation to pay men and women equally in all exhibition games, or friendlies, and tournaments. “For us, this is just a huge win in ensuring that we not only right the wrongs of the past, but set the next generation up for something we only dreamed of,” Rapinoe told NBC’s “TODAY” show after the settlement was reached.

The Presidential Medal of Freedom was established by the Truman administration in 1945 to commemorate civilian efforts during World War II. But in 1963, President John F. Kennedy revived the tradition, honoring leading figures in American culture and innovation. Winning starts here! Join our sports platform and dominate the game. Register on ILOT now.

Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by chiefolododo(m): 10:20am On Aug 09, 2023
This award is not football based

1 Like

Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by mideolu437: 11:51am On Aug 09, 2023
chiefolododo:
This award is not football based
Megan Anna Rapinoe is an American professional soccer player who plays as a winger for OL Reign of the National Women's Soccer League

It not Football what each? I am here to learn more about Sports
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by samsondave: 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ashleyokeneye:

Megan Anna Rapinoe is an American professional soccer player who plays as a winger for OL Reign of the National Women's Soccer League, as well as the United States national team. President Joe Biden on Thursday awarded the American soccer star Megan Rapinoe the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor.

Rapinoe was among 17 recipients, along with gymnast and fellow Olympian Simone Biles, the Academy Award-winning actor Denzel Washington and Sen. John McCain, the Arizona Republican who died in 2018. Rapinoe is the first soccer player to receive the award and one of just six female athletes or coaches.

"Beyond the World Cup title to Olympic medals, Megan is a champion for essential American truth that everyone is entitled to be treated with dignity and respect," Biden said at the award ceremony at the White House. "She helped lead the change for perhaps the most important victory for anyone on our soccer team or any soccer team: equal pay for women."
Rapinoe has been a member of the U.S. Women's National Team since 2006 and has helped the team win two Olympic medals and two World Cup championships. Off the field, she has made a name for herself for her contribution to LGBTQ equality and equality in women's sports.

In 2016, Rapinoe and four other U.S. Women’s National Team players filed an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission complaint against the U.S. Soccer Federation, alleging gender discrimination. Then in 2019, 28 members of the team, including Rapinoe, filed a similar lawsuit, citing years of gender discrimination in pay, medical treatment and overall workload.

The group of five players reached a settlement with the U.S. Soccer Federation in February, receiving $24 million and securing an agreement from the federation to pay men and women equally in all exhibition games, or friendlies, and tournaments. “For us, this is just a huge win in ensuring that we not only right the wrongs of the past, but set the next generation up for something we only dreamed of,” Rapinoe told NBC’s “TODAY” show after the settlement was reached.

The Presidential Medal of Freedom was established by the Truman administration in 1945 to commemorate civilian efforts during World War II. But in 1963, President John F. Kennedy revived the tradition, honoring leading figures in American culture and innovation. Winning starts here! Join our sports platform and dominate the game. Register on ILOT now.

Big Congrates to Her
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Seniormanfeyi06(m): 11:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
This lesbian again
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Fakeashley: 9:02am On Aug 10, 2023
Seniormanfeyi06:
This lesbian again

Is Megan Anna Rapinoe a Lesbian? I have not heard for that before
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Abike101: 11:25am On Aug 10, 2023
Seniormanfeyi06:
This lesbian again
The person giving her the award himself is the Father and sponsor of Gey. Morever no one knows her until the Award
FREDOM
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Ashleycole9998: 4:58pm On Aug 10, 2023
Abike101:

The person giving her the award himself is the Father and sponsor of Gey. Morever no one knows her until the Award
FREDOM

WILL YOU KEEP QUIET
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by samsondave: 11:38am On Aug 11, 2023
Ashleyokeneye:

Congratulations to Her
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by johnsaman: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2023
[quote author=samsondave post=125036266][/quote]

iLOTBET thank you for my payout ooo, very fast withdrawer with ease to my OPAY account
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Fakeashley: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2023
johnsaman:

iLOTBET thank you for my payout ooo, very fast withdrawer with ease to my OPAY account

Congratulations
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Tomken1: 9:15am On Aug 14, 2023
Fakeashley:

Congratulations
Please ooo, who win any weekend games? try and share tips so we can follow this week trends
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by tinuke19: 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
Tomken1:
Please ooo, who win any weekend games? try and share tips so we can follow this week trends
Search iLOTBET on Telegram to join there channel that is how i find them

Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Ashleycole9998: 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2023
tinuke19:

I'm using Telegraph,Can I get it there?
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by marachizita: 1:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
Ashleycole9998:

I'm using Telegraph,Can I get it there?
I think Telegram and Telegraph are the same
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Ashleycole9998: 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
marachizita:
I think Telegram and Telegraph are the same

Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Adegbe67: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2023
[quote author=Ashleycole9998 post=125152249][/quote]

It this still on, Manchester United
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Seniormanfeyi06(m): 11:10am On Aug 18, 2023
You can please Google it and see.

Is Megan Anna Rapinoe a Lesbian? I have not heard for that before[/quote]
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by MDkelly: 6:18am On Aug 20, 2023
Ashleyokeneye:

Congratulations to the Lesbians ⚽⚽⚽⚽🏈
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Fakeashley: 10:25am On Aug 21, 2023
MDkelly:

Congratulations to the Lesbians ⚽⚽⚽⚽🏈

All Sports updates here https:///Iv4daXSxUrD7nc68NTY9Gc
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Lughasemeka: 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2023
Fakeashley:

All Sports updates here https:///Iv4daXSxUrD7nc68NTY9Gc

Do you people drops iLOTBET Booking codes
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by samsondave: 9:57am On Aug 22, 2023
Lughasemeka:

Do you people drops iLOTBET Booking codes

I do free iLOTBET Sports Games Booking, I will update it here soon
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by oluwadarajoe: 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
samsondave:

I do free iLOTBET Sports Games Booking, I will update it here soon

We are waiting for your games since
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Abike101: 11:31am On Aug 24, 2023
Abike101:

Jenni Hermoso calls for exemplary measures after kiss by Spanish FA president Luis Rubiales
As Spain won the World Cup 1-0 against England on Sunday, Luis Rubiales embraced and kissed Jenni Hermoso on the trophy podium. Rubiales has been criticized for the incident, while Rapinoe asked: "What kind of upside-down world do we live in?"
Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez described Rubiales' apology as "insufficient," even though he initially called his critics idiots. Rubiales apologized on Monday but is still facing calls to resign.
In a joint statement released by her union and agency on Wednesday, she said: "My union, FUTPRO, and my agency, TMJ, are defending my interests and acting as my interlocutors.
We strive to ensure that acts such as those we have seen are never left unpunished, that they are sanctioned, and that exemplary measures are taken to protect women footballers from such actions.
Later, FIFPRO supported Hermoso and requested FIFA investigate Rubiales.
"We reiterated that it was deeply lamentable that such a special moment for the players of the Spanish national team taking place before a global television audience should be stained by the inappropriate conduct of an individual in a role carrying so much responsibility," the union stated.
Putting players in a position of vulnerability by someone who holds a position of power over them at their workplace is not appropriate or acceptable in any context, and especially when they are uninvited and uninvited.
Next Monday, FUTPRO will meet with Yolanda Diaz, Spain's second deputy leader, to ensure Rubiales' actions are "duly sanctioned"
It was announced on Tuesday night that the Spanish federation (RFEF) had called an extraordinary general assembly meeting for Friday, and that "internal proceedings" were underway.
Rubiales kiss shows sexism and misogyny in Spanish football
According to Rapinoe, Rubiales' actions highlight the organization's "misogyny and sexism."
Rapinoe, who played for the United States in the World Cup, told American magazine The Atlantic: "There was one other picture that showed how deeply sexist that federation was and how that man (Rubiales) grabbed his crotch at the final whistle."
Jenni is physically assaulted by this guy on the biggest stage, where you should be celebrating.
Before the finals, 15 Spain players were involved in a dispute with the federation about Jorge Vilda's coaching methods.
RFEF refused to budge, saying those involved could only return to the national team "if they accept their mistake and ask for forgiveness."
Rapinoe said some of the players who stood up last year still aren't on the team.
It might have galvanized them, but it shouldn't be necessary.
On Monday, Rubiales said the kiss "sprang spontaneously and without bad intent" but that it "seems to have caused a commotion.
Register on iLOT Bet for Your Kings Sports Football Updates
POST SOURCE FROM #SkySports #Ilotbet
https:///DWTLvRHlmIV747xzkTBlPE

Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by oluwadarajoe: 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
[quote author=Abike101 post=125325624][/quote]
He didn't Kiss Her, Try look at that picture very well it was just a close hug and He did not meant to Kiss her. I think there is somesone who wants him off the office so he could replace him, I think there is Polities involved in this
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by chimamandaafam0: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2023
oluwadarajoe:

He didn't Kiss Her, Try look at that picture very well it was just a close hug and He did not meant to Kiss her. I think there is somesone who wants him off the office so he could replace him, I think there is Polities involved in this

I think He just tried to
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Khalidade: 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
chimamandaafam0:

I think He just tried to

Please complete your statements He try to do what?
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by PrincessJoanna: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2023
Khalidade:

Please complete your statements He try to do what?
KISS ME
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by marachizita: 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2023
PrincessJoanna:
KISS ME

I watched the video he didn't kiss her and I think they have something ease on him
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by Tomken1: 8:30am On Aug 29, 2023
tinuke19:

I need booking code for today
Re: American Football Star Megan Rapinoe Receives A Presidential Medal Of Freedom by tinuke19: 10:06am On Aug 29, 2023
Tomken1:

I need booking code for today

Join here for booking codes

iLotbet Bet9ja 1Xbet Booking Codes
https:///DWTLvRHlmIV747xzkTBlPE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strictly For Ac Milan Fans:collect Ur Id Numder Now For Easy Access: / Sorraholism / Lessons From The Kop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.