Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Whose Fault Is It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whose Fault Is It? (724 Views)

If Your Child Is Suffering From Sickle Cell Disease (SS), It Is Your Fault!!! / Who Is At Fault- Husband Or Wife. / Cheating In Marriage, Is It the side chick's fault? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Fault Is It? by ColdHunter(f): 1:08am On Aug 10, 2023
You flag a bike and tell bike man your destination. He tells you to board and he zooms off. Theres no mention of price during the journey.

Note that even though price wasnt discussed, the destination is a popular one and has a well known price even though not written.

You get to your destination and pay bikeman the "popular" rate but he disagrees and names a higher price.

Whose fault is it in this situation? Bikeman that failed to name his price before taking off or passenger that failed to ask for price before embarking.

Nlfpmod mynd44
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by Taylor90: 1:10am On Aug 10, 2023
Fuel don cost give am him money

3 Likes

Re: Whose Fault Is It? by Tripitaka: 1:15am On Aug 10, 2023
It's the bikemans fault.

As the provider or seller of a service or product, it is your prerogative to name your price before rendering your service or handing over your goods.

Failure to do this means you should be ready to accept any price which the buyer deems appropriate.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Fault Is It? by PoliteActivist: 1:33am On Aug 10, 2023
Even if they agree on a price the customer may still not pay, and say he doesn't have money - or even rob him! So it is part of the bike man's risk of business - it's always his fault (to remove the risk, insist on money in advance!)

2 Likes

Re: Whose Fault Is It? by silvoclaira: 2:14am On Aug 10, 2023
In the midst of all of these passenger/rider katakata, the bike man still remains the victim sad
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by chatinent: 2:50am On Aug 10, 2023
Mutual fault.

1 Like

Re: Whose Fault Is It? by jonero4(m): 4:15am On Aug 10, 2023
Dollar is now #900 And fuel is #700 sis plz add something to it.
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by Puss360(f): 6:22am On Aug 10, 2023
Well, it's the duty of the bike man to name his price...
But I feel with the way things goes up everyday, we can't feign ignorance... So we have to say what we have before we board bike, or even bus...

These transport workers are very aggressive... Any little thing can resort to fight..
And by the way, there's nothing like general price of goods and services here in Nigeria...
Everybody wants to exploit the next person...

Bike man that will carry a young boy to a place for #150, will carry a matured adult whose car breakdown nearby to thesame place for #300...
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Whose Fault Is It? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:42am On Aug 10, 2023
As a prophet I don't pay for bike cos the Earth is the Lord's and his fullness thereof.

So I can enter any bike to anywhere, if the bike man disturbs me for money, I'll tell him to ask God, cos I'm a servant of God.

This I have seen.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Fault Is It? by ColdHunter(f): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2023
FalseProphet1:
As a prophet I don't pay for bike cos the Earth is the Lord's and his fullness thereof.

So I can enter any bike to anywhere, if the bike man disturbs me for money, I'll tell him to ask God, cos I'm a servant of God.

This I have seen.

As a prophet, you should have just disappeared and reappear at your destination
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by FalseProphet1(m): 8:51am On Aug 10, 2023
ColdHunter:
As a prophet, you should have just disappeared and reappear at your destination
I'm not a magician I'm a prophet.

Re: Whose Fault Is It? by Amarisco(f): 1:00am On Aug 12, 2023
Tripitaka:
It's the bikemans fault.

As the provider or seller of a service or product, it is your prerogative to name your price before rendering your service or handing over your goods.

Failure to do this means you should be ready to accept any price which the buyer deems appropriate.

Ahah, you’ve returned from your sabbatical!? 🎉
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by Childfree: 7:09am On Aug 12, 2023
The passenger.

Would you just enter into a restaurant, order food without knowing the price? Even if you do, definitely you are prepared and okay with whatever price it would be.

When people eat food and it turns out they don't have enough money to pay. Everyone would bash them for not asking the price before eating. How is it different from this?

E.g point A to B is a straight drop and it is known that bikers charge #100. I wouldn't even ask. Just like keke, I drop and hand the exact know price. I doubt if there would be a tussle in this kind of scenarios.

If I would be taking a bike from point A to C then E, definitely I would inquire about his price. The bike man dictate his price not you.
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by ecolime(m): 8:01am On Aug 12, 2023
It's the Bikeman's fault. You should tell your customer price before boarding.
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 12, 2023
Passenger's fault. You know your pocket and it's only sensible to bargain according to your pocket before proceeding. Pansophist what do you think?
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by pansophist(m): 9:06am On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:
Passenger's fault. You know your pocket and it's only sensible to bargain according to your pocket before proceeding. Pansophist what do you think?

It is incumbent on whoever has a bigger degree of loss, to make sure he doesn't lose. In this case, it is the driver. It's the driver's fault.

In every transaction, you will never see a buyer/service solicitor motivated to pay more than necessary. If possible, buyers even want it for free. These are basic business principles.

So what will the driver do now? Will he spend more time, burn more fuel, and increase his vehicle mileage to return the passenger to the point of departure? Of course not.

If you look at other transactions that are not payment delayed (eg buying a bottle of water from a hawker), the seller names his/her price beforehand, and it is up to the buyer to decide to pay.

The bike man should have done the same, since by the nature of his business, services rendered cant be reversed (eg return the water if you won't pay it). He has more to loose to therefore, he should safeguard his interest by saying his price before rendering of services.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Fault Is It? by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 12, 2023
pansophist:

It is incumbent on whoever has a bigger degree of loss, to make sure he doesn't lose. In this case, it is the driver. It's the driver's fault.

In every transaction, you will never see a buyer/service solicitor motivated to pay more than necessary. If possible, buyers even want it for free. These are basic business principles.

So what will the driver do now? Will he spend more time, burn more fuel, and increase his vehicle mileage to return the passenger to the point of departure? Of course not.

If you look at other transactions that are not payment delayed (eg buying a bottle of water from a hawker), the seller names his/her price beforehand, and it is up to the buyer to decide to pay.

The bike man should have done the same, since by the nature of his business, services rendered cant be reversed (eg return the water if you won't pay it). He has more to loose to therefore, he should safeguard his interest by saying his price before rendering of services.

Nice, someone I know had this argument few days back with a driver and I blamed her for not negotiating before service was rendered and she insisted she wasn't wrong. Well I guess I was wrong then. Nagode
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by pansophist(m): 9:25am On Aug 12, 2023
IconicR:
Nice, someone I know had this argument few days back with a driver and I blamed her for not negotiating before service was rendered and she insisted she wasn't wrong. Well I guess I was wrong then. Nagode

This doesn't mean the passenger shouldn't have negotiated the price beforehand. Both the buyer and the seller have a responsibility to know the conditions of their deal.

I am only saying that out of the two of them, the driver has more to lose, so therefore, has more responsibility to say his price beforehand, before rendering his services. If when they reached the destination and the customer can't pay up for example, what will he do?

You solve issues from the foundations and avoid unnecessary problems in the future. For lack of a better example, it is the same dynamic when they say women should close their legs.

Of course, men should zip their pants too, this is not to excuse men from philandering. But as far as society is concerned, a woman will suffer more for being promiscuous than a man. So, therefore, the burden of fidelity will be more on her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whose Fault Is It? by Tripitaka: 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
Amarisco:

Ahah, you’ve returned from your sabbatical!? 🎉

grin

You're good?
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by Amarisco(f): 9:46am On Aug 17, 2023
Tripitaka:

grin

You're good?

Yes oo, good to have u back 🥹
Re: Whose Fault Is It? by frozen70(f): 11:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
ColdHunter:
You flag a bike and tell bike man your destination. He tells you to board and he zooms off. Theres no mention of price during the journey.

Note that even though price wasnt discussed, the destination is a popular one and has a well known price even though not written.

You get to your destination and pay bikeman the "popular" rate but he disagrees and names a higher price.

Whose fault is it in this situation? Bikeman that failed to name his price before taking off or passenger that failed to ask for price before embarking.

Nlfpmod mynd44

They do that with the intentions of getting more money from you base on their assessments on you and your personality

One day I took a bike to my house, it's a personal building, we all knows the cost of getting there from where he picked me

The moment he got to my gate, he refuse to accept the money I gave him and insist that I have to add more

So I told him you are acting this way because you saw the building where am dropping

He kept quiet, I told him for being naughty that I will not add a penny and he should be ready to remain outside the gate with me, as for me am already in my area and I am not in a hurry

I also told him that if he had said, ahhh pls add money to it, that I like your house

That would have given me joy
But for him to think he is smart spoiled everything

At last he took the exact fare and left after wasting his time

1 Like

Re: Whose Fault Is It? by HITsquad: 3:39am On Oct 31, 2023
Amarisco:

Hi Ammie.

I tried texting you on WhatsApp with a Nigerian number ending with 82.. to that your particular number ending with 11.. But couldn't get much response.
I have something very important to talk to you about Ammie. Yeah yeah I know, I know. But again... it's really very serious and important we talk. PLEASE.... It's an emergency, a serious enough emergency that completely outweighs the awkwardness I feel or should be feeling right now for making this contact (especially out here)

(1) (Reply)

200% Roi Guaranteed After 10 Days / Pls I Need An Accomodation Urgently / A Marriage Without Regret

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.