Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training (17470 Views)

Chiamaka Nnadozie Is The Goalkeeper Of The 2023/2024 Season In France / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards / Real Madrid Pulls Out Of Alisson’s Deal, To Go For Thibaut Courtois (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Angelfrost(m): 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
Luckily for them, DDG is still available...! tongue

Matej Kovar of Man United youth academy can do wonders for them in the interim too... The kid is a revelation.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:
God, see problem abeg!

Na so Rasmus Hojlund wey we just buy go dey get back injury when him never even kick one ball for that outrageous amount wey we pay for am .
same with nkuku
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Kcfresh2103(m): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
grin
BoldBrainz:
God, see problem abeg!

Na so Rasmus Hojlund wey we just buy go dey get back injury when him never even kick one ball for that outrageous amount wey we pay for am .
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by 2pak(m): 3:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
JimmySwaggart:
This injury might be a blessing, you never know, he needs to pay more attention to raising a family now.
na wa for you, how can setback/injury be a blessing?
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by BoldBrainz(m): 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
Bar1941:

Police suppose arrest everybody wey do medicals for that guy.

The exact thing wey I talk last night for beer parlour !

The United medical team wey conduct Hojlund medicals suppose collect heavy beatings.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by odaniel1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ah Degea mama don go pray fire ontop this one head
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Angelfrost(m): 3:20pm On Aug 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:
God, see problem abeg!

What's the difference?!!... Rasmus could have become injured after just 2 or 3 games into the new season, and missed 10 games... Would that have been better?!!

Isn't it better he is recovered fully before the season fully kicks in?!!

Jadon and Rashford can be alternating the false 9 role for the time being since Martial has decided to 'retire' early. tongue

1 Like

Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by marksleek2584(m): 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2023
whippersnapper:
All of you saying de gea are you people his agent or the sporting director in madrid.We should rather go for Unai simon please.
way better.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Angelfrost(m): 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2023
whippersnapper:
All of you saying de gea are you people his agent or the sporting director in madrid.We should rather go for Unai simon please.

...And what happens when Courtois returns from injury?!!

You want to bench a top nation's Number 1 for the rest of the season??! grin

Madrid can't have a top keeper playing an interim or fill-up role... No sensible keeper will agree to such.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by WildChild00(m): 3:24pm On Aug 10, 2023
grin
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Dyfynezz12(m): 3:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Chai, so sad.
I wish him quick recovery.Achilles injury is every footballers nightmare
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by JimmySwaggart(m): 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
2pak:
na wa for you, how can setback/injury be a blessing?
you know his salary won't stop either. And also he has won it all with real Madrid. If his contract expires and Madrid doesn't renew it, he can head to Saudi league for better pay. It's all win win for him. This players need some rest once they pass their prime. Doing the same thing over and over every season can become boring.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Svoboda(m): 3:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
shantti:
First to comment

I feel emotional 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
I dedicate this position to buhari
We r beginning to miss him

Buhari doesnt care whether you miss him or not. Just face the reality with dignity.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by BoldBrainz(m): 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

What's the difference?!!... Rasmus could have become injured after just 2 or 3 games into the new season, and missed 10 games... Would that have been better?!!

Isn't it better he is recovered fully before the season fully kicks in?!!

Jadon and Rashford can be alternating the false 9 role for the time being since Martial has decided to 'retire' early. tongue

Leave grammar, bros!

Hojlund papa dey ment ?

Them tell am say we get the luxury of injuries whether now or later in the season? Na ball we buy am come play. We no buy am make e come dey drink cornflakes for hospital beds like Chelsea players.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by seborrhic: 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2023
Ironic how throughout the season with all the flying,jumping,tackles from players,he didn't suffer this kind of injury.
But he goes on break for 2 months,returns for preseason training and then this!
Could it be then that the 2months plus of holidaying,drinking,lying in the beach,eating at will and with no serious muscular activity,could have been a factor in this injury?
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by shantti(m): 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2023
Svoboda:

Buhari doesnt care whether you miss him or not. Just face the reality with dignity.

#bringbackbuhari 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by whippersnapper(m): 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

...And what happens when Courtois returns from injury?!!

You want to bench a top nation's Number 1 for the rest of the season??! grin

Madrid can't have a top keeper playing an interim or fill-up role... No sensible keeper will agree to such.
so it is de gea that is not a top keeper. besides courtois is past his prime. he can as well leave to greener pastures
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by rtdCivilservant: 3:32pm On Aug 10, 2023
WildChild00:
grin
I want to place a curse on all scammers (using WildChild00 as a point of contact to other scammers ) especially here on nairaland, it shall never be well with them, they shall die a miserable death, vultures shall feed on their dead bodies, misery shall forever locate them. Woe betide all scammers.
WildChild00
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by seborrhic: 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2023
Bar1941:

Police suppose arrest everybody wey do medicals for that guy.
Is it only that guy.
Something tells me that Man Utd will regret buying Onana too and the way they shabbily treated De Gea despite the many great years and service the guy gave Utd.
Onana is grossly overrated in my opinion and his overzealous playing from the back will cost them serious points.
Before long into the season I forsee many Utd supporters regretting ever allowing degea to leave.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Felix6: 3:35pm On Aug 10, 2023
MetroLane:
Quick Recovery To Him.

I used to enjoy watching him when I was Alive grin
undecided

Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by patomberekpe(m): 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
Real Madrid should buy Arsenal goalkeeper for 70m
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Angelfrost(m): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Leave grammar, bros!

Hojlund papa dey ment ?

Them tell am say we get the luxury of injuries whether now or later in the season? Na ball we buy am come play. We no buy am make e come dey drink cornflakes for hospital beds like Chelsea players.

Calm down chief... The young man is already in training... He won't miss more than 2 first games.

This is why you guys need to buy a back up striker, or get Greenwood back into the squad.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Reference(m): 3:46pm On Aug 10, 2023
That means the season is done for them even before it starts. That guy guarantees them no less than 20 points per season by himself not to talk of knockout exploits in the CL.

Anyway without a top 9 for the first time in a generation there was little hope anyway of achieving anything tangible on the field.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Angelfrost(m): 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2023
whippersnapper:
so it is de gea that is not a top keeper. besides courtois is past his prime. he can as well leave to greener pastures

Between Courtois and de Gea, who is more in demand?!!

DDG that has long lost his starting position in Spanish national team.

He will gladly play second fiddle to Thibaut... Hell, he would have gladly played second fiddle to Onana sef
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Silentgroper(m): 3:51pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hotwest:
Long holiday with part payment loading...

hell nuh.

He gets his wages in full whilst the club foot his hospital bills

1 Like

Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by princeade86(m): 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2023
Viccur:
De gea to the rescue
u Sabi. I wish Madrid should just go for DD. It will save them money and stress.
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by princeade86(m): 3:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
BronzeTiger:
De Gea to Real madrid at last. But he's still as not good as courtois. This guy literally saves madrid many times.
bro, how will u say degea is not as good as coutoirs. Is degea small goal keeper?
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by princeade86(m): 4:00pm On Aug 10, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
they should go for De Gea, they've always wanted him
lol
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by BoldBrainz(m): 4:02pm On Aug 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

Calm down chief... The young man is already in training... He won't miss more than 2 first games.

This is why you guys need to buy a back up striker, or get Greenwood back into the squad.

I no dey like that kind rough play abeg grin!

No be yeye Adidas be the only stumbling block for Mason Greenwood like this so?!
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by BoldBrainz(m): 4:06pm On Aug 10, 2023
seborrhic:

Is it only that guy.
Something tells me that Man Utd will regret buying Onana too and the way they shabbily treated De Gea despite the many great years and service the guy gave Utd.
Onana is grossly overrated in my opinion and his overzealous playing from the back will cost them serious points.
Before long into the season I forsee many Utd supporters regretting ever allowing degea to leave.

Apart from Rasmus Hojlund, if I say I understand the rest of the transfer business Man United did this window, I swear I dey lie!
Re: Thibaut Courtois To Miss 2023/2024 Season Due To 'serious' Injury In Training by Angelfrost(m): 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2023
seborrhic:

Is it only that guy.

Well... David was great for Man United, but in modern football, a keeper that can't help push attacks from the back by key distribution becomes a serious liability, especially where goals and wins are needed.

Onana solves that problem for ETH... He did well at Ajax and Inter (watch the clips).

The problem for him and United will be where the defense goes to sleep while he is on a high line (this happened against Lens)... So, he isn't overrated sir.

Goalkeeping has moved on from merely stopping shots and making saves... A great keeper should be effective at keeping the ball and attackers in the press. DDG completely lacks that, and has failed to evolve severally.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Coach, Kelechi Emeteole, Is Dead June 21, 2017. / Neymar Handed Three Match Ban For Punching Fan / Video & Pictures Of Desire Oparanozie’s Rocket Goal Against Paris Last Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.