Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,488 members, 7,836,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me (955 Views)

Nigerian Woman Returns N38m Chinese Company Mistakenly Sent To Her Bank Account / Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
"I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20Million Naira Mistakenly Sent To My Account" - Youth Corp Member, Oluwaseun Says | #IgbereTV

By Wisdom Nwedene

In this interview with Wisdom Nwedene, Adekunle Isaiah Oluwaseun, a graduate of Political Science from the prestigious University of Lagos reveals why he returned the 20 Million Naira mistakenly sent to his account by Bukkahut Hospitality LTD.

He told our correspondent, Wisdom Nwedene that he was only given 20,000 naira only after he returned the 20 Million Naira.

(1) Can We Get To Meet You?

My name is Adekunle Isaiah Oluwaseun popularly called Seunlaw. I'm a graduate of Political Science from the prestigious University of Lagos.

(2) Which State Are You Serving?

I'm currently serving in Osun State, Ilesha West Local government and currently the Corps Liaison Officer (CLO) of NYSC Ilesha West Local Government.

(3) How Much Was In Your Account When The 20 Million Naira Entered?

#1,521.47

(4) How did You React when You Saw The Alert?

The money came in while I was in the Kitchen with my fellow indweller at the NCCF lodge preparing for dinner. I was Shocked and fidgeting because I wasn't expecting such amount of Money. I searched for the company's name online and I sent them a mail after briefing my Dad. Shortly, I received a WhatsApp call from FCMB branch in Ilupeju followed by a call from a representative of Bukkha Hospitality LTD in which I assured them of total refund.

(5) What Did The Organisation do When You Returned The Money?

A lady from Bukkahut Hospitality LTD contacted me. She was so grateful for my compliance and apologized for any inconveniences it caused me. She personally sent me #20,000 in appreciation and promised that immediately I'm done with NYSC that I should send in my Curriculum vitae.

(6) Do You Actually Said You Were Only Given N20,000 For Returning 20 Million Naira?

Yes and I'm grateful!

Having the understanding that it was an Erroneous transaction meant for business purpose and anyone could make such mistake. I willing refunded the money without any expectation. Though, the Account officer that called me first From FCMB bank, Ilupeju Branch said I would be appreciated by the Bank but after successful reversal I'm still expecting their call.

(7) Apart From The Lady, The Organisation Never Honoured You?

Not at all!

Source : https://9newsng.com/i-was-given-n20000-only-after-i-returned-20million-naira-mistakenly-sent-to-my-account-youth-corp-member-oluwaseun-says/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by TheGiftedOne(m): 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2023
While I'll fault the greedy beneficiary of your kind gesture, I'll like you to see your act as one in a million. One for God and humanity not financial reward.

See how handsome you look, slim and tall. Your beauty no be waste at all. Infact this your act of honesty perfectly complements your looks.

I hereby call on all GOOD and well meaning Nairalanders to click LIKE for this dude.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Taylor90: 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2023
undecided
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Dilajohnson: 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
You do good for peace of mind bro. Not for what people will say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Dilajohnson: 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2023
Oga God is the rewarder of them who do good
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by AwokenVawulence: 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
They should have given more thou, but u self why u want money for money wey no be for u

1 Like

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by AwokenVawulence: 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
They should have given more thou, but u self why u want money for money wey no be for u undecided

1 Like

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Beremx(f): 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
The story hasn't really gone viral enough though. If it has, you will be handsomely rewarded by well meaning Nigerians. You have been promised a job after service, I think that's good

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Okoroawusa: 4:39pm On Aug 10, 2023
The money would still be traced to him if he didn't return it

2 Likes

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by CodeTemplar: 4:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
Even if he had diverted it, his account would have been debited accordingly and placed on negative value of the N20m.
This is exactly how God will debit a lot of people on reconciliation day. This life is like a ledger system where one side/leg of the transactions are concealed somewhere in heaven.

If you do not know what reconciliation is, ask a good accountant to explain that to you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by abhosts(m): 4:44pm On Aug 10, 2023
Do the right thing without expecting anything in return.
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by flokii: 4:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
20k he didn't work for is better than taking a whole 20 million wrongly sent to his account.
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Septagon: 4:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
Account limit 50k but u can receive 20m?story no too clear

1 Like

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Wisdomkosi(m): 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2023
Septagon:
Account limit 50k but u can receive 20m?story no too clear

You can receive any amount but cannot withdraw it. That's how it works

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by illicit(m): 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2023
Guy u try

Thumbs up
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Chimezie198(m): 4:54pm On Aug 10, 2023
How much were you expecting before?

1 Like

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Hedonisco: 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Even if he had diverted it, his account would have been debited accordingly and placed on negative value of the N20m.
This is exactly how God will debit a lot of people on reconciliation day. This life is like a ledger system where one side/leg of the transactions are concealed somewhere in heaven.

If you do not know what reconciliation is, ask a good accountant to explain that to you.

He could have easily emptied it and 'japa-ed' with it. E no dey hard for any Street wise chap to do.

If I were the owner of the money, I'll have given him a 1% 'appreciation of honesty'
token. N200k. That's being me anyway. If he expects millions out of the money, then he is an entitled opportunist and not a honest person.
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by SalamRushdie: 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
So they should give U 2 million or what? Are you supposed to even collect anything outside the transfer fees? Do you know what the 20 million is for and how long they have been sourcing it?
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Afamed: 5:00pm On Aug 10, 2023
Are you expecting to be given N10m from what does not belong to you in the first place?

You have done yourself more good than harm by returning the money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by SalamRushdie: 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hedonisco:

He could have easily emptied it and 'japa-ed' with it. E no dey hard for any Street wise chap to do.

If I were the owner of the money, I'll have given him a 1% 'appreciation of honesty'
token. N200k. That's being me anyway. If he expects millions out of the money, then he is an entitled opportunist and not a honest person.

This is the problem I have with Nigerian ,y'all too unrealistic, do you know what the 20 million is for ? Do you know 200k can affect whatever the 20 million is for ? Money that was sent in error suddenly you feeling entitled to part of it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Candidlady: 5:01pm On Aug 10, 2023
Yaro wants 10%
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Afamed: 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
SalamRushdie:

This is the problem I have with Nigerian ,y'all too unrealistic, do you know what the 20 million is for ? Do you know 200k can affect whatever the 20 million is for ? Money that was sent in error suddenly you feeling entitled to part of it

That is the problem, with these youths these days.
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Sctests: 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2023
But the money was never yours in the first place, so why should I expect some "largess" from money wrongly sent to my account?

Let's be conscientious Nigerians and stop expecting rewards for doing right and good, which should be as natural as breathing.

Our psyche is messed up so badly and we need to change.
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Hedonisco: 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Your comment is the problem with the typical detached and narcissistic 'privileged' Nigerian. Most of ya'll live in a silly bubble.

The money is for bla bla bla. But it is N20 million. Transfer that money erroneously to wrong person's account, and trust me, it is gone forever. And the recipient is gone too! If what the money was meant for is so important, well die then. Because even a kobo of it, you will NOT see! It is also some kind of 'entitlement' for you to live in this kind of country as things stand and expect people to have integrity. It is what it is!

Quit being a Smart Alec. I understand these things better than you, and I know the fxking country I live in. That's why I think it is common sense to incentivise good behaviour for a bloody start.
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by westlius(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2023
money wey person for use japa
From Togo to canada
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by westlius(m): 5:33pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hedonisco:

Your comment is the problem with the typical detached and narcissistic 'privileged' Nigerian. Most of ya'll live in a silly bubble.

The money is for bla bla bla. But it is N20 million. Transfer that money erroneously to wrong person's account, and trust me, it is gone forever. And the recipient is gone too! If what the money was meant for is so important, well die then. Because even a kobo of it, you will NOT see! It is also some kind of 'entitlement' for you to live in this kind of country as things stand and expect people to have integrity. It is what it is!

Quit being a Smart Alec. I understand these things better than you, and I know the fxking country I live in. That's why I think it is common sense to incentivise good behaviour for a bloody start.
No mind am
We gey get guys way b bitcoin lords
Buy bitcoin worth 19million
Use 1 mill go togo or ghana
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by Nadingo: 5:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
Afamed:
Are you expecting to be given N10m from what does not belong to you in the first place?

This kind youth is just waiting for opportunity.

If this kind mentality gets to the position of authority, he will not hesitate to loot everything available
Read, black man read!!!
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by kmaster007: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
Dey play
Okoroawusa:
The money would still be traced to him if he didn't return it
Re: I Was Given N20,000 Only After I Returned 20million Naira Mistakenly Sent To Me by UnknownT: 8:41pm On Aug 10, 2023
Your headline will make it appear as if he regretted returning the money but reading the news, man was happy that he returned the money. Great guy! I hope some other persons come through for him like the hotel lady that returned thousands of dollars

(1) (Reply)

Intercontinental ATM Fraud? / Wale Tinubu Emerges Africa’s ‘business Leader Of The Year’ / Can Google Cheque Be Cashed With Gtbank Current Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.