Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone (1986 Views)

Samsung S20 Ultra - Best Smartphone I Have Ever Used! / Please Recommend Good Phone For Me With Durable Battery Between 27 To 30K / The Samsung Galaxy A8 Series Full Specs & Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by bunnae(f): 5:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
Hello fam. I'm thinking of changing my phone. I have gone through Jumia to check for what I need.

The s20 is what I have settled on. The issue is that I called a phone seller In know and he said I can no longer get a brand new s20.

I want the snapdragon variant. Is this true?

I saw the phone on Jumia but I dont know if it is the exynos variant. I also want to know about the battery life and other things that could confirm the phone as a good buy.

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by tecnolad(m): 7:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
bunnae:
Hello fam. I'm thinking of changing my phone. I have gone through Jumia to check for what I need.

The s20 is what I have settled on. The issue is that I called a phone seller In know and he said I can no longer get a brand new s20.

I saw the phone on Jumia but I dont know if it is the exynos variant. I also want to know about the battery life and other things that could confirm the phone as a good buy.

Buy Samsung S21 FE, S22 plus or Samsung S23.

S20 has a terrible battery life, plus search online and you'll see a ton of complaints about a mysterious green line appearing on the screen after users did a software update.

14 Likes

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by nafisu: 8:43pm On Aug 10, 2023
It will be extremely difficult to find a brand new S20 series as it is 3years old now, forget jumia those S20 series phones are refurbished and repackaged, better an S20+ for better battery.
bunnae:

2 Likes

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by ikon123(m): 9:55pm On Aug 10, 2023
I'm a user of s20 and I can tell the phone is still pretty good the battery life is great just that no more Android version updates.
You can only get UK used or refurbished no brand new anywhere.
Make sure when you are buying the screen does not have any screen burn if you don't know how to check this I'll advice you to go with someone that knows Samsung.

7 Likes

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by seanwilliam(m): 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2023
If you can’t afford latest Samsung flagship, go for the one made a year before the current . E get while,

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Fatfool69: 6:30am On Aug 11, 2023
bunnae:

Better than all new Redmi and tecno phones

3 Likes

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by 43334ade: 7:05am On Aug 11, 2023
Don't buy the so called UK used ones
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by 43334ade: 7:13am On Aug 11, 2023
The value of a used phone, whether foreign used or not, that has lasted for 3 years or more after its manufacturing date OR is not going to get any android upgrade or security patches again should be less than 100k.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by bunnae(f): 10:10am On Aug 11, 2023
Thank you guys for the feedback
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by bunnae(f): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2023
tecnolad:

S20 has a terrible battery life, plus search online and you'll see a ton of complaints about a mysterious green line appearing on the screen after users did a software update.
Okay. Thank you
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Techm8: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2023
bunnae:

I recently bought a clean US used s20+ the snapdragon variant. I can give u the contact if the guy in computer village
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by bunnae(f): 11:22am On Aug 11, 2023
43334ade:
Don't buy the so called UK used ones
A brand new phone is what I want. I need something new because I use my phones for years before changing.

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by bunnae(f): 11:34am On Aug 11, 2023
Techm8:

I recently bought a clean US used s20+ the snapdragon variant. I can give u the contact if the guy in computer village
Thank you. I'm not considering a used phone yet.
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by candyguyofficia(m): 5:12pm On Aug 11, 2023
bunnae:

Thank you. I'm not considering a used phone yet.

This decision is not far from a wise decision

4 Likes

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Jeffiwizzy: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2023
does s21 fe support mtn 5g??
tecnolad:

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by udemzyudex(m): 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2023
43334ade:
The value of a used phone, whether foreign used or not, that has lasted for 3 years or more after its manufacturing date OR is not going to get any android upgrade or security patches again should be less than 100k.

Just dey play, you're the one controlling the dollar rate which sellers use in buying the phones.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by 43334ade: 8:53am On Aug 12, 2023
udemzyudex:

Just dey play, you're the one controlling the dollar rate which sellers use in buying the phones.

If the difference between the price of a used phone (that has lasted for 3 or 4 years with no future android upgrade or security patches or with some scratches or cracks) and the price of the new one is not that much, why will I be stupid to purchase the used phone just because I do not have enough money buy the new type of the used phone. I will rather get wait to get the balance or use the existing money to purchase a latest new phone or a latest used phone

Most of the so called UK used phones here on nairaland are really Nigerian used or better still, they are refurbished phones which can be gotten from some foreign websites easily and cheaply.

A 3 year phone that has cracks on the screen and scratches on the back is still being quoted between 180k and 200k just because the seller bought it 350k or more 3years ago. That is unfair.

Once the phone box is opened even without using the phone at all,it has become a used phone.

If you are selling a brown new phone and you are quoting a jumia or konga price for the phone, then why should I leave reputable sources to buy from you. Think.

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by tecnolad(m): 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2023
Jeffiwizzy:
does s21 fe support mtn 5g??

While I used it, it did support MTN 5G, but only in certain places here in Ibadan. I'm sure that it'll be everywhere soon.
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Jacku: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
bunnae:

I'll suggest you purchase it from the Samsung store as against Jumia.

But you don't fancy TECNO?
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Jacku: 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
ikon123:
I'm a user of s20 and I can tell the phone is still pretty good the battery life is great just that no more Android version updates.
You can only get UK used or refurbished no brand new anywhere.
Make sure when you are buying the screen does not have any screen burn if you don't know how to check this I'll advice you to go with someone that knows Samsung.
what's the challenge with a burnt screen?
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Raptor2cool: 3:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
Hello, have you gotten one?
Am planning on getting one also and I would need some feed back.
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by bunnae(f): 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
Raptor2cool:
Hello, have you gotten one?
Am planning on getting one also and I would need some feed back.
I have not settled on any yet
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Kizyte(m): 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2023
bunnae and Raptor2cool I'm expecting this week, the S20+ 5G I ordered on Jumia, I will give an honest feedback and unboxing. I think the blue line complaints about the S20 are only the Indian version, which are the Exynos variant.

3 Likes

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by bunnae(f): 10:44pm On Aug 14, 2023
Kizyte:
bunnae and Raptor2cool I'm expecting this week, the S20+ 5G I ordered on Jumia, I will give an honest feedback and unboxing. I think the blue line complaints about the S20 are only the Indian version, which are the Exynos variant.
Okay. I await your review

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Blankstare(m): 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
Kizyte:

My s20plus have been consistently seeking for android 13 upgrade whenever she sees my office wifi four about for about 4month now which I decline for fear of the talked about green line. Its the snapdragon variant. Your review will also help. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Kizyte(m): 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Blankstare:

My s20plus have been consistently seeking for android 13 upgrade whenever she sees my office wifi four about for about 4month now which I decline for fear of the talked about green line. Its the snapdragon variant. Your review will also help. Thanks
OK, I will keep you posted!
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Kizyte(m): 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
bunnae:

Okay. I await your review
See the unboxing of my new S20+ 5G as I promised: https://www.nairaland.com/7805882/unboxing-samsung-old-flagship-s20
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Kizyte(m): 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
Blankstare:

See the unboxing of my new S20+ 5G as I promised: https://www.nairaland.com/7805882/unboxing-samsung-old-flagship-s20
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Kizyte(m): 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
bunnae:

I have not settled on any yet
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by Kakadancefreak(f): 9:54pm On Sep 03, 2023
bunnae:

I know CAMON 20 is a good device bro!
It's what I use to create content.

The camera is What Do I Even Know!

Exquisite!
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by bunnae(f): 10:42pm On Sep 03, 2023
Kakadancefreak:

I know CAMON 20 is a good device bro!
It's what I use to create content.

The camera is What Do I Even Know!

Exquisite!
I don't want anything Tecno/infinix/itel and the rest of their siblings.
Re: Is The Samsung S20 A Good Phone by PacNwa: 10:02am On Sep 06, 2023
bunnae:

I have a brand new Samsung A34 for sale with receipt and all

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn 10mb Fraud / GIONEE M3: Specifications,features And Price. / Mtn Whatsapp Unlimited Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.