Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Nigerians In University Of Ghana - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians In University Of Ghana (6116 Views)

Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels / Disaster In University Of Uyo As Fire Guts Girls Hostel [see Photo] / Fire Outbreak In University Of Uyo female hostel . (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In University Of Ghana by getukudo(m): 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2007
I read with total shame how Nigerians go to Ghana and seek for admission into the UNIVERSITY OF GHANA by bribing the VC of the University of Ghana. And how we cause nuisance to their country calling us "ANAGO", nickname for Nigerians. Why do we show ourselves everywhere we go in the world. A student of the university, a ghanian was quoted as saying that the population of Nigerians alone in the University is well over 90% and that we leave our own country to come their own country to get good education when we cannot upgrade our own institution, calling us thieves, that the Nigerians have introduced Cultism, thuggery, robbery and unseriousness in the institution. Nigerians pay a whooping $5,000(N725,000) to go and study outside the country. This is a huge shame to us. Please nairalanders what are we doing about this. Just last year a Nigerian student was stabbed to death by a Ghanian when he tried to get his laptop from the ghanian student who robbed him of his Laptop, radio set and jewelries. We can't sit down and let all this happen to us.
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by ogajim(m): 1:12pm On Sep 10, 2007
It starts at the top my friend! Nigerian students anywhere are a reflection of the entire society, I know a couple of Nigerian "students" in the ATL area with a powerful lawyer for a dad, hardly go to classes and never short of money not to talk of living in separate million dollar homes paid for by daddy. The situation is getting worse by the day and respect for Nigerians will soon be hard to come by, national problem that needs to be fixed from the top down, maybe the Rawlings solution will work for us.
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by Kobojunkie: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2007
The reason why they have time for cults is cause they barely have anything else to do. You give them the same work load as students in universities such as harvard or some serious school has and make sure there is no way for them to bribe their way through school, I bet you this cult problem will not be as pronounced as it has been for decades now, even in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by folahann(m): 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2007
The cultism,thuggery and robbery is all over the World, it's not Nigerians that introduced it.
It is a stupid excuse to say Nigeria introduced it to Ghana. You know a country like USA and others have worst students, so what do you want to say about that, all these is based on the hatred Ghana have for Nigeria
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by babasin(m): 7:11pm On Nov 04, 2007
I read with total shame how Nigerians go to Ghana and seek for admission into the UNIVERSITY OF GHANA by bribing the VC of the University of Ghana.

this is what you get when OBJ did not take care of 'Unis'

with our $40B foreign reserve, Nigerians have to go to school in a country with less than $1B reserve.

grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by almondjoy(f): 10:55pm On Nov 04, 2007
folahann:

The cultism,thuggery and robbery is all over the World, it's not Nigerians that introduced it.
It is a stupid excuse to say Nigeria introduced it to Ghana. You know a country like USA and others have worst students, so what do you want to say about that, all these is based on the hatred Ghana have for Nigeria

I am happy we too can use the race card against ourselves in Africa.  My God! How low do we have to keep stooping till we drown in our own feces? sad

babasin:

this is what you get when OBJ did not take care of 'Unis'

with our $40B foreign reserve, Nigerians have to go to school in a country with less than $1B reserve.
grin cheesy

Chai!!! Please do not make me cry this evening. cry  Oh God! cry
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by iykrion(m): 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2007
The University of Legon, Ghana is better than any University in Nigeria. When we went there for a workshop on Leadership in Africa (2003), many of us were amazed as regards what we saw: the teaching culture, their library etc. But for the introduction of vices, we should know that criminality is in every human being, it only needs a little encouragement to manifest.
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by folahann(m): 11:59pm On Nov 04, 2007
Thank you!
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by Orobert: 9:59pm On Nov 07, 2007
my reply can be tagged by an informed fellow as surmising but I ve to air my view because am a Nigeria and therefore involved directly or indirectly.
Education in Nigeria is a cipher, and bulk of the blame would aportioned to our leaders and every other in the position of authority and a lesser extent us the citizens. This malfunction goes beyond the educational sector, the political sphere is in control of every other. If we (as a nation) cant get it right there, am afraid our jounery to a viable educational system might be an illussion.

I want us to know that we are responsible for everything that we ve experineced as a nation, we indiidually can start to change our outward display. lets start by been Honest, trustworthy, hardworking and ve faith in ourselves and Nigeria. definitly people around us would come to appriciate us and our New Nigeria.

God Bless Nigria!!
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by Ndipe(m): 11:46pm On Nov 07, 2007
It is ironic that Obasanjo and his current sucessor, Yaradua, both democratically elected presidents have paid a lip service to the ailing educational sector in Nigeria, while IBB, a military head of state accomplished a lot, particularly for the federal government colleges in Nigeria. During that era, I mean, the 80's upto the 90's getting admitted into a federal government college was very competitive, because of the special attention they received from the erstwhile regime. Now, they are shadows of their former selves, being usurped by private and expensive secondary schools.

Honestly, I really dont care if we are in a military or civilian regime, as long as we are progressing as a nation.
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by folahann(m): 12:29pm On Nov 08, 2007
Military man know nothing about Educatiom, come destroy am
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by opokonwa(m): 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2007
@poster

Are we supposed to carry knife & guns go Ghana go war?!

Anybody can go anywhere to get Good Quality Education.

Nigerians dey go Havard NA GHANA WE NO FIT GO?!

LET GHANAIANS HANDLE THEIR OWN 'INFERIORITY COMPLEX' sad

Afterall, we Nigerians did not take the school by force!
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by buffead(f): 10:27pm On Nov 09, 2007
iykrion or watever ur name is who cares if its better dan da universities in nigeria why dont u die dere fool
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by iykrion(m): 5:52pm On Nov 12, 2007
buffead:

iykrion or watever your name is who cares if its better dan da universities in nigeria why don't u die dere fool

Na wah for this small girl o! grin. I wonder why you allowed your emotions - notwithstanding how stupid it is - to have the best part of you. If you are unconcerned (as a citizen, if you are one) about the deplorable state of Nigerian Universities when compared to that of her neighbouring countries, then, you are certainly suffering from delusions of grandeur.

Are you literate at all? Why do you want me to die there? I only said that I went there in 2003 for a workshop. I just noticed that you missed letter 'H' in you name. It should be spelt B-U-F-F-H-E-A-D, because that's what you are grin
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by angel101(f): 12:31pm On Nov 14, 2007
Is nigeria being blamed for the fact that the ghanaian VC accepts bribe? or for the fact that a nigerian student in the ghanaian uni was stabbed to death in the course of being robbed? or for the fact that the school authorities have failed in their responsibility to police the school and its students.

Nigeria has failed in the same aspects no doubt but alsoi think people should take responsibilities for their own short comings
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by otodeluxe(m): 8:42am On May 05, 2013
Ghana universities rank higher than most nigerian universities. Do you research and see. I hate being a Nigerian!
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by baynix(m): 9:37am On May 05, 2013
I Was At Wisonsin University Hostel Last Month.. Nigerians There Are 70% !! Their Hairstyle Is Scary!! They "Weed" Like Grass-cutter!!

We Really Need To Rebrand Our Education System!!

My 2Cents
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by peleson: 10:33am On May 05, 2013
iykrion: The University of Legon, Ghana is better than any University in Nigeria. When we went there for a workshop on Leadership in Africa (2003), many of us were amazed as regards what we saw: the teaching culture, their library etc. But for the introduction of vices, we should know that criminality is in every human being, it only needs a little encouragement to manifest.
Which university have u bin to in nigeria? Ghana js have 2 major uni university of lagoon accra n kwame nkrume university of science n technology so can u compare this two schools to over 40 federal universities in Nigeria? Let ghana try two build more 10 federal school, u will surely see them go broke. Nigeria is way ahead.
Combine unilag which I know is better than university of lagoon with university of ibadan n OAU n tell me where where uni lagoon will stand. OBJ fu.cked up big time. No fed. Uni for 8yrs yl GEJ built 11 Fed. Unis in 2yrs.
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by jerusalem101: 11:35am On May 05, 2013
baynix: I Was At Wisonsin University Hostel Last Month.. Nigerians There Are 70% !! Their Hairstyle Is Scary!! They "Weed" Like Grass-cutter!!

We Really Need To Rebrand Our Education System!!

My 2Cents

How will that happen when d goose in d nat'l assembly r collecting 4m n above monthly 4 deliberating over d change of name of unilag 2 maolag instead of deliberating on how 2 improve d education sector,I invogue d blood thirty god of boko haram on them all.
Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by JadeWilliam(f): 8:18am On May 10, 2013
What is wrong with schooling abroad? When u school abroad,u don't only get educated,u also mingle with other foreigners.Ghanians were so kind to b accepting Nigerians without JAMB or any form of entrance exams.Look at what Nigerians are doing to students who applied for JAMB.Mass failure.Not to mention the post UTME exams.I saw a trend where an aspiring JAMBITE said he feels like committing suicide.And i know there's nothing as embarrassing or frustrating as staying at home hoping to pass JAMB so if u can afford going to school in Ghana,pls don't hesitate joor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In University Of Ghana by JoshMedia: 12:35pm On Apr 24, 2019
Ndipe:
It is ironic that Obasanjo and his current sucessor, Yaradua, both democratically elected presidents have paid a lip service to the ailing educational sector in Nigeria, while IBB, a military head of state accomplished a lot, particularly for the federal government colleges in Nigeria. During that era, I mean, the 80's upto the 90's getting admitted into a federal government college was very competitive, because of the special attention they received from the erstwhile regime. Now, they are shadows of their former selves, being usurped by private and expensive secondary schools.

Honestly, I really dont care if we are in a military or civilian regime, as long as we are progressing as a nation.
Nigeria never spoil reach this level at the time of this post and you were complaining?

How do you feel now? angry

(1) (Reply)

Our Maths Teachers Must Apologise To Us / 25 Creative Life Hacks You’d Never Think Of In A Million Years. / The Saddest Truth About Smart People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.