Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

The Continuous Reoccurring and Irritating North Centered Discourse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Continuous Reoccurring and Irritating North Centered Discourse (162 Views)

Remi Sonaiya Apologizes For Sharing Fake News About Tinubu-CSU Discourse / Stop With Your Persistent And Irritating Complain Of The Elections- Lai Mohammed / The Continuous Attack By Ipob-igbo Movement On Men From Other Tribes Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Continuous Reoccurring and Irritating North Centered Discourse by Oboys12: 2:10am On Aug 11, 2023
Recently here on Nairaland I was reading a piece about the ongoing Niger political saga and the writer was so ethno chauvinistic and it got me infuriated because of the bigger picture of the reoccurring North Centered Discourse.
Yes I don't want a a super power proxy war in west Africa that will be championed by Nigeria, if at all we are going to war with Niger it should be on the ground of personal interest and not because of Democracy or western powers instigation.
However what I find disturbing is the North North talk always, must everything be centered around Northern Interest.
Please was Nigeria formed to baby sit the North, OP said subsidy removal was done against the north, the borders was done against the north, are you kidding me.
In the first place the owners of the fuel that is being subsidized (South) are feeling the effect but their suffering does not matter what matters is that of the North who are being spoon fed. When the issue of 8k palliatives was on the front burner the south spoke from the standpoint of the ills of the scheme and it's little or no effect in ameliorating the suffering of the whole nation, but some parochial ethnocentric self centered unproductive backward segment of people and their elites were only seeing it from the angle of the Noth, in other words even if something it is bad on the country so long it doesn't affect the North is okay.
A backward unproductive population drawing the entire nation backwards

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Continuous Reoccurring and Irritating North Centered Discourse by orisa37: 3:25am On Aug 11, 2023
Concerned about the Progress of NIGERIA as a WHOLE.

BMFBOKOISWA, including MUHAMMADU BUHARI, THE SULTAN, THE EMIR OF DAURA EMIRATE AND ELRUFAI, are the CHICKENS THAT GERMINATED TEETH AT TWILIGHT. THE WITCHES ARE CRYING AT TWILIGHT, OUR CHILDREN MUST BE PROTECTED FROM DYING AT DAWN.

TINUBU MUST ADOPT FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG NOW NOW NOW.

MAY GOD GUIDE TINUBU, AKPABIO AND THE CJN.

(1) (Reply)

What Does The Nigerian Senate Clerk Do? By Osondu Nworu / Lagos Warns Of Flash Floods In Eti-osa, Ojo, Badagry, Ikeja, Others / Opportunities In Asaba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.