Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu (27633 Views)

Fathers Day: Phillip Shaibu Leads Altar Boys During Celebration / Oshiomhole: Phillip Shaibu Will Crawl Back To Me For Forgiveness After Sept.19 / Phillip Shaibu: Oshiomhole Needs Urgent Medical Attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by chaloskyx: 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2023
Why dint you call ECOWAS chairman BAT to help you use their military forces to tackle the coup plotters
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by southsouthking(m): 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2023
Pepperdemisback:

Omeme lo kila.

I hear you.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Pepperdemisback: 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2023
komzy589:

Online for election matter?
If everything happening online is reflective in reality, Obi will be President.
I’m closer to Edo than Ibos and I can tell you one thing for sure, Ibos had absolutely nothing to do with Obaseki or PDP winning the last Edo Gubernatorial election.
Wetin consign conductor with drivers license!

Personally, I think this hatred for Igbos is not necessary and it is affecting the rest of the country. I feel that’s why we have a President that is not competent enough. Most people voted for him out of tribal sentiments rather than competence.
How do you know Obi would have been competent? Did you see what Igbos did online during that JAMB issue? A girl forged result, they tagged JAMB Oga Yoruba Muslim and started bigotry. Did you See people like Charley Boy, Ezekwe whatever did online? It is vice versa. They go after imaginary enemies. That Edo Election was purposely to spite APC and Tinubu. Obaseki belonged to APC but changed at dead minute. Igbos were all online pushing him. It is no hatred but fact! Igbos and Wike.

9 Likes

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Pepperdemisback: 11:45pm On Aug 11, 2023
chaloskyx:
Why dint you call ECOWAS chairman BAT to help you use their military forces to tackle the coup plotters
He belongs to PDP, he should call Wike that put him there.
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by chaloskyx: 11:47pm On Aug 11, 2023
lol but Wike is now in BATs camp now i guess hes on his own
Pepperdemisback:

He belongs to PDP, he should call Wike that put him there.
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Thundafireseun: 11:56pm On Aug 11, 2023
udemzyudex:

Nothing new, same game plan over and over again.

Na dem sabi.

A crack in the PDP came

Is a WIN for Oshomole

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by b3llo(m): 12:14am On Aug 12, 2023
Softhands:
Ugly but Educated.....Listen to his command and fluency in english.
fine Edo men no Sabi book

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by b3llo(m): 12:15am On Aug 12, 2023
Badassniggga:
grin grin grin. Be like say na only their governors dey ugly, the average Edo men wey I personally know fresh small grin grin
lol... The fresh men no Sabi book n them no dey conquer industry

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by livebullet(m): 12:15am On Aug 12, 2023
Pepperdemisback:

Omeme! Uno Ope. Gwe gwe nu mention Yoruba, emu kila?

Egwe....uso le oa gba. Seek medical attention

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by livebullet(m): 12:19am On Aug 12, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Igbinedion is Ishan? 😏😕

They are from Okada, a Bini town. 🙂

See you...dey play.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by DrAkpa(m): 12:25am On Aug 12, 2023
komzy589:

Online for election matter?
If everything happening online is reflective in reality, Obi will be President.
I’m closer to Edo than Ibos and I can tell you one thing for sure, Ibos had absolutely nothing to do with Obaseki or PDP winning the last Edo Gubernatorial election.
Wetin consign conductor with drivers license!

Personally, I think this hatred for Igbos is not necessary and it is affecting the rest of the country. I feel that’s why we have a President that is not competent enough. Most people voted for him out of tribal sentiments rather than competence.

Some people like the idiiot U quoted are born with natural envy and hatred. That idiiot U quoted is the sort of person who will poison and kill an Igbo colleague or partner because the aforementioned is doing far better than him in life. Avoid or eat with a long spoon with Yoruba people and your days shall be longer than Methuselah

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by oz4real83(m): 12:27am On Aug 12, 2023
Throwback:
And it was at that moment that Obaseki realised that 4 + 4 torgba no dogba again.

Stay tuned for more acrimony on the reality show, "Edo no be Lagos".
somebody is doing second term and has a short time remaining in his second term, you are still boldly saying "4 +4 no gba again", are u sure you know the subject of discourse shocked

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by MS247: 12:35am On Aug 12, 2023
This one should just retire from active Politics after 2024
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by niel63(m): 12:53am On Aug 12, 2023
He go explain tire... no evidence.
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Ashirioluwa: 1:15am On Aug 12, 2023
Most Nigerian governors will not like their deputies to succeed them because they believe they will become more popular and influential than them.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Steve0979(m): 1:43am On Aug 12, 2023
Peledonomy:
I dedicate African rapper by MI and Flavour to that guy that likes dedicating songs
kai!!!Una go kill person wit laf o

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by aidoko1: 2:34am On Aug 12, 2023
Is it proper for someone to comment on just any matter because he sees opportunity to do so? Most people on Nairaland do not have genre. Sport come, they will comment, politics, economic, religion and even Military. Please know small before you spoil every thread you see with your busybody

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by kunle75(m): 3:11am On Aug 12, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oYwr60X630

He has become desperate to become governor and doesnt mind carrying out a coup against me - Edo State governor Godwin Obaseki explains why he fell out with the state's deputy governor Phillip Shaibu

Take a listen!!!

#wetindeyhappentv

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvzwyqxpS5z/?igshid=NjIwNzIyMDk2Mg==

Edo no be Lagos, I dey lafff in oshio baba language

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by correctyourself(m): 3:25am On Aug 12, 2023
muykem:
Obaseki is the chief command of betrayal. He can betray anyone include himself.

In this case that is not true, Edo has three senatorial district, Oshomole and Shuibu is from the north , Obaseki from south, now Obaseki want power to go to Central who has not present governor after Abrose Alli, I think Obaseki is actually right on this ideal, let power rotate across the three district.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by osomegbe(m): 3:34am On Aug 12, 2023
This Gov Obaseki will be the worst governor Edo ever produced. Igbenidion is even way ahead of him in terms of sense.
You can come to the public to say a whole tribe of Etsako had no commissioner in your government because Shuaibu did not attend a meeting. All the people you appointed, do they have a representative in the meeting. because of your fight with Osho and Shuaibu you decided to punish the whole clan of Auchi.
What a colossal loser.
You know a man when you give him money and power. It gets some people drunk and i think you are drunk with money and power.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Voiceofthestree: 4:21am On Aug 12, 2023
Softhands:
Ugly but Educated.....Listen to his command and fluency in english.

Educated my yansh a 8 good years Governor that can’t do a single project and you said .... His command and English nah that one we wan chop . Na English go liberate people

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by enemyofprogress: 5:20am On Aug 12, 2023
Na wa o

Corruption unlimited!
No 1 man ex EFCC alumnus
No 2 man Boko Haram tainted
No 3 man ex EFCC alumnus
and several others too
Una never see anything
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by toprealman: 5:35am On Aug 12, 2023
Nothing new, same shii since 1999.
Deputy might have acted too ambitious but Obaseki should not make it look as if he is not equally guilty.
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Access03(m): 5:36am On Aug 12, 2023
osomegbe:
This Gov Obaseki will be the worst governor Edo ever produced. Igbenidion is even way ahead of him in terms of sense.
You can come to the public to say a whole tribe of Etsako had no commissioner in your government because Shuaibu did not attend a meeting. All the people you appointed, do they have a representative in the meeting. because of your fight with Osho and Shuaibu you decided to punish the whole clan of Auchi.
What a colossal loser.
You know a man when you give him money and power. It gets some people drunk and i think you are drunk with money and power.

You capped it all. Shuaibu was his problem by not having a commissioner from the Auchi clan. Mr Governor is fighting a lost battle, coz Philip is more grounded politically than him. Let him contest, give Central your PDP ticket for the guber; and let's await the eventual winner.
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Ofunaofu: 5:37am On Aug 12, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
Edo no be Lagos. Igbos pushed this f00lish Edo people until they voted against their interested. Now, look at the idi0ts.

Emancipate yourself from ethnic and tribal bigotry and watch your life turn around for good

What has the Igbos got to do with this thread
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Ofunaofu: 5:40am On Aug 12, 2023
sreamsense:

Was Obaseki himself not desperate as well to take over from Oshiomole? Is easy to say because you are the one in power, if obaseki shows interest to him to succeed him, won't Shaibu know when he is not a kid? Obaseki body language must have been sending signal to his deputy even without talking. If the two of you don't put your house in order now and APC or another party enters, the two of you maybe exposed and spend your long vacation with EFCC/DSS answering queries that will bring karma to pay you back your betrayal of Oshiomole. Be warned and smart!

At the bolded, you may have to go back to read up how Obaseki emerged as governor

he wasn't desperate

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by tonididdy(m): 5:46am On Aug 12, 2023
…you go explain tire

Normal normal you and shuiabu need to be chained and flogged!
A sure fact is neither PDP nor APC will win next Edo governorship elections.
ONE THING IS SURE ABOUT EDOLITES, we don’t vote sentiment!
So all this explaining na without evidence

Edo nor be lagos

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Babastrong(m): 6:05am On Aug 12, 2023
Where are the "Edo no be Lagos" children
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Mosba: 6:38am On Aug 12, 2023
Who cares about the explanation? Karma is working against you period.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by HRMK: 6:40am On Aug 12, 2023
what is wrong if he is desperate to rule the state especially after serving you for 8yrs?
were you not also so for second term?was atiku not also so with obasanjo?he is still in same situation!is obi not also in same and using ethnicity and religion to win votes?YOU ARE OUT OF POINT!TAKE THE BACK SEAT MY FRIEND!!
Re: Gov. Godwin Obaseki Explains Why He Fell Out With Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu by Basic123: 6:41am On Aug 12, 2023
livebullet:

Sharap there my friend...when Ishan man(Lucky Igbinedion) gave power to Osunbor the mandate thief another Esan man, where were you. Tribal bigot.

You have started behaving like the majority yorubas during the last concluded general elections. Wetin concern tribe and governorship. Pls outgrow your tribal mental prison.

We are bigger than voting accross tribal lines...

One thing I Sha know is that the duo of Obaseki and Philip failed woefully in terms of development. That's the only reason why someone like me won't stand for Philip.
I am Etsako. Uzairue precisely. Same village with Philip but I won't vote him.

Stop spreading nonsense bro....you stink of bigotry! Get a bath.
You are very stu.pid for mentioning yorubas and Tribalism in the same sentence

Yorubas gave their own son 55% while Igbo gave theirs 90%
Many yorubas are more vocal against Tinubu, how many Igbos are vocal against OBI?

The main reason why it will always be difficult for OBI is because you people still don't appreciate the little effort other tribes contribute to OBIdient struggle!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Landmark: Peter Obi Is inciting S/Easterners Against Tinubu - Umahi (vid, Pix) / Nigerian Troops Intensify Operations Against Boko Haram Terrorists. See Photos / Buhari Appoints 41 Non-Career & 1 Career Ambassadors, Seeks Senate's Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.