Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

My Funny Experience With A Small Transport Company Amidst The Fuel Hike... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Funny Experience With A Small Transport Company Amidst The Fuel Hike... (381 Views)

Fresh Problems Amidst The New Naira Notes!!! / Sex Industry Experiences Boom In Sales Amidst The Coronavirus Pandemic / 6 Bitter Truths No One Ever Told You About Being A Small Business Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Funny Experience With A Small Transport Company Amidst The Fuel Hike... by TimeArena1(f): 10:07am On Aug 12, 2023
Due to the hike in fuel and transportation prices, I have been unable to go to Onitsha.

All these while I've been doing mostly waybill.

I recently ran out of some of the items I don't do waybills for.

Like, I can't do waybill for these items because the market I usually get them from isn't Onitsha's main market and there's no vehicle coming to either Ughelli or Warri from that side so it's either I go there or I sort for other alternatives.

After a series of thinking, I decided to visit one market in Warri that sells the same articles.

I know the rates would be different but my dear, the transportation to Onitsha won't make the items cheaper either.

I got to the market and carefully scanned through all the sections to get the best and if you see the fine fine back-to-school water bottles and wedding souvenirs I bought ehen.

Like, you need to visit my office asap๐Ÿ˜‚

I'll sha take a photo for our mummies here once I have the time so you can start buying the things small small because new term, new water bottles.

After buying my goods, I bought food.
I mean FOOD because what's all the hustle for if you aren't well nourished and fed?

I ate part of the food because I'm practicing portion control and saved the rest for later๐Ÿ˜‚

I took Keke to Enerhen junction with the hope of going to roundabout to enter Ughelli Vehicle but somehow, I changed my mind because of the load I was carrying and decided to join one of those transport companies at Enerhen Junction.

PS: I have these beautiful and high-quality towels for sale. They are available in over 12 colors and we have them in SuperLarge, Large, and Medium. Our Prices are super fair and we deliver nationwide.

Re: My Funny Experience With A Small Transport Company Amidst The Fuel Hike... by TimeArena1(f): 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
I vetted all the parks operating at the junction and concluded none of them is actually good.

Aduvie Motors now have good Siennas but they don't have passengers. You fit go there around 2 PM come use 8 PM reach house๐Ÿ˜‚

Otu Motors is still operating in 2005๐Ÿ˜‚

I was left with only one option and that is to join the new transport Company that just opened close to Ughelli main market which fortunately also has a park at the Enerhen junction.

I've been seeing them but I do not have any reason whatsoever to waste my time in those parks when I can easily get a vehicle at the junction. But with my goods, I decided to patronize them.

Got into a keke and when we got to the park, I asked how many passengers were on ground, and when the driver told me it was 5, I came down from the keke and joined them.

I arranged my goods in the booth and headed to the lady writing the manifest to make payment.

I wrote my name and gave her 1k expecting at least #200 when she handed me #100.

Shuoo, na #900 for Ughelli? I asked.

"Yes o, na so we dey load for here" she replied.

Na wa! That's on the high side but it was too late to complain.

Two other women and one man with his teenage son joined and the Sienna was good to go.

A couple at the back complained bitterly about how tight the seat was.

"How ona go collect #900 come still carry 4 people for back of Sienna. People when dey run along along sef na 3 people them dey carry for back"

Another of the passenger who is also seated at the back begged them to calm down that it won't be long before we would get to Ughelli.

We all sha entered and the vehicle moved.

One of the men at the back happens to be an evangelist so he led us in a brief prayer.
Re: My Funny Experience With A Small Transport Company Amidst The Fuel Hike... by TimeArena1(f): 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
After the prayer, I brought out the other part of the food and wanted to eat but I wasn't having water. Checked my bag and all I saw was #190.

chaii!
I don buy money finish o.

What if something sup for road how I want do.

I quickly shook off that negative thought and called for a bottle of water while we were waiting at the traffic light.

The two women at the front started complaining about the Park. According to them, they came at about 1 PM and we were leaving at about 3:12 PM.

I asked them if they were jobless and we all started laughing.

They said the thing be like juju sef cos them no fit explain how them take Siddon for Park for almost 3 hours.

People started giving their various experiences at some of those other transport companies at the junction and it was super hilarious.

Funny enough, everybody in this vehicle was a first-timers.

We finally entered the express and the driver was driving like he has nothing to lose if he crashes๐Ÿคฃ

One of the women at the front told him she would give him a knock if he doesn't drive like a sane person.

In her very words, " After all the time when I waste for ona park na like this you want dey Drive like who dey craze?" The driver wanted to argue and that was when the woman said she would give him a knock if he acts unruly๐Ÿ˜‚

The driver is a small boy, though.

We all laughed and also told the woman to let him be after he slowed down yet she was still ranting.

We got to the Junction before Beta Glass and a man alighted and that was when the whole drama started.

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience With A Small Transport Company Amidst The Fuel Hike... by oweniwe(m): 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
Pls continue with the narrative.

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: My Funny Experience With A Small Transport Company Amidst The Fuel Hike... by TimeArena1(f): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2023
oweniwe:
Pls continue with the narrative.

Thanks smiley

I will.
I was writing and attending to business hence the delay.
I'll complete it before the end of today.
Re: My Funny Experience With A Small Transport Company Amidst The Fuel Hike... by Angrygoat: 2:38pm On Aug 13, 2023
Crappie. Idiot
Re: My Funny Experience With A Small Transport Company Amidst The Fuel Hike... by TimeArena1(f): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
After the man came down at the junction before Beta glass, the driver continued normally till we got to Transcorp where the vehicle suddenly slowed down and he was struggling with it.

He was behind a big trailer so we were all alert and were cautioning him on the best way to overtake since he doesn't have speed.

We eventually passed the trailer and he was going slowly.

We asked what is wrong with the vehicle and he said he doesn't know.

We asked if the fuel has finished and he blatantly denied that it was a fuel issue.

In his words, " If na fuel I for no fit dey drive am again. I no know wetin dey worry the motor"

He managed to drive it till we got to Eruemukohwarien by the fuel station junction and the vehicle refused to go further.

Driver wetin dey happen, why the motor stop?

We all asked and that was when he finally agreed that his fuel was finished.

Oops! Thank God it finished close to a fuel station.

Oya, carry gallon go buy fuel come make we dey go one of the men suggested.

The driver said something none of us ever expected

Like, it has never crossed my mind that I would ever be in such a situation.

He said, " I no get money to buy fuel o" ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: My Funny Experience With A Small Transport Company Amidst The Fuel Hike... by TimeArena1(f): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2023
What!!!

Is this playing

Wetin you mean say you no get money to take buy fuel. Everyone started provoking and talking at the same time.

It was getting chaotic so I suggested we all came down from the vehicle as we were very very close to the road and the way those big big motor dey drive speed pass ehen, no be me them go use put story.

The driver came down, opened the door and we all came down.

The driver started explaining his side of the story and why he doesn't have money for fuel.

According to the driver, they didn't sign money for fuel today because they bought fuel the previous day and they didn't get passengers.

When evening came, he drove the empty vehicle to their boss's house in Ughelli where all vehicles are parked each day.

By morning, he took the vehicle to the park at Ughelli and only got 4 passengers that he took to Warri and this our trip is his first official trip for the day.

He continued by saying when the vehicle had some passengers, he called his boss that he didn't have fuel to take the passengers to Ughelli and the man told him to sort himself and that nobody should touch his money.

He said he bought four liters of fuel with the little money he made from that unofficial trip he did in the morning which the ladies who said they've been there since 1 PM attested to.

The ladies said they heard him telling the other drivers that he bought the four liters of fuel with his money and he was not sure the fuel will take him to Ughelli but they told him to manage.

At this point, we were all confused.

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest Data Subscription Website In Nigeria / Exporting Bitter Cola And Cashew Nuts In Small Scale / Do You Know Your Digital Identity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.