Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye (20572 Views)

Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Omooba77: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, says Nigeria is already fighting some serious wars and that the country does not need more wars.

“We are still fighting wars against hunger, we are fighting some serious wars and sure we don’t want more wars. We want to win the ones we are fighting and we don’t want fresh ones; whether within or without our borders,” the respected cleric said early Saturday during the church’s 2023 Convention with the theme, ‘Beyond Expectations’.

Going down the lanes of history, the 81-year-old cleric said he witnessed the Nigerian Civil War between the Nigerian and Biafran sides from July 1967 to January 1970.

He said having experienced the war; he will choose peace over war any day, anytime.

Adeboye said, Nigeria still needs a lot of prayers. I’m a small boy but I was at the battlefront during the civil war; not as a soldier but I lived near the battlefront and what I saw, if anybody ask me to choose between war and peace, I will choose peace.”

The preacher said Nigeria is already fighting many wars against kidnappers, terrorists, killer herdsmen, amongst others, noting that the country does not need more wars but to win the ones it is battling currently.

And we are already fighting many wars in Nigeria, we are fighting wars against kidnappers, we are fighting wars against terrorists. There are still places in Nigeria today that when people go to bed, they are not sure they would not be killed before tomorrow morning.

“We are still fighting wars against some people who feel that if you are a farmer and you plant, then what you have planted is food for their cows and if their cows come to eat your harvest and you complain, they kill you,” he said.

Adeboye’s comment followed the controversy over proposed deployment of soldiers to Niger Republic by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) under the chairmanship of Nigeria’s President Bola Tinubu.

On July 26, 2023, the military in neighbouring Niger Republic snatched power from the constitutionally elected government of President Mohamed Bazoum.

ECOWAS subsequently gave the troops who seized power until last Sunday to reinstate 63-year-old Bazoum or face the potential use of force through the deployment of troops of the ECOWAS Monitoring Group (ECOMOG), a multilateral armed force drawn from the 15-member states, to compel return to democracy.

Nigeria has also cut off electricity supply to Nigeria amid a flurry of economic sanctions including border closure but the coup leaders remained defiant and the deadline passed without action.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/08/12/nigeria-fighting-serious-wars-fresh-wars-not-needed-adeboye/

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Tntsi: 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
The desperate unconstitutional mafia who is desperately looking for a way to cement his unconstitutionalship must be curtailed.

Nigeria is bigger than the ambition of one person.
You can't have a country where over 60% of citizens have almost become idps due to hunger, poverty and wrong policies. Yet you are beating the drums of war with a another nation.

107 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Dennisbulkan: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
Tinubu is a disaster still waiting to happen. He has shown himself to be a willing tool for the western warmongers.
I never imagined him to be this dumb. The entire Africa is against this senseless proxie war he's out for. He will pay dearly if he dares send Nigeria army to Niger. We are still waiting for the day ECOWAS & democracy champions would declare war against the fantastically corrupt leaders, elections fraud, & endemic poverty in the continent, not just a proxie invasion of sovereign nations whom her fed up with the currupt political elites scheme called democracy.

82 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by KwuoteYourFada: 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
Watch them attack him grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by CodeTemplar: 1:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
The greatest war is an internal one both personally and nationally.

The only valid reason I can think of is the spread of terrorism under military gov in Mali that can be interpreted as plausible in Niger.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by festacman(m): 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2023
Nigeria is fairly a democratic country. Democracy is about the people's welfare and interests. Interestingly, President Tinubu always claims to be a democrat. A true democrat is never autocratic.

Therefore, President Tinubu should listen to the people he is leading on the issue of going to war with Niger over its internal affair. Yes, Nigeria should be concerned about the happenings in Niger but it has enough status as a big brother to diplomatically help that country resolve its internal problems without sacrificing our soldiers and other resources we should devote to developing Nigeria.

In democracy, people's opinion count and the truth is that majority of Nigerians especially northerners who share common borders with Niger are against this war. So going to war in addition to the recent toxic policies will imply that President Tinubu's popularity and credibility as a leader and politician will crumble. Second term will be an uphill task. In addition, majority of NASS members are also against the war. Again going to war implies Tinubu is likely to be impeached if Northern NASS members mobilize to secure vital numbers. If you don't listen to the people who elected you, you will lose legitimacy. I expect Tinubu to be aware of this given his experience.

Let France fight its battle and carry its cross. After all, it has deployed every tactics in past to dilute influence of Nigeria in ECOWAS through inordinate control of Francophone countries. Recall, how France recently frustrated the ECOWAS single currency initiative.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Omooba77: 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2023
May will waste human and physical resources in needless wars......
Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by wittywriter: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
SMH

Wittyness
Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Omooba77: 2:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
May God help us......
Nlfpmod......
Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Brek: 2:05pm On Aug 12, 2023
This will be Nigerians first real war against a country
Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Allthelight: 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2023
Brek:
This will be Nigerians first real war against a country
Ecowas first regional war rather

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Ogamysamo: 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
ongoing wars in nigeria.
1. was against hunger.
2. war against poor education.
3. war against politicians
4. war against selfishness
5. war against unwise decisions
6. war against tribalism
7. war against marginalisation

are these not war enough? which point should we prove to another nation if we have not proven to be more than our nation? say no to invasion of niger.

russia of africa... we are not ready

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ogamysamo:
ongoing wars in nigeria.
1. was against hunger.
2. war against poor education.
3. war against politicians
4. war against selfishness
5. war against unwise decisions
6. war against tribalism
7. war against marginalisation

are these not war enough? which point should we prove to another nation if we have not proven to be more than our nation? say no to invasion of niger.

russia of africa... we are not ready
Ipob wars

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Ogamysamo: 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
Naijaboy18:
Ipob wars
better than hunger war,

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ogamysamo:

better than hunger war,
Let me know how your alliance with Niger and Russia works out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by loosecanon50(m): 3:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
President Agbado disagrees with you please.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by b0rn2fuck(m): 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
Yes, insecurities war, hunger war, inflation war, poor electricity even my penis no dey rise again, over thinking no fit solve problem

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Heroicvic(m): 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
Na this man Dem talk say e senior tinubu?

Wonders shall not end 😂

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by patrislayqueen: 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2023
... grin

Meanwhile, GAS CARBURETOR CONVERTER is still much available...

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by mainman7(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2023
Very true, thank you so much Daddy.
Like if you Agree with him on this.

See what Pastor said: https://www.nairaland.com/7790148/bishop-bares-it-all-says

See Imam's Answer to him: https://www.nairaland.com/7790184/alfas-response-yoruba-bishop-video

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by BrickDevo: 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
I dedicate "e pain me" by davido to everybody wey vote Apc, even you wey no vote, you are included.
Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by baralatie(m): 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
Yes sir!
Totally agree

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by topyhanky(m): 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
Dennisbulkan:
Tinubu is a disaster still waiting to happen. He has shown himself to be a willing tool for the western warmongers.
I never imagined him to be this dumb. The entire Africa is against this senseless proxie war he's out for. He will pay dearly if he dares send Nigeria army to Niger. We are still waiting for the day ECOWAS & democracy champions would declare war against the fantastically corrupt leaders, elections fraud, & endemic poverty in the continent, not just a proxie invasion of sovereign nations whom her fed up with the currupt political elites scheme called democracy.

You've spoken well

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Femiwilli: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
Tinubu wants to use Nigerian blood to secure French & American support.

If he does not they will expose his drug case

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by AmadeGTG: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
K
Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Buhari4dullard: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
Adeboye kept Quiet, you helped bring in this satanic APC 2015 in spite of God's warnings

No be Adeboye give Buhari ein blessings, thereby fooling us into voting Buhari?
he helped put us in this mess

https://www.legit.ng/344893-2015-buhari-calls-adeboye-for-blessings.html

Bosun Emmanuel Spoke warning us about Buhari and Adeboye shut him down!

This is the letter Adeboye gave to shut down Bosun Emmanuel when he warned us.

Adeboye na charlatan!

Here is the warning Bosun Emmanuel gave us all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FhYpKBKusQ

This same Adeboye has been exposed to be a Freemason.!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_7RflrL2nk

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by omoadeleye(m): 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
Na ECOWAS not Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by FactBoyz: 5:01pm On Aug 12, 2023
shocked
Re: Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye by Curious345: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
True.. But apc is evil..

Its a party that wants to destroy Nigeria

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK Christian Preacher Convicted Over Abortion Clinic Protest / Femi Aribisala: "First Fruit, 419 Pastors Salivating For Your January Salary" / "Do I Have To Confess My Adultery To My Spouse?"- Christian Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.